Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

:eek:

What the ****? Penis? What the hell would fingers have anything to do with the size of someones penis.

Jesus...get that head sorted.

You still haven't explained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Bruce Springsteen-Thunder Road
    Acoustic Guitar

Piano

E-Street Band

Coolest man in music. No question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Pffftt....Sure whats so great about that? Didnt I just show you how to do that without a harmonica??:confused::confused::confused:

.....???

emmmm, no?

Mr Alan wrote: »
    .....???

emmmm, no?

Dam I was just trying to get a reaction out of you.....feck! Did you watch the tom morello video I posted? Bruce is a legend though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

wtf.

Alan, your older woman fetish is slightly disturbing now.

Mystic Meg ffs.

Ah i was joking :)

Ah i was joking :)

Were you?

Were you really?

Bonfire night. /\

yep i was.

although Helen Mirren.....hmmmmm :D

Gucci: that Morello stuff is cool

• Advertisement

Do you like Rage Against The Machine?

Amazing band.

yep i was.

although Helen Mirren.....hmmmmm :D

see...you dont need a harmonica....the electric guitar causes way less drool!
    Tom Morello does some great things with pedals and effects in fairness to him.

TBH i havent really ever listened to them.Might be a little heavy for my tastes....but

Recommend an album and I'll buy it.....

TBH i havent really ever listened to them.Might be a little heavy for my tastes....but

This one, self titled.

Man, what an album

Actually.

Do you like any early-mid 90s rock?

Nirvana? Pearl Jam?

If you were gonna recommend a RATM album, then it has to be the debut self titled, however if you find that heavy, then get renegades of funk, essentially an album of covers , but its really funky and melodic, and is probably the least heavy. Covers Bob Dylan, MC5 and few others.

^^

That one too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

DesF wrote: »

Nirvana? Pearl Jam?

My favourite band in that mould are Alice In Chains. They've a new singer as well, and he's not half bad.

My favourite band in that mould are Alice In Chains. They've a new singer as well, and he's not half bad.

Wasn't relly a fan, my flat mate loves them though.

Here, what's the craic with an "n" not an "m"?

Nirvana? Pearl Jam?

not really, dont mind it but not mad into it...never really into it during the ninties either, although i may have been a little young,but i like a lot of other music that is hardly "my generation"

• Advertisement

not really, dont mind it but not mad into it...never really into it during the ninties either, although i may have been a little young,but i like a lot of other music that is hardly "my generation"

You mentioned The Stone Roses earlier. Fantastic.

The Who?

Here, what's the craic with an "n" not an "m"?

It's from the movie Evil Dead (and actually, a lot of old folklore). It means "Book of the Dead". When I registered I mis-spelt my name, bugged me for ages.

Great movie though!

They cover The Boss on "Renegade", we have a winner :cool:

You mentioned The Stone Roses earlier. Fantastic.

The Who?

Not mad into the who, like some of their stuff, but dont like a lot of it.

Stone Roses are funny one, cause i have never been into them but over the last couple of years have really started to appreciate them. Them being ****e live though will stop me giving them massive praise, a singer who was unable to sing in key at the time prevented them from being really great imo.

They cover The Boss on "Renegade", we have a winner :cool:

D'oh missed that one! Actually didnt realise it was a Springsteen cover til you mentioned it!
    Alice in Chains +1.
    Wish they were still the original line up.Loved the harmonies and stuff they done. Seen them with the new guy, forget his name, was pretty good, but I'll always wish i had seen layne perform with gerry.

gucci wrote: »
    Seen them with the new guy, forget his name, was pretty good, but I'll always wish i had seen layne perform with gerry.

Definitely. Although I was very impressed when I saw them with the new singer (can't remember his name either). They've a new album out at the end of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,077 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

id be a big fan of all of that era as well, AIC, Pearl Jam (and the bits and pieces before and during like Mother Love Bone, Temple of the Dog, Mad Season), Faith No More, Stone Temple Pilots, Soundgarden. Moved on a bit to include people like Slayer, Pantera, Down etc and have since moved on to kind of melodic opera-eqsue metal (often cheesy) like BlindGuardian, Gamma Ray, Nightwish, Rhapsody (of Fire), Synphony X, Therion, Hammerfall, Iced Earth etc. Love plenty of non metal too of course.

For anyone who fancies rocking out, give this a listen;

And for something pretty cheesy, but still awesome;

And for pure excellence there's this - Among the best songs i've ever heard;

FAO Pearl Jam/Kings Of Leon fans;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Bruce Springsteen-Thunder Road
    Acoustic Guitar

Piano

E-Street Band

Coolest man in music. No question.
    One of my favourite songs. I love the piano version. Taken from the Storytellers series, I think? I remember TG4 showed it a couple of years back and I stumbled across it. I was raging I didn't know beforehand to record it. Savage song.

Yea its from Storytellers.

A Sort Of Homecoming

This is that U2 song i was talking about earlier....maybe it'll appeal to people a little more as its from before when Bono disappeared up his own arse. Really is an excellent song

This next one is from Slane in 2001. They go from "All I Want Is You" into "Where The Streets Have No Name" perfectly, Bono shows just how amazing a vocalist he really is and musically, i think both are pretty excellent.

This is actually probably my favourite concert moment of all time, either of any DVD or gig i have attended, and i have been to quite a few. I really do think its ****ing absolute magic.

Check out Larrys little drum bit on 8.50 too, the whole thing is perfect :)

I actually reckon most who watch it couldnt help but think, "wow, thats pretty ****ing good"

Also for the Bono haters out there, he gets a bottle of water thrown over him on about 3.45mins and then proceeds to threaten the thrower of it :)

something for everyone ;)

Also, this is them in Sun Studios recording "Angel Of Harlem" funny little exchange between Larry and Adam;

"Lawrence, if i had feet like yours i wouldnt want them in the film"

Larrys response?

"well if i had a head like yours, i'd bleeding bury it!"

Legends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Not mad into the who, like some of their stuff, but dont like a lot of it.

Stone Roses are funny one, cause i have never been into them but over the last couple of years have really started to appreciate them. Them being ****e live though will stop me giving them massive praise, a singer who was unable to sing in key at the time prevented them from being really great imo.

It's called getting old Al.

not sure man, i've always had quite "old" tastes, i think its more to do with that i play in a band and we were playing a few songs at a friend of mines wedding, and he wanted us to get a couple of stone roses tunes, and i really enjoyed em, cause i can sing in key :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Surely The stone roses do not suit you then, singin in key was never a particularly strong point for them.

I think they are okay, prefer when am singing to sing soings that have a bit of a tune to them that will allow a bit of improvisation when I wanna try a few things out :)

nah, vocally, the stone roses are alright on record, its only live that Brown flies all over the shop.

seen him solo a few times and he is better now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Peral jam > all
    End of discussion.

Id have Eddie Vedders kids if i had a womb!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'm the exact same. Although I honestly don't think I would ever be able to play even if I put the effort in just doesn't seem to be in my blood. Complete opposite to my Dad who can literally pick up any instrument and have a tune coming out of it within five minutes. My Brother is musically inclined too, just doesn't seem to be in me.

What ya think can anyone play the guitar?

Most definitely. If you sit down for a couple of hours for a few weeks then anyone can at least learn the basic seven chords (well, 'b' might be a bit difficult).

I got about 6 lessons when I was 15 and the rest was self taught.
    Do you like Rage Against The Machine?

Amazing band.

Best band I've ever seen live, and that includes Muse. Second row from the front of the pit. Crazy.

FAO Pearl Jam/Kings Of Leon fans;

I was there!!!!!!!!!

It actually wasnt that good, sorry to spoil it for ya! (Well I was no way impressed by KOL that day, freaking Bass drum on their kit ruined the sound of the whole band. that was all you could freaking hear!!

Joshua Homme from Queens of Stone age came out onstage with Pearl Jam for about 30 seconds of Baba O'Reilly, which was pretty cool too, but him and eddie vedder were pretty "rocked out" by that stage.......must have been the belgian beer i guess!

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Best band I've ever seen live, and that includes Muse. Second row from the front of the pit. Crazy.

I whole heartedly +1 to that suggestion!
    Although I waited about 14years to see them, so I guess I would have been easily impressed! But they were fricking awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

So today I depart for Dublin again cos I'm flying to Amsterdam tomorrow. F*ck yeah. I'm gonna get wrecked :D

• Advertisement

Bebo stalker mode : On smilie_ninja.gif

Guess who I found.

:D

i know! i know! i know!

Steve Staunton?

Madeleine McCann?

gucci wrote: »
    Madeleine McCann?

lol

lol

So I wasn't right then? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

i know! i know! i know!

care to share?

I want the person to discover for him/herself, then post here.

Wait it out.

Not having a bebo, I rule myself out.

• Advertisement

I have one, but am ruling myself out also ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement