Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

2 Girls 1 cup.

Ummmmmm.....Chocolate Milkshake :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Feckin youtube videos :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

i feel broken. my soul hurts. stupid paddy's day. i take that back.

Alan, i'll see your 'the band' (which was awesome) and raise you a pearl jam.

its a 'misheadrd lyrics' kinda thing, so just try n ignore their hilarity and enjoy the music (was the best quality sound clip i could find..though the 'potato wave' nearly made me wet myself..). I think subway may be in order to fix me..any offers to just bring it to my house in cork, put it in my mouth and rub my throat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I'll see your pearl jam and blow you outta the water with The Boss busking ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Jesus a full Thursday to Monday on the beer.......man the dump i left in the office jacks this morning....i thought the ****in factory was gonna explode if i plugged in the kettle in the adjoining kitchen. It was sorta like that atmospheric pressure experiment in Science class in school, the walls were practically caving in in the cubicle from lack of air

• Advertisement

DesF wrote: »
    Metallica mostly.

Bit of Megadeth.
    Bit of Slayer.
    Bit of Pantera.
    Bit of King Diamond.

Good ould pantera, cant beat them with a big stick, do you ever listen to Down? Im going to see them in Birmingham in a couple of weeks, cant fricking wait, pity my hair is short for it :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

gucci wrote: »
    Jesus a full Thursday to Monday on the beer.......man the dump i left in the office jacks this morning....i thought the ****in factory was gonna explode if i plugged in the kettle in the adjoining kitchen. It was sorta like that atmospheric pressure experiment in Science class in school, the walls were practically caving in in the cubicle from lack of air

What wrong with Ray d'Arcy?

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    What wrong with Ray d'Arcy?

Thats the sort of thing that deserves its own thread...infact it does! and i have posted a number of whines in it in the past!

He's the real life owen mc-love, except hes not funny. I detest radio that involves about 30 people in a studio all talking muck and reading out text messages that are usually along the lines of
    "Ray do you know what? I just seen a yield sign on a road but it said ield instead because the Y fell off.....how mad is that?"
    Or
    "which is nicer heinz or chef ketchup?" and that will be the discussion for the day, and he will sit on the fence and not declare which one he likes.....when obviously chef is the best ;)

What radio station woud you listen to in the morning so? d'Arcy is a close second to Moncrieff in my books.

What radio station woud you listen to in the morning so? d'Arcy is a close second to Moncrieff in my books.

I dont generally listen to the radio in the mornings (well beyond the 7-30 to 8-30 getting up and driving to work routine) but Moncrieff is good enough. I dunno Ray just really gets my back up how he almost always sits on the fence.

• Advertisement

gucci wrote: »
    I dont generally listen to the radio in the mornings (well beyond the 7-30 to 8-30 getting up and driving to work routine) but Moncrieff is good enough. I dunno Ray just really gets my back up how he almost always sits on the fence.

If its fence sitting you want, theres only one man for the job! Well two, really...

Adrian and Jeremy. One agrees with a callers point, the other disagrees. The world keeps a spinnin'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

BBC Radio kicks all ass.

I wake up to Moyles, then have to endure Claire and Ger for the commute, back to Moyles then Jo Whiley in the mornings.

Then Joe Duffy if I'm in the mood, but more than likely Moncrieff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

A fairly sh*te guitar player. =P

BBC Radio kicks all ass.

I wake up to Moyles, then have to endure Claire and Ger for the commute, back to Moyles then Jo Whiley in the mornings.

Then Joe Duffy if I'm in the mood, but more than likely Moncrieff.

Cannot stand Moyles either, see I'm a narky fecker in the mornings!! So it doesn't take much to annoy me. I'm moving to England at end of the month so I'm gonna have to learn to deal with him i guess :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Xbox 360 packed it in today :(

What am I supposed to do now? Go outside pffff

Unearthly wrote: »
    Xbox 360 packed it in today :(

What am I supposed to do now? Go outside pffff

Under warranty? How long did it take to self-combust?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Under warranty? How long did it take to self-combust?

Yeah got the famous 3 red lights error so I was given the 3 years warranty. Got it Christmas 2006 and didn't play it that much, which just goes to show how shockingly produced they are.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Well the problems with the three red lights of doom were in earlier model 360's AFAIK. Some of them still knocking about. I dont think that the problem is still an ongoing one because the poor manufacturing quality at the start resulted in forcing them to extend warrantys and ship for free. Contact them and its normally about a 3 week turnaround.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Well the problems with the three red lights of doom were in earlier model 360's AFAIK. Some of them still knocking about. I dont think that the problem is still an ongoing one because the poor manufacturing quality at the start resulted in forcing them to extend warrantys and ship for free. Contact them and its normally about a 3 week turnaround.

Not just the earlier ones. There was a thread recently in the Xbox forum about failure rates, the stats are just shocking. I'm on my second one myself, and that's good compared to a lot of people.

Jaysus.
    Still though. Its worth it really. And the girlfriend never minds when the video games are off the agenda for a few weeks.

• Advertisement

anyone know if you can buy "worms 2" for the PC/XBox360 anywhere anymore????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Mr Alan wrote: »

This the one you're looking for al?

http://www.freeworldgroup.com/pcgames/worms2.html

Mr Alan wrote: »

HERE!

cheers lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

why cant i inbed img files in the soccer forum!?

ditpoker wrote: »
    why cant i inbed img files in the soccer forum!?
    Images are turned off, incase the natives get antsy about "hilarious" pictures.

Images are turned off, incase the natives get antsy about "hilarious" pictures.

thats what a i thought, didnt know you could do that... mods/boards are crazeeee! :p

ditpoker wrote: »
    mods/boards are crazeeee! :p
    I resent that tbh.

It's nothing to do with the mods, in general, or of the Soccer forum.

In fact, a Soccer mod has asked that they be turned back on.

It's the admin that are Crazy :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Boss arrived into the office this morning with a shopping bag and asks does anyone fancy some sausages. He then heads to the kitchen to cook us all a big fry up:p

Was quality. You gotta love a good fry!

• Advertisement

I resent that tbh.

It's nothing to do with the mods, in general, or of the Soccer forum.

In fact, a Soccer mod has asked that they be turned back on.

It's the admin that are Crazy :eek::pac:

sorry, didnt mean anything by it! soccer mods ftw imo... most thankless job going, and they do a great job! :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

So what's everyone's favourite sandwich?

Mine, well one of mine is: white bread, mayo, chicken (usually spicy) peppers, and cheese. Yum. Accompanied by sensation spicy crisps and cadburys turkish delight! Yum again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Wow and to think I was going to close the thread if it went 5 days with no traffic :p

The one I get from the local deli, is crab cake, cajun sauce, avocado, lettuce, tomato and egg mayo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Hard to beat a BLT, mmmm. Lightly toasted of course. PSI: for shame, give it 7 days at least :pac:

None of that mayo or grass sh*t for me. Meat and cheese all the way i.e. footlong BMT with swiss cheese and sweet chilli sauce (toasted). Mmmmmmm.

Wow and to think I was going to close the thread if it went 5 days with no traffic :p

The one I get from the local deli, is crab cake, cajun sauce, avocado, lettuce, tomato and egg mayo.

No way, it's here to stay!

And where do you live that your local deli has crab cakes? Your sandwuxh does sound like a force to be recokned with however!

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    None of that mayo or grass sh*t for me. Meat and cheese all the way i.e. footlong BMT with swiss cheese and sweet chilli sauce (toasted). Mmmmmmm.

I'll agree with you on the lettuce but mayo is the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

lordgoat wrote: »
    And where do you live that your local deli has crab cakes?

Somewhere wonderful.

Xavi6 wrote: »

Man how do you eat that sweet chili sh1t? Its absolutely foul! One of the most disgusting and fake tasting products thats absolutely being dumped on everything everywhere lately! Dont get me wrong, i love chili, just not that sauce.

Best sambo you can make is ham or bacon, with salami, cheese (irish) bit of onion and a sprinkling of tabasco.mmmmmmmmmmmm im hungry now, wish i had some salami in the house (insert salami joke here!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Kick in the balls lads, gather round and I tell ye a heartbreaking tale.

Been going out with the (ex) girlfriend for 3 years, but we broke up last week. So my first proper night on the pull in over 3 years, and I got talkin to this bird in the smoking area of one of the clubs. She was smoking hot, short blonde hair, piercing eyes - quality stuff altogether, I was shocked she was showing interest but naturally I had a few drinks down me and I was playing the cocky f*cker like. Now this bird was up front about everything - extremely suggestive ("I ride horses, but I havent ridden in a few days I need some practise tonight!"). Girls sure have come a long way in 3 years... but anyway one of my mates was chattin up her mate, and her third mate was the designated driver so the 5 of us went out to her car to go to another club. So I was Don Juanning it, giving her a neck massage in the car and everything. Got to the club, found out there was a Formal after party (like a Debs after party). Turns out she knows the bouncer, goes over to try get us in and succeeds. But the designated driver suddenly has to go, and now that me and my mate are broke, is our only way of getting home. So I get this girls number and we're gonna meet up another time. Left it a couple of days, went to text her - lo and f*cking behold, Ive taken down her number wrong and am a digit short.

Like I said....

Kick in the balls lads.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Ouch! Should have gotten her to ring you there and then.

• Advertisement

Sherifu wrote: »
    Ouch! Should have gotten her to ring you there and then.

The amount of 'should have's going through my head mate.... It wouldnt bother me if it was just a normal chick......but this girl was at least a 9, maybe a 9.5....

If she knew the bouncer then why not pop back to the club and have a word with him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Aw man that sucks! How sure are you that she didnt leave a digit out on purpose! :p

lol Im sure man, she offered her number before I even had the chance to ask. It was while I was up in Belfast - Im home now for Easter holidays but Im thinking of heading back up earlier than expected, see if I can meet her again cos God knows Im doing sweet f*ck all at home here, who knows - might even get some study done up there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Yeah go for it. Dont talk to me about study, really got to start into that tomorrow! :(

Study? Ha. Cheat notes FTW. Got me through college.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

So did Tiger win again?

Archimedes wrote: »
    lol Im sure man, she offered her number before I even had the chance to ask. It was while I was up in Belfast - Im home now for Easter holidays but Im thinking of heading back up earlier than expected, see if I can meet her again cos God knows Im doing sweet f*ck all at home here, who knows - might even get some study done up there!

That is well harsh. keep that piece of paper with her number so if you do run into her again you can say look i was a total idiot (stimpy) and i would have called...

Anyways it's late lordG is officially one year older and now needs his beauty sleeps.

And possibly one of those sandwichs mentioned earlier. and a job. definitiely a job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

ho no bets xavi6 will turn up here soon.

ho no bets xavi6 will turn up here soon.

You called? Work is rather slow today.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement