Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

gucci wrote: »
    Modest Mouse arent bad, bringing Johnny Marr on board helped their cause no end, they have some catchy lyrics and riffs.

Anyone ever listen to the National? I'm going to see them on Monday night, and honest to jesus, I havent a clue what to expect, i just youtubed them and this came up:

Hope their not a full Interpol photo copy!
    Not gonna get much chance to brush up on them....just need to know if their worth brushing up on! Its a bit different than what I have spent the last few months listening too!!

Thats weird i recommended the national a few pages back. They are class. You tube secret meeting its unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Xavi6 wrote: »
    As for Modest Mouse, 'Float On' is quite possibly the catchiest and collest song of the 2000s so far. Another great band.

Aye. When I was in Vancuver two years ago, there was a club that we went to every wednesday night that would play that as the closing song fro the night.

The memories of the brotherhood come back pulling on my heart strings every tie I hear it played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

the royal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

OK, seeing as noone will go see the movies I want to see.

Which is better?

The Happening or The Hulk? I like Ed Norton but I can't see myself liking that movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

PSI wrote: »

Which is better?

The Happening or The Hulk? I like Ed Norton but I can't see myself liking that movie.

Well, you can count on The Happening having a twist with dead people or werewolves or something like all his other movies. I've heard nothing but good reviews about The Hulk, but I think I'm still to scarred from the Ang Lee version to go see it.

Personally I'd go with neither and go see 'Teeth' instead. I mean, just read this synopsis. How can you lose?
    High school student Dawn works hard at suppressing her budding sexuality by being the local chastity group's most active participant. Her task is made even more difficult by her bad boy stepbrother Brad's increasingly provocative behavior at home. A stranger to her own body, innocent Dawn discovers she has a toothed vagina when she becomes the object of violence. As she struggles to comprehend her anatomical uniqueness, Dawn experiences both the pitfalls and the power of being a living example of the vagina dentata myth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'll go with ya :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

monkey9 wrote: »
    The National are one of my favourite bands. Pure quality and brilliant live. Where are you seeing them??

Going to see them in Birmingham Academy.....my name is at the door courtesy of knowing someone who knows someone ;)
    Thats weird i recommended the national a few pages back. They are class. You tube secret meeting its unreal.

Cheers, cant listen to youtube at work (usually cant even watch it!) but il pretty much be spending the weekend online listening to them! I probably know them, just didn't realise who they are..........*im not getting old and dont know what the kids are listening to*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Tell that bloke who was trying to cop a feel the other night to go with you. Lure him with false promises of boobage.
    Which is better?

The only "superhero" films I like are the Superman ones from the 80s and Batman, I'm dying for The Dark Knight to come out.

So, The Happening.

Also, wtf is an actor like Norton doing in a film like The Hulk anyway? He's better than that.

DesF wrote: »
    Also, wtf is an actor like Norton doing in a film like The Hulk anyway? He's better than that.

My sentiments exactly. The Hulk has to be one of the shittiest superheroes ever. It'll never look real if they keep computer generating it. Use a human hulk, some massive fucker. At least then it might be a little realistic.

My sentiments exactly. The Hulk has to be one of the shittiest superheroes ever. It'll never look real if they keep computer generating it. Use a human hulk, some massive fucker. At least then it might be a little realistic.
    You mean like use two actors?

One to play David Banner and one to play The HULK

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Its all part of the new 'serious actor in a superhero role' a la Christian Bale, Robert Downey Jr and now Ed Norton.

Its mostly because Marvel produce their own movies now instead of just selling the rights to other studios who fill it with small, unknown actors to save pennies.

Yeah sure why not? I'd say with all that computer technology shit they could work it so their faces look quite similar.

Yeah sure why not? I'd say with all that computer technology shit they could work it so their faces look quite similar.

Only problem is they would probably get someone like The Rock to play the hulk then....and that would completely blow the whole "serious actor in a superhero role" thing.

Cant wait for the Dark Knight either. Not sure if il get to see Hulk, Iron Man was good though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Which is better?

The Hulk is great. Didn't see The Happening yet.

The reviews for the happening aren't great at all. Most saying its his worst yet.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10007985-happening/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Michelle, ma belle
    Sont les mots qui vont tres bien ensemble
    Tres bien ensemble

The Hulk looks decent enough. Ed Norton, you cant really go wrong.

The Happening looks ****.

I can't believe PSI didn't accept your invitation Xavi.

Good morning.

The Happening....Mark Wahlberg, theres enough reason not to pay into the cinema anyways.

The Happening....Mark Wahlberg, theres enough reason not to pay into the cinema anyways.

U take that back. Mark Wahlberg is a god damned legend!

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Michelle, ma belle
    Sont les mots qui vont tres bien ensemble
    Tres bien ensemble

The Hulk looks decent enough. Ed Norton, you cant really go wrong.

The Happening looks ****.

I can't believe PSI didn't accept your invitation Xavi.

Good morning.

The Hulk is very good, went to see it last weekend in Belfast (the rain was too much for me)...Ed Norton is always solid. Id be a fan of the Hulk anyway though!!

The Happening...well mark Wahlberg is in it so worth a viewing Id imagine.

U take that back. Mark Wahlberg is a god damned legend!

Maybe..........when he was in New Kids on the Block! His agent is a legend for getting so many roles i tells ya :cool:

• Advertisement

The reviews for the happening aren't great at all. Most saying its his worst yet.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10007985-happening/
    Not that surprised. He has being going downhill.

My sentiments exactly. The Hulk has to be one of the shittiest superheroes ever.

Why dont u say that to his face! He'll get all angry and grow 6 feet and kick your ass!!

The Hulk/Batman (cant wait for the new one)/Spiderman/Superman, all top superheroes!

Maybe..........when he was in New Kids on the Block! His agent is a legend for getting so many roles i tells ya :cool:

And he's a legend for pulling them off.

How he didnt get an Oscar for "Best Supporting Actor" for his role in "The Departed" is beyond me. Makes a farce of the Oscars.

NKOTB.jpg

Woah-oh oh-oh-oh, Woah-oh oh-oh,
    Woah-oh oh-oh-oh, the right stuff.

First they attack the Hulk, then Mark Wahlberg, its as if Ive woken up to "The Neil Provocation Thread"!

NKOTB.jpg

Woah-oh oh-oh-oh, Woah-oh oh-oh,
    Woah-oh oh-oh-oh, the right stuff.

See he would be a legend if he had the balls to keep that hair style!! Not selling out and grooming the modern way.

Oscar for the departed? He done well, probably deserved his nomination, but the oscars are a pile of pants! Compare it to Joe Pescis winning the same thing in Goodfellas and you can see why he didnt win! (Who beat him for it anyways, out of interest?)

First they attack the Hulk, then Mark Wahlberg, its as if Ive woken up to "The Neil Provocation Thread"!
    Don't fall for it! Go for a walk :)

No, its the "The Neil 2 Provocation Thread" :Dsorry

DesF is soon to be no more. Panic!

• Advertisement

Sherifu wrote: »
    What now?

:confused: Mark Wahlberg wasn't in NKOTB

Why? Is he Changing his name or something? To "F. Dizzy Dog Bone JJ Cool Ice T" or something?

Sherifu wrote: »
    Just trimming some of the superflous baggage. Hopefully.

No, it was his brother, Donnie.

Just trimming some of the superflous baggage. Hopefully.
    Should be nae problemo.

You sure?? Check those posters on your wall again!

*edit* just checked it up...........it was his brother.....insert cat picture here!! Although in my defence he was in the band and left before they "made it"

• Advertisement

I was thinking the same thing about NKOTB but didnt wanna say, i say enough gay **** around these parts without adding "extensive knowledge of boybands" to it ;)

Mark Wahlberg is Marky Mark

Mark Wahlberg is Marky Mark

So are you gonna change your name to Dessy Des ? :)

My knowledge of boybands is unrivalled :cool: Check the thread in the LL for evidence!

So are you gonna change your name to Dessy Des ? :)

lol

no

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Here is a strange one,I need a new suit and heard about MyCustomTailor.com on the radio last week.Has anybody ever used them or know anybody who has...?

Its a bit strange buying a suit on the net.

My knowledge of boybands is unrivalled :cool:

I'm going to see Boyzone on Saturday :cool:

rival THAT!

rival THAT!

Ah jesus.............please say your working at it or something?
    Or your deaf...your deaf right?

Ah jesus.............please say your working at it or something?
    Or your deaf...your deaf right?

No he's just teh girls blouse, like u Sorry, that Neil 2 remark demanded it!

less of the bigs girls blous please Neil! ;)

rival THAT!

Dude, are you going with the same girl who you went to the cinema with that time?

You are her boyfriend, with the sex imo.

Get it sorted.

Nope i'm not going with her.

less of the big girls blous please Neil! ;)
    Yeah be nice, Al's a size 14 max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

haha

less of the bigs girls blous please Neil! ;)

I agree...off with girls blouses!
    So are you gonna come up with an excuse for boyzone?

So you have went to see Sex and the City, and now Boyzone...........?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement