Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Yes, yes it is wrong, perhaps an operation can fix that.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Their latest album sounds poxy.

The others are okay. Liked em more when I was younger tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I may take you up on that my friend! ;)

is it wrong to really like some of Coldplays stuff?

all cracking tunes, really like their new Violet Hill one too.

Mr Alan, i appreciate your musical views and the depts of your emotions, but i seriously think it's time for you to get into the absolute legend that is Tom Waits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

is it wrong to really like some of Coldplays stuff?

It is only acceptable to like Don't Panic, Yellow, The Scientist and Clocks.

Otherwise go listen to Oasis you Puff

That's deep, man.

• Advertisement

In fairness, Coldplay have got progressively ****!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Bubs101 wrote: »

thanks for clearing that up for me :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Dont forget Shiver, quality tune.

Prefer White Shadows myself. Anyone listen to Gyroscope?

I do unashamedly love The Scientist!!!

• Advertisement

just listened to Snakeskin, not really my cup of tea, some headband on one of the lads in teh video too :)

Em, no! Who are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I wrote a song
    I wrote a song for you
    Sounds like everything else we do.
    and it was all bland......

I really don't like that boring brutish pop stuff.

I scored on my first senior game of the season last week :), then in the second game I made three assists and hit the goalframes on every side :(. I've been playing in co-ed leagues up until now and I never realized how much less physical the game is when guys play with the girls.

I also had my team physio-fitness appointment and I'm now at 9% body fat.
    :D

p.s.
    I have no cronies.

stop with all the ****ing bragging about football?!! this is the Off topic thread! I'll have to report ye all!

and PSI, you have plentys of cronies i'd imagine.

Coldplay have an ability to write excellent songs that not many bands have imo, see for example the Scientist, or this one below, beautiful song....

ps-i have the same guitar as he is playing in this :cool:

Holy ****! That's horrifically bad! That sounds like MCR if they were to last beyond their natural progression.

During all that talk last night about Morello and the ninties grunge/rock bands, i forget to mention the coming together of two former greats in Audioslave, who i actually do quite like, their first album anyway.

good tune.

Cornell is some ****ing singer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

good night.

stop with all the ****ing bragging about football?!! this is the Off topic thread! I'll have to report ye all!

and PSI, you have plentys of cronies i'd imagine.

Coldplay have an ability to write excellent songs that not many bands have imo, see for example the Scientist, or this one below, beautiful song....

I think you will find I was only half bragging. And the most important part of the post is the fact I can now fit into everything I've owned since I was 16.

I have no cronies nor do I want any. I have two family members on boards, but I seriously doubt they would be my cronies online when they barely agree with me in Real Life (tm).

Coldplay suck. Big Time. That is an offical soccer forum policy. Don't make me put it in the charter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Sherifu banned.

- Psi

• Advertisement

ok apologies Ms Psi, in that instance, i'll say goodnight and leave you all with something pretty to listen to;

greatest songwriter of our generation?imo almost certainly

music starts at 1 minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

During all that talk last night about Morello and the ninties grunge/rock bands, i forget to mention the coming together of two former greats in Audioslave, who i actually do quite like, their first album anyway.

good tune.

If you like Cornell you should check this out

Its Temple of The Dog. A band essentially comprising of the members of Pearl Jam(currently) and Cornell, don't actually have their album but that song kicks ass.

And how about some more Eddie Vedder with the Boss for the craic

eddie vedder is a good singer, but he really pissed me off before so we are no longer on speaking terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

How so? The pissing off i mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I'm butting in here a bit but i feel i should tell you all to go listen to The National.
    Ye probably have but...
    Secret Meeting is one song that stops me in my tracks everytime i hear it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Damn straight, though I do like 'Shiver' and 'Everything's Not Lost' as well.

YES!!!! Finally someone knows who they are! I posted a thread on them in the music forum and it got zero replies. Their latest album is class.

+1 on The National too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

it doesnt need to catch on, its caught on with me. so i'll continue using it.

el cucho, dont be so hard on your bebo, its grand, you're a little too into GTA and your musical tastes may leave a lot to be desired, but apart from that you're laughing.

Sherifu...:rolleyes: :D

El Cucho it is, and how it will remian. Cheers Alan, but don't be dissing Avril Lavinge, Frank Sinatra or any other of the various artists I list....capiche.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,077 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

PSI wrote: »
    I think you will find I was only half bragging. And the most important part of the post is the fact I can now fit into everything I've owned since I was 16.

fair fcks to ya psi!

Cant wait to get back playing football when I get back to Cork on Saturday. Haven't kicked a ball in 3 months, been having dreams about it and everything! Was doin' well before i left and all, so hoping i've not lost my mojo with all this snowboard-tomfoolery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

good tune.

I used to love Soundgarden,(and obviously RATM as mentioned before) and i loved Audioslaves first album, seen them live just after they released it and it was an awesome gig. But they never really progressed as a band, and it looked like they were just in it for the cash and not a long term deal to be honest, especially when they didnt tour with their 2nd or 3rd album (forget which!)

eddie vedder is a good singer, but he really pissed me off before so we are no longer on speaking terms.

Is he really a good singer though? Pearl jam are great, and they have an great sound, but how many of his songs have you had to listen to about 29 times before you understood a few lines of it? Far be it for me to critisise the man, but some of his singing is very muffly, which is obviously his style. I focking love Corduroy and Alive, ah feck if i started listing off songs id be here for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Liked em more when I was younger tho.
    What? How much younger? You only look about 20
    I scored on my first senior game of the season last week :), then in the second game I made three assists and hit the goalframes on every side :(.
    In a game of soccerball was it?

Your offense would seem to be pretty good so.
    I have no cronies.
    rofl.
    Coldplay suck. Big Time. That is an offical soccer forum policy. Don't make me put it in the charter.
    Please do.
    Sherifu wrote: »
    Sherifu banned.

- Psi
    lawl.
    El Cucho it is, and how it will remian.
    It's going to be Estie. Now and forever.
    gucci wrote: »
    I used to love Soundgarden,(and obviously RATM as mentioned before) and i loved Audioslaves first album, seen them live just after they released it and it was an awesome gig. But they never really progressed as a band, and it looked like they were just in it for the cash and not a long term deal to be honest, especially when they didnt tour with their 2nd or 3rd album (forget which!)

I agree with this.

Mornign people!

DesF wrote: »

Every one of them scored in the upper 90!

Morning

How rude of me....good morning!

Soccer-ball, LOL.....Did you make some offensive formation plays to get the target ball into the line of scrimmage.....ok im not capable of adding to this joke, obviously!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Morning all.. Most important thing about Soccerball is to have a good hussle. ;)

Do women football teams shower together the same way men do? Like in one open area with a couple of shower heads.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Do women football teams shower together the same way men do? Like in one open area with a couple of shower heads.

Apparently not. I asked this question of two housemates in college who played on the football team. They said that in some circumstances there is communal showering but even this can be ruined by some fridgid women wearing togs into the shower..

• Advertisement

ibh wrote: »
    Apparently not. I asked this question of two housemates in college who played on the football team. They said that in some circumstances there is communal showering but even this can be ruined by some fridgid women wearing togs into the shower..

:eek: I refuse to believe that

Looking for a bit of imagination material before hitting the bed there Xavi? Obviously they shower together, taking turns to wash each others chests in a slow sensual way........
    most of them wear their kit to the shower from my investigations (asking girls....i didnt set up camp in the ceiling with a camera, honest!)

:eek: I refuse to believe that

Sorry but i only deal in the truth.. Much as it hurts at times..

Yeah and from what they tell me, the ones that shed their kit for the showers are mostly the ones that would look far better with a boiler suit and welding mask on.

Yeah and from what they tell me, the ones that shed their kit for the showers are mostly the ones that would look far better with a boiler suit and welding mask on.

Kinky.

• Advertisement

+1

I got sick a little bit in my mouth when i was told who the main naked showerer was on my flatmates team was.

+1

I got sick a little bit in my mouth when i was told who the main naked showerer was on my flatmates team was.

Did they go the full-hog and describe how hairy it was? because thats what i had to listen to.........ah every team needs a big hairy centre half who will put their head where it hurts i guess!

Lads, leave it out with the sexism there.

What? How much younger? You only look about 20
    I'm 31.
    YES!!!! Finally someone knows who they are! I posted a thread on them in the music forum and it got zero replies. Their latest album is class.

+1 on The National too.
    heh I think it may well have been your thread that introduced me to them, I can't remember how I heard em and I wouldn't exactly be clued in to Australian music so...

Their new album is great alright although it was Beware Wolf that made me stop and actually give their stuff a proper once over.

I'm 31.

No chance.

Oh not this again. What is it you guys call it "the uprights"? wow, big difference!

I've heard assist used in the EPL.

Yeah, our offense isn't bad, when we have the ball we control the plays pretty well :)
    rofl.
    I may have acoyltes or maybe even disciples, but no cronies.
    lawl.
    He's not really banned.
    Xavi wrote:

Not in the States. My team's sports clubhouse have benches in the locker room shower cubicles and full length stained glass doors. In fact, we have waterproof lockers in there too so we can bring our clothing into the shower and change (we also have an automated cleat cleaner, which is really awesome).

I do find it amusing that many of the girls who are shy in the locker room go naked in the sauna.

(we also have an automated cleat cleaner, which is really awesome).
    Sorry, a what?

And it's what?
    I do find it amusing that many of the girls who are shy in the locker room go naked in the sauna.

pogtfo

Cleats = Footie Boots

Cleats = Footie Boots

Dammit!

Sorry, a what?
    cleats? you know, the shoes you wear for soccer? The parts that grip the grass? spikes or studs??

We have a machine that automatically cleans them.
    And it's what?
    huh?
    pogtfo

?? is that gaelic?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement