Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

No excuse needed.

My kid brother liked them when he was a young lad, him and all his lady friends are going for the craic. He got me a ticket too. I'm going.

Cant wait ;)

Al ya creep

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,079 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

i hear the happening is meant to be the funniest thing ever, though i don't think its supposed to be..was runnin to make the bus earlier for my last snowboard run here. The laces of one boot got caught in the other one so i missed the bus and am at the stop with 2bloody knees. :-(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Mr Alan wrote: »
    No excuse needed.

My kid brother liked them when he was a young lad, him and all his lady friends are going for the craic. He got me a ticket too. I'm going.

Cant wait ;)
    that's pedo.

My brother and his friends are between 19 and 22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    i hear the happening is meant to be the funniest thing ever, though i don't think its supposed to be..was runnin to make the bus earlier for my last snowboard run here. The laces of one boot got caught in the other one so i missed the bus and am at the stop with 2bloody knees. :-(

That's what you get for wearing a skirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,079 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

heh, though it is showing up my decision to wear shorts to be a bad one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

...and we're back.

• Advertisement

i missed you all :)

Jesus that was tough, I actually had to do some work......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Hey Alan, you should go to this too :D
    I'm sure you could convince someone to get a ticket for you so you would be able to go along and not make it look like your idea!

i'll look into it Gucci ;)

Al, this is just for u who claimed the bass is a boring instrument. Stu Hamm, best knows to the masses as Joe Satriani's (who?!!!) bassist and he's class. Watch till the end as it starts out slow.

I spent a long time learning this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

the royal?

Was that directed at me? No it was a club just beside the Royal called Caprice.

However, we spent every Tuesday in The Royal. My favourite spot in downtown Vancouver. You just don't get bars like that in Ireland.

• Advertisement

What's with all the hating on Marky Mark? The man is a legend. Anyone who watches Entourage will attest to his greatness.

Whilst it is true that it was his brother Donnie that was the famed member of NKOTB, Mark actually was in the band at the beginning, but being the bad boy, he rebelled against their squeaky clean image, and went solo. Marky Mark was born.

He has turned into a damn fine actor though. He got alot of praise for his work on the Departed, but personally I thought his MO was this performance :D (*caution if in work*). Serioulsy though, anyone seen 'We Own The Knight'? Pulls out a great performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Was that directed at me? No it was a club just beside the Royal called Caprice.

However, we spent every Tuesday in The Royal. My favourite spot in downtown Vancouver. You just don't get bars like that in Ireland.

Is the Royal the one with the hostel above it? Where they would have meets up with all the students on the USIT/SWAP program.

Is the Royal the one with the hostel above it? Where they would have meets up with all the students on the USIT/SWAP program.

Not sure about the Hostel part, but Yeah, I think Swap organised a fair few things there. It's the a quality joint.

Charlie Marky Mark is a hero. I agree 100% I didnt know he was in Entourage? Dont really follow TV shows much anymore, must get to watchin it.

Not sure about the Hostel part, but Yeah, I think Swap organised a fair few things there. It's the a quality joint.

Meh I didn't like it that much. I think I'm right about the hostel as Swap used that bar and we stayed in the hostel above it for two nights. We moved across from the one on the opposite side after one night, only to find a hobo in my bed the first night in the new hostel. :eek:

Luckily got moved out quickly as those hostels were terriable and it wasn't a great start to our summer.

• Advertisement

Charlie Marky Mark is a hero. I agree 100% I didnt know he was in Entourage? Dont really follow TV shows much anymore, must get to watchin it.

Best TV show ever, it's my little escape from reality.

He isn' in it (although he made a cameo) but he is the executive producer of teh show, and the whole show is based loosely on his experiences when he firts came to Hollywood. See here.

We moved across from the one on the opposite side after one night, only to find a hobo in my bed the first night in the new hostel. :eek:

That's Vancouver for you, they're bloody everywhere!

Yeah, maybe you went on an off night. The thing I learnt about Vancouver is that most decent bars and clubs only have one, maybe two, cracking nights a week. The crowd seems to rotate between them. There is no place like Coppers which will be busy any night of the week.

How did you like the place in general?

That I did not know, will be watchin it now. i was tempted to watch it before when they did an episode about Chuck Liddell but instead I just watched that one episode!!

Charlie/Alan, did yous live in Vancouver, thinking about moving over there for a year. Was meant to do it last year but something came up and had to cancel the trip. But it may be on the agenda in the future. Wat yous make of the place? Recommended?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

You can't beat a bit of John Paul Jones for a bit of bass:

That's Vancouver for you, they're bloody everywhere!

Yeah, maybe you went on an off night. The thing I learnt about Vancouver is that most decent bars and clubs only have one, maybe two, cracking nights a week. The crowd seems to rotate between them. There is no place like Coppers which will be busy any night of the week.

How did you like the place in general?

Loved it after that, even with a severe lack of money. We moved into a frat house down in UBC after that(before they built those nice new fancy ones). Some complete idiots there, typical sterotyped frat boys but one or two really cool people too.

Your right about the pubs generally one or two nights a week. Kitts Bar I think it was called was good, then there was a place that done a 70s night the commodore ballroom or something, and good Irish themed bar too. Which had a good crowd.

Some dodgy folk though, the bums were cool never caused you any trouble they just went about their business I found. It was more the em hispancis (dont want to be racist), but I had trouble with them a few times.

Bloody nose on my birthday.:(

Then their was the BC bud which was great for the nights in.

@Mr_Alan: Yeah I would recommend it. Not sure about a whole year supposed to have some very harsh weather in the winter. I only done the summer but loved it, would defo do it again, but would go back to Oz if I had the choice.

Charlie/Alan, did yous live in Vancouver, thinking about moving over there for a year. Was meant to do it last year but something came up and had to cancel the trip. But it may be on the agenda in the future. Wat yous make of the place? Recommended?

Yeah Al, lived there for the Summer, and I would highly recommended the place, favourite city I have ever been to, actually thinking about going back and doing a year there myself.

The quality of life is just far far better than anything here, and most other North American cities. Everyone is relaxed, the scenery is amazing, and you literally have everything at your feet.

You could be down on the beaches on Jets Skis at 10am, but within a couple of hours, you could be up in Whistler (where the the Winter Olympics are taking place) snowboarding.
    Loved it after that, even with a severe lack of money. We moved into a frat house down in UBC after that(before they built those nice new fancy ones). Some complete idiots there, typical sterotyped frat boys but one or two really cool people too.

Your right about the pubs generally one or two nights a week. Kitts Bar I think it was called was good, then there was a place that done a 70s night the commodore ballroom or something, and good Irish themed bar too. Which had a good crowd.

Some dodgy folk though, the bums were cool never caused you any trouble they just went about their business I found. It was more the em hispancis (dont want to be racist), but I had trouble with them a few times.

Bloody nose on my birthday.:(

Then their was the BC bud which was great for the nights in.

@Mr_Alan: Yeah I would recommend it. Not sure about a whole year supposed to have some very harsh weather in the winter. I only done the summer but loved it, would defo do it again, but would go back to Oz if I had the choice.

Stayed in UBC myself, but I was lucky enough to get a gaf of our own with my mates. After heading up there for a few parties, I could safely say I would tear my hair out living with some of those douches in the Frats.

Usually went to a place called Buffalo on Sundays, then Stone Temple on Mondays (and then back to a bar in Kits called Lola's), Royal on Tuesdays, Caprice on Wednesdays, take Thurday off, House party on Friday, and then somewhere random on Saturdays. The liver is still recovering, and it's been two years.

Yeah generally the bums were grand, but did you ever head down near the docks or around East Hastings? Myself and my friend had to do some work there, ad I don't think I have seen a place so decrepit and sad. It was like something out of Resident Evil.

Cheers lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Time for a nap O.o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Yeah vancouver is a great place would definitely reccommend for a year, has a great vibe altogether.

• Advertisement

Stayed in UBC myself, but I was lucky enough to get a gaf of our own with my mates. After heading up there for a few parties, I could safely say I would tear my hair out living with some of those douches in the Frats.

Some of them were bad alre. But after about a week most of them didn't like us anyway so we just ignored each other. The hated us for not really working, drinking or smoking every night, and generally for us not giving a sh*t. Some of them were cool though, some real sound lads who didn't really get on with the rest of them either and hung out with us more.

Their parties always sucked so we went over to other houses a fair bit.

We stayed in the worst frat house and by worst I mean the most hated on campus.
    Usually went to a place called Buffalo on Sundays, then Stone Temple on Mondays (and then back to a bar in Kits called Lola's), Royal on Tuesdays, Caprice on Wednesdays, take Thurday off, House party on Friday, and then somewhere random on Saturdays. The liver is still recovering, and it's been two years.

Yeah went to Stone temple a few times, Royal a couple, dont think we went to Caprice. Cant really remember at this stage, it was the summer of 03 for me so 5 years ago. You must have been doing alre money wise to go out that many times a week, most we managed was three times due to money. The rest would be smoking or drinking at home. Only worked as a telemarketer for about one and a half weeks at the start and then about a month at the end in a supermarket. Low low times.

Some of them were bad alre. But after about a week most of them didn't like us anyway so we just ignored each other. The hated us for not really working, drinking or smoking every night, and generally for us not giving a sh*t. Some of them were cool though, some real sound lads who didn't really get on with the rest of them either and hung out with us more.

Their parties always sucked so we went over to other houses a fair bit.

We stayed in the worst frat house and by worst I mean the most hated on campus.
    Yeah generally the bums were grand, but did you ever head down near the docks or around East Hastings? Myself and my friend had to do some work there, ad I don't think I have seen a place so decrepit and sad. It was like something out of Resident Evil.

Dont think I went to East Hastings or the Docks. Yeah the were having hard times when we were there. Bad economy and what not. Still though you have those areas in every city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Yeah vancouver is a great place would definitely reccommend for a year, has a great vibe altogether.

obviously you should have stayed a bit longer so to get some more of the "great" vibe to rub off on you ;)

obviously you should have stayed a bit longer so to get some more of the "great" vibe to rub off on you ;)

The frat guys must have rubbed off on him.

So many innuendos can be made from that sentence

Right off I'm off for another pointless boring meeting for the day. Have to drive an hour to get to it too.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

our bebo stalking the other day ended in the most boring friend story ever for me and Mr. Alan........for shame

what did i put in?

kryogen wrote: »
    our bebo stalking the other day ended in the most boring friend story ever for me and Mr. Alan........for shame

Whereas mine and Des' is one of the funniest ones I have!

Marcus Miller is also a great bassist.

what did i put in?

i put in the usual we dated and all that ****, but backed it up with a heart felt story of love....then you changed it. so now it just says, stop being weird....

i was bored into clicking save! damn liverpool fans with no imaginations!

• Advertisement

i put in the usual we dated and all that **** i was bored into clicking save! damn liverpool fans with no imaginations!

And i'm the one with no imagination?

How many of your bebo friends have "stop being weird" in as the friend story?

See, we're unique.

And Liverpool fans set trends, we dont follow them :cool:

i put in the usual we dated and all that ****, but backed it up with a heart felt story of love....then you changed it. so now it just says, stop being weird....

i was bored into clicking save! damn liverpool fans with no imaginations!

Jaysus Al! If u take those friend story things seriously then u have problemos!

PS kryogen, Ill friend story u later on!

See, we're unique.

Yea u really tho, no other club goes on about history as much as u guys do.....trendsetters!! :cool::eek:;):D:p

Jaysus Al! If u take those friend story things seriously then u have problemos!

Neil, did you not see Thrillas post earlier in the European Team of the tournament thread? The internet is no place for messing around!

Tis very serious!

Plus if i didnt take my friend stories seriously, Des would never have found you in my friend list! ;)

See, we're unique.

ah now your quoting me out of context and para phrasing! damn hack journo!!

i said i put the usual **** in, but then i put some effort into a heart felt tale of love! and heart break lol

you cant be taking a friend story so seriously Al mate!

ill look forward to it, ill have to check your one with des actually, thats twice you have mentioned it now! haha

• Advertisement

Yea u really tho, no other club goes on about history as much as u guys do.....trendsetters!! :cool::eek:;):D:p

Emmmmm wats going on about history got to do with setting trends?

weirdo you are.

i just saw your brother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Does history not actually set trends?

weirdo you are.

i just saw your brother.

Its trendy to give everyone u meet a history lesson!! I knwo the history of Liverpool FC all too well at this stage! :D

I am very weird, you're only scratching the surface!!

Yea he's back for round 2 in there! Hope he's not dossin his way thru the days as usual no?!

emmmmm....no, history is history.

trends i would deem the action of one person or group of people which is then copied by others until it becomes considered almost the norm.

see for example the use of ring of fire in football grounds after 2004-2005.

or saying "we dated" as the friend story in bebo.

and seven nation army after the Euros :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Neil, did you not see Thrillas post earlier in the European Team of the tournament thread? The internet is no place for messing around!

Tis very serious!

Thats twice. Where is there a "H" in my user name. tut tut tut :-). And theres havin a laugh, havin a decent discussion and then theres posting 12 1/2 posts per day. Honestly man you must live in on here, and if you've a bebo too Im guessin you live on the net? How do you get time to watch all this football ;) ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement