Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Xavi6 wrote: »
    U2 are ****. Carry on.

plus infinity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

DesF wrote: »
    The stewie version.

Totally! Awesome! In other news, i was bollick naked in Dublin Bay on saturday morning, for a change i was surrounded by two or three thousand other people too and some fella was taking photographs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Were there many shaven havens on show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Morning people.

can i please just say that "A Sort Of Homecoming" (live version) by U2 is a ****ing breathtakingly brilliant song.

Carry on...

gucci wrote: »
    Totally! Awesome! In other news, i was bollick naked in Dublin Bay on saturday morning, for a change i was surrounded by two or three thousand other people too and some fella was taking photographs!

I was going to go, but my humongous cock would have put everyone else to shame.

• Advertisement

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Morning people.

can i please just say that "A Sort Of Homecoming" (live version) by U2 is a ****ing breathtakingly brilliant song.

Carry on...

That's twice now.

Again.

U2 are shíte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Morning people.

Carry on...

We heard you the first time.

Morning people.

Carry on...

DJ Repeat in the house.

Oh and they're still ****.

I was going to go, but my humongous cock would have put everyone else to shame.

Yes well when you see the photos, that wasn't the light house in the picture, that was me lying down!
    Were there many shaven havens on show?
    Evidently the razor and modern waxing techniques have become popular in some regions of our land, but not all!

Fluck me it was cold though! Strangely enough finding my cloths among 2000 other plastic bags afterwards was straight forward enough.....thank jeebus!

Yes well when you see the photos, that wasn't the light house in the picture, that was me lying down!
    :pac:

Evidently the razor and modern waxing techniques have become popular in some regions of our land, but not all!
    I don't like the totally bald shaven look, makes women look like pre-pubescent kids.

Er, no thanks.

• Advertisement

dont know why that post went twice, my comp in work is acting up today.

U2 are not **** though. And that song most certainly isnt ****. Its from an early album before they would wat many people would see as "lost their way"

They are **** though, and Bono's a knob.

The Edge is an overrated guitarist who masks his average guitar playing with effects while the bassist is just plain crap.

Bruce Springsteen said do not underestimate The Edge, when you hear him play, think Clapton, think Hendrix, cause thats how good he is.

I agree. And if its good enough for the boss its good enough for me,

He is different, but an excellent guitarist none the less.

And Bono may be a knob, but he is a knob with an amazing voice.

And Larry is ****ing awesome.

Adam....meh...bass is boring at the best of times.

The Edge is an overrated guitarist who masks his average guitar playing with effects while the bassist is just plain crap.

In fairness his effects aren't even that....well really effective?!?!

I hate sounding like a pretentious git, saying one band is better than the other etc, but when it comes to U2....they contain a pretentious git, so il just say, aaahhh no I dont like them! Bar the Fly and Bullet the Blue Sky, I wouldnt ever think of listening to anything more.

Bruce Springsteen said do not underestimate The Edge, when he hear him play think Clapton, think Hendrix, cause thats how good he is.
    lol

Springsteen is also an over-rated crock of shíte tbh.
    And Bono may be a know, but he is a knob with an amazing voice.
    Shít singer, nothing but a moany, hyped up prick.

Lol go listen to some Muse

In fairness his effects aren't even that....well really effective?!?!

I hate sounding like a pretentious git, saying one band is better than the other etc, but when it comes to U2....they contain a pretentious git, so il just say, aaahhh no I dont like them! Bar the Fly and Bullet the Blue Sky, I wouldnt ever think of listening to anything more.

Dude, that wasn't me who said that.

Flea ftw, I hate RHCP, but Flea is amazing.

And Bootsy.

again des, i understand why people hate Bono, but vocally he is excellent.

and i'm gonna pretend you didnt insult the boss.

I actually bought a Muse live album yesterday after a recommendation you made a while ago to me.

see I am not close minded Xavi :)

• Advertisement

Dude, that wasn't me who said that.

Apologies for the miss-quote there.

Bass is such an under-rated essential instrument, but they will never be the star of the show! (Unless to budding bassists!) One things for sure is its easy to pick out a bad bass player!

Listen to Primus....now theres bass!!

Rules of Bass: 1. Do Not use a Pick
    2. Do NOT use a Pick!

(Someone is gonna put up about 10 pictures of primus using picks now i guess!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

U2 were great, and I'm not eve a fan of theirs.

Xavi, I have no idea how you can say Muse are so great, they are sub-standard at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Sorry, you are all wrong. If you are in the mood for some bass, Death From Above 1979 are the way to go. No guitars, just bass and drumage

Good man Este, i always knew you were a man of fine tastes, despite you're little McGeady obsession! ;)

U2 were great, and I'm not eve a fan of theirs.

Xavi, I have no idea how you can say Muse are so great, they are sub-standard at best.

Lol sub standard? I've heard it all now. I take it you've never seen them live. Listened to anything prior to BHAR or did Starlight sucker you in?

Have you ever seen U2 live? I hated them until I went see them live....

Their good if you like catchy pop songs which I normally do but I'll stick with Blink 182 if I want that.

Iv actually seen U2 live twice...admittantly they do put on a "Big Show" but any show where 2 of your band looks absolutely bored out of their tree (Clayton and Mullen) never convinces me! To add to it, they usually have one screen on each member, just so you never miss how bored they actually are!

Muse put on a pretty good show, alot of noise for 3 guys, and a hell of alot of lights!

wat ya mean look bored?

Clayton is always ****ing bopping around wielding his bass like a ****ing axe and wat the **** do ya want larry to do? a tap dance?

Have you ever seen U2 live? I hated them until I went see them live....

Their good if you like catchy pop songs which I normally do but I'll stick with Blink 182 if I want that.

:eek: You did not just make that comparison.

How the fuck does this sound like blink 182?

Or this? Listen to the feckin bass at the start!!!

/shakes head in amazement and disgust

Posts PM'd to MrJoeSoap. He'll love this.

• Advertisement

Iv actually seen U2 live twice...admittantly they do put on a "Big Show" but any show where 2 of your band looks absolutely bored out of their tree (Clayton and Mullen) never convinces me! To add to it, they usually have one screen on each member, just so you never miss how bored they actually are!

Muse put on a pretty good show, alot of noise for 3 guys, and a hell of alot of lights!

Lol sub standard? I've heard it all now. I take it you've never seen them live. Listened to anything prior to BHAR or did Starlight sucker you in?

Muse live are one of the best bands going. And their bassist is deadly.

wat ya mean look bored?

Clayton is always ****ing bopping around wielding his bass like a ****ing axe and wat the **** do ya want larry to do? a tap dance?

Maybe its because i freaking love the drums, and love to watch drummers giving it socks, but Larry rarely breaks a sweat on stage! I guess its just not my type of music, but I do think they were very good for their time....which has now passed!

And Larry is ****ing awesome.

Larry might be a top bloke (as u have told me from ur meetings with him) but to call him awesome from a drummers perspective is a bit much. Youtube John Bonham (Led Zeppelin), Danny Carey (Tool), Stuart Copeland (The Police), Ginger Baker (Cream) and you'll see proper drummers!

And Al, I thought u had some degree of musical intelligence, to call the bass borin is sacreligious!

Agreed.

Or Tool, Chili Peppers, Primus, Incubus (older stuff), Bootsy Collins, Jaco Pastorius, The Police, Mars Volta (some of which is Flea again), The Who.

Just cos U2 have a SH1TE bassist doesnt mean bass is borin! ;)

I'll find a couple of videos of Larry drumming when i get home this evening and pop em up, but needless to say, Larry gives it welly on the drums. and often actually looks like he is in serious pain (he has problems with his back)

Listen to Primus....now theres bass!!

Fúck yeah! Quality call

This is a great Primus song.

"Here they come, here they come"

• Advertisement

I'll find a couple of videos of Larry drumming when i get home this evening and pop em up, but needless to say, Larry gives it welly on the drums. and often actually looks like he is in serious pain (he has problems with his back)

Poor him!! Def Leppard have a one armed drummer, Id say thats considerably more pain!!

Neil, I wasnt slating bass (neil plays the bass), wat i meant was, that wat i am into is the "song" itself, not virtuoso musicians, they're all well and good, but the song is the main thing for me, as such the bass is their to lay the foundations in my opinion. adam is a perfectly good bass player for doing that. take someone like Robbie Robertson (The Band) he is a ****ing breathtakingly good guitarist, jammed with clapton on the last waltz and was more than able to hold his own, if not possibly outshine clapton, but with a lot of the bands songs his guitar is nothing more than a simple rythm guitar (see;the night they drove old dixie down for example) thats because they were off the philosophy that the song was the main thing. everything else was secondary.

I am the same :cool:

Poor him!! Def Leppard have a one armed drummer, Id say thats considerably more pain!!

Check out this hilarious thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=56227462

:D PMSL

Neil, I wasnt slating bass (neil plays the bass), wat i meant was, that wat i am into is the "song" itself, not virtuoso musicians, they're all well and good, but the song is the main thing for me, as such the bass is their to lay the foundations in my opinion. adam is a perfectly good bass player for doing that. take someone like Robbie Robertson (The Band) he is a ****ing breathtakingly good guitarist, jammed with clapton on the last waltz and was more than able to hold his own, if not possibly outshine clapton, but with a lot of the bands songs his guitar is nothing more than a simple rythm guitar (see;the night they drove old dixie down for example) thats because they were off the philosophy that the song was the main thing. everything else was secondary.

I am the same :cool:

Id agree but theres no reason why u cant be creative in doing this. Also if u take a band like Tool, they interchange the rhythm section from the bass and guitar playing rhythm with drums playing lead, to bass playing lead with the other 2 as rhythm etc, no reason u cant wexplore and push the boundaries whilst still avoiding up-your-own-hole-virtuoso self indulgance in fairness.

• Advertisement

Played a great game of 5 a side earlier. Helped myself to 6 goals in a 9-5 victory. Nice to have found the shooting boots again!

I agree, you can be a bit more flexible with it, see someone like the Stone Roses for example.

BUT my point was that you cant really say Adam is a ****e bass player when he has played on someone of the best songs of modern times and is in the biggest band of all time* after only the Beatles and is quite clearly more thqan capable on his instrument.

For example, One, i really like the bass in that song and the point at which it comes in at the start of the second verse, and most people agree that its a good song.

The End of the World-another cracking tune, and a great rythm section.

Do You Feel Loved-quality bass. I could carry on but i wont.

(*no one start going on about Spice Girls etc etc please, and the very least U2 deserve a bit of respect for wat they have achieved)

My most competitive football lately was with young lads in the local park last thursday night. I hadn't boots so ended up playing in goals in a 9 aside game. Inevitably it went to a "Next goal wins" scenario as we wanted to get home for the football on telly (and young lads probably had to be home for their tea) Cue me putting in a Jerzy Dudek extra time chamions league final performance. Must have saved about 3 point blank shots and turned over 2 other shots from close enough range. Physically dont know how i done it. They were all eager for me to come back and play again....I'm afraid I peaked way too soon!!

pedobear.gif

wat the **** is that?!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

pedobear :D

I meant peaked regarding my performance in goals, not peaking at the young lads!!

In fairness they were all over 16.......so its ok to fancy them right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

I meant peaked regarding my performance in goals, not peaking at the young lads!!

Tell it to the judge you Garry Glitter wannabe!!!!! ;)

Rain rain go away....come back another day.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement