Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Mr Alan wrote: »
    on the bebo boards soccer thing, who the **** is who?

i know who Des,the two neils,alan murphy(that one was tough) and bryan are.

but who is....damo,barry and mark?

and why oh why hasnt El Cucho joined?!

Am I one of those or is there 3 neils now.

Also - hello folks. Just back from a nice relaxing weekend which included a Linkin Park concert, a trip to the Guinness storehouse and marking 26 years on this planet with a few lovely pints of zlaty bazant in the Czech Inn - thought I'd see what all the fuss was about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Tis MrJoeSoap

thanks. cant remember if he is on my friends or enemies list ;)

Am I one of those or is there 3 neils now.

there is only two neils there? xavi and neil1984

No, there's 3. I'm Neil.

EDIT-Scratch that. I see you're talking about some unknown (to me) bebo page. I'm sure there are only 2 neil's there.

I thought you meant in general on these forums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Three Neils? Feckin hell. I never knew another one til I went to college and there were 5 of us in the one class.

oh and Playa; the reason that me and mr vedder had a falling out was that he handed out quite a public bashing of Counting Crows some time ago after CCs appeared in a coke commercial. artier than arty mr vedder didnt approve.

tosser.

Neil; there is definately only 2 neils when i look at it!

No, there's 3. I'm Neil.

I think you'll find that I'M Neil. You can be Neil2 or something :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

No, there's 3. I'm Neil.

There's only 2 neils in the group, and neither is you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Getting a distinct impression of a bum buddy setup here.

Sherifu wrote: »
    Getting a distinct impression of a bum buddy setup here.

Jealous much?

• Advertisement

DesF wrote: »
    Jealous much?
    Since I don't have a bebo, no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,077 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I'm Neil, and so's my wife

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

I'm Neil, sorry I mean Barry....Thought Xavi might recognise my name since I'm currently beating him in Fantasy AFL :p

gucci wrote: »
    I'm Neil, sorry I mean Barry....Thought Xavi might recognise my name since I'm currently beating him in Fantasy AFL :p

Oh I know who you are alright, hence the no bebo add! :p

Dont worry...you'll probably overtake me next week! I'm a bit like city going for fourth...il surely die off in the second half of the season.....oh thats right, I went there :p

Dont worry...you'll probably overtake me next week! I'm a bit like city going for fourth...il surely die off in the second half of the season.....oh thats right, I went there :p

Just kicked you out of the fantasy league. I'm the league administrator so feel my wrath! Up one spot in the league, oh yeah! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I just made my first online friend.:o

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Just kicked you out of the fantasy league. I'm the league administrator so feel my wrath! Up one spot in the league, oh yeah! :cool:

What? Flaming Nora, I'm gonna have to get Alf Stewart to call a town meeting down the surf club to decide what were gonna do about this!! :p

There's only 2 neils in the group, and neither is you.

If you check my post I did edit it upon realising my mistake.

Thought he was speaking about the soccer forum regulars in general.

Xavi - Since I was maybe on the planet first (26 years and 1 Day) I reckon I should be Neil and you should be Neil2. Unless of course you've been about longer.

• Advertisement

If you check my post I did edit it upon realising my mistake.

Thought he was speaking about the soccer forum regulars in general.

Xavi - Since I was maybe on the planet first (26 years and 1 Day) I reckon I should be Neil and you should be Neil2. Unless of course you've been about longer.

Pfft age is only a number, it's all about join date!

Pah. Where's that person who's sig says "You are not your join date, you are not your postcount..."etc. etc.

Besides - NOW there are 3 neil's. Clarifcation will not be necessary.

Did someone say Neil?!!

Did someone say Neil?!!

Níl.

Níl.

Mad into the cupla focal today desmond

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Mad into the cupla focal today desmond

Actually, I didn't even cop that.

Is amadán mise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Whats the story with a bebo page for Soccer forum??

Training a new guy to take over my job when I leave. Severely restricting my Boards viewing pleasure.
    Have to train him till 4th July.. Total pain in the arse, although he's good craic and I don't need to teach him how to lie (it's essential for the job) as he is already quite proficient in that activity.
    He did however dis my Youtube playlist so he scored some negative marks for saying Rilo Kiley and Modest Mouse were shite..

How does one make a YouTube playlist?

http://www.ehow.com/how_2031098_watch-list-youtube.html

When you listen to a song just click on add to playlist under the vid display.
    I use it for music at work cause no radio and MP3 player would be frowned upon. I have my own office so no worries about playing music most the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I am a big fan of george carlin but bill hicks was much better.

• Advertisement

ibh wrote: »
    Whats the story with a bebo page for Soccer forum??

http://www.bebo.com/boardsiesoccer

and modest mouse are ****e.

ice cream van came down to the end of the road today :D me and my friend kate went down. most productive thing i've done all day.

now i'm going for a game of pro evo with my little bro.

great day.

http://www.bebo.com/boardsiesoccer

and modest mouse are ****e.

ice cream van came down to the end of the road today :D me and my friend kate went down. most productive thing i've done all day.

now i'm going for a game of pro evo with my little bro.

great day.

You are wrong. That is all.

Oh yea, mmmmn ice-cream. Stopping for a 99 on the way home now..

modest mouse are unbelievably good

i could live on them, arcade fire, sufjan stevens, of montreal and sigur ros alone
    i would not need anything else.

I like what i've heard of Modest Mouse.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Uggggggggggghhhhhhhh, I've drunk too much coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I am suffering from the same malady.

im suffering from too much rain myself. Its like the fukin apocalypse here! Hailstones the size of rocks, spent twenty minutes huddled with about 10 people under a chippes canopy

How do i make the youtube link in my signature not appear as a youtube link, and appear as a sentence.....eg i want it to read "Spirit Of Shankly", then when you click on it it brings you to the youtube link.

any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTfpn_xsKhE"]Spirit of Shankly[/URL

Like that only with the open square bracket and close square bracket at each end.

can't think of the code off the top of my head, am in a bus, but if you make a reply to a message, type the phrase, paint it, click the handy link button and put in the link, then copy the whole lot and paste into your sig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

How do i make the youtube link in my signature not appear as a youtube link, and appear as a sentence.....eg i want it to read "Spirit Of Shankly", then when you click on it it brings you to the youtube link.

any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

I would imagine that you just put it in as a web page link, this gives you the option to add text.

See, this works.

Just quote my post and you will see how it should appear. Then just a matter of copy and paste for the sig.

Modest Mouse arent bad, bringing Johnny Marr on board helped their cause no end, they have some catchy lyrics and riffs.

Anyone ever listen to the National? I'm going to see them on Monday night, and honest to jesus, I havent a clue what to expect, i just youtubed them and this came up:

Hope their not a full Interpol photo copy!
    Not gonna get much chance to brush up on them....just need to know if their worth brushing up on! Its a bit different than what I have spent the last few months listening too!!

were there so many john lennon look-a-likes during his liefetime?

were there so many john lennon look-a-likes during his liefetime?

Ah ****e....i have me 2months of beard grown now...hope it dosent look like I'm copying Lennon and/or the guy from the band!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

riffs.

Anyone ever listen to the National? I'm going to see them on Monday night, and honest to jesus, I havent a clue what to expect, i just youtubed them and this came up:

OOh, the National are fantastic and I'm pretty sure if Xavi is awake he'll second that. The Boxer was definitely one of the greatest albums of last year and the one before that was pretty damn good to. From what I heard about there live performances they live up to their billing, but if I were you I'd familiarise yourself first and (legally) download the Boxer. There's a thread on it in the Alt and Indie forum detailing it's brilliance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I would imagine that you just put it in as a web page link, this gives you the option to add text.

See, this works.

Just quote my post and you will see how it should appear. Then just a matter of copy and paste for the sig.
    Charlie is right. Just highlight "Spirit of Shankly" in your sig (via CP) and then click on the 'insert link' icon (under the paper clip icon) and insert the full youtube addy there. That's it.
    Oh, I see you have it now. :)

Thanks lads, got it sorted now.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    OOh, the National are fantastic and I'm pretty sure if Xavi is awake he'll second that. The Boxer was definitely one of the greatest albums of last year and the one before that was pretty damn good to. From what I heard about there live performances they live up to their billing, but if I were you I'd familiarise yourself first and (legally) download the Boxer. There's a thread on it in the Alt and Indie forum detailing it's brilliance

Cheers, il give it a go, will try and get it tomorrow, as i said before, i dont really listen to alt and indie music that much lately, so it will be a bit of a come down from the heavy metal i have been throwing in my earholes lately!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Modest Mouse arent bad, bringing Johnny Marr on board helped their cause no end, they have some catchy lyrics and riffs.

Hope their not a full Interpol photo copy!
    Not gonna get much chance to brush up on them....just need to know if their worth brushing up on! Its a bit different than what I have spent the last few months listening too!!

The National are one of my favourite bands. Pure quality and brilliant live. Where are you seeing them??

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »

Indeed I will second that. Absolutely great album and band. As soon as I heard 'Fake Empire' I knew I was onto a winner.

As for Modest Mouse, 'Float On' is quite possibly the catchiest and collest song of the 2000s so far. Another great band.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement