Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

any ideas for a decent film to get to watch with a bint tomorrow night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Wild Things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Mr Alan wrote: »

Yeah, this. Not sure if Xtravision will have it yet.

not sure it'd be her cup of tea

something a little more "sensible"

Charlie, put a "not safe for work (NSFW)" sign on your post, quick.

• Advertisement

not sure it'd be her cup of tea

something a little more "sensible"

Aiit. Being serious, have you seen Zodiac yet?

How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days :p

Charlie, put a "not safe for work (NSFW)" sign on your post, quick.

Tis no blue in it, it's only TMZ reporting on it's immenienty release*.

* Cue bad pun joke

seen Zodiac and How To Lose A Guy, both good.

but maybe Stranger Than Fiction, i've seen it before, but its a cracking little movie, she'd probably like it

Al, you failed to see my little joke with the How To Lose A Guy suggestion. Disappointing.

• Advertisement

seen Zodiac and How To Lose A Guy, both good.

but maybe Stranger Than Fiction, i've seen it before, but its a cracking little movie, she'd probably like it

Have you seen 'Be Kind Rewind'? I usually hate jack Black movies but it is class. Plus the uber cool Michel Gondry directed it.

yea i went to see it in the cinema, decent film alright.

Neil, i still dont get the joke?!:)

*Sigh* She might want some tips on how to lose you in ten days. Jokes aren't funny when they have to be explained.

Right it's 6.25am so time for bed I think. Day off tomorrow though \o/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

The Ghosts of Cite Soleil

Brilliant and disturbing

True story, documentary type thing set in Haiti. The most unsettled place in the world according to the UN and i went there on holidays

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Al, you failed to see my little joke with the How To Lose A Guy suggestion. Disappointing.

i got it Xavi6. there is just no hope for some people

looking for something a little lighter Irishbint.

i'm a romantic afterall :cool:

Mean Girls Al

but there is a love story, nudity, guns, blood, mass murder

a bloke in a wheelchair gets killed

and a great soundtrack from good auld wycliff

Al anything with Ed Norton is always a winner.

Have you seen either Rounders or the 25th hour?

guns, blood, mass murder?

you kinky swine!

• Advertisement

Yea American History X is definitely date material! BITE THE KERB!

yep and yep.

love rounders, so under rated that movie is.

cracking little known tune from Counting Crows to finish the movie off as well

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

irishbird wrote: »
    The most unsettled place in the world according to the UN and i went there on holidays

Surely that's a little bit hard to quantify - i mean take Iraq, the gaza strip, burma, zimbabwe - would have thought that anywhere with active tourism isn't as unsettled as a war zone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

just stay away from;
    the painted veil
    down in the valley
    the kingdom of heaven
    and
    the italian job

the rest of his films are by and large class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,079 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Al, if your into this chick, then here's some advice. Get 'The Big Lebowski', and get some kahlua, Vodka and milk. Make your white russians with 1.5 shots Kahlua, 1.5 shots Vodka and 2 to 3 shots milk. mix well and add 1 or 2 ice cubes or else more ideally keep the ingredients chilled between pourings (i usually flake them into the freezer for a bit after every 2 drinks). Have some creedence clearwater revival ready to put on after the movie (a best of would probably suit best, but once it has "lookin out my back door" on it your sorted). You'll both be drunk, happy with the movie and ultra tasty beverages, and she'll think your the most thoughtful man of all time with the 'themed' night. You can get bonus points by providing you both with dressing gowns to get into the mood (the mood of the dude), before the movie starts (at this point dont tell her what the movie is, the first scene of the dude in his dressing gown comes up after a few seconds anwyay). For extra bonus points, refer to the drinks as white russians (actual name), whiteys and Caucasians.

Seriously guy, you can't fail.

Surely that's a little bit hard to quantify - i mean take Iraq, the gaza strip, burma, zimbabwe - would have thought that anywhere with active tourism isn't as unsettled as a war zone?

LOL, watch the movie, it hasnt been a tourist distination since the 70's. Interestingly enough, that is where AIDS was supposed to have started :cool:

there is no active tourism there, i was visiting a friend. We could not leave her house without a heavily armed body guard, a driver and an amoured car.

She had 24 armed security on her house.

Her body guard actually had to follow us around the supermarket and when we went to the resturant he had go in and check it out and sit across the room from us.

actually, it was a bit like being britany spears

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    For extra bonus points, refer to the drinks as white russians (actual name), whiteys and Caucasians,

Unless she happens to be black.... :pac:

yep and yep.

love rounders, so under rated that movie is.

cracking little known tune from Counting Crows to finish the movie off as well

I have watched that movie countless times, indeed it is criminally under-rated. One of the few movies that takes a subject, and treats it properly, without going all Hollywood on it. Could you imagine if a Poker movie came out now? :eek:

Gonna have a look in my collection and name a few movies, if yo have seen them all then I giveup.

Al, if your into this chick, then here's some advice. Get 'The Big Lebowski', and get some kahlua, Vodka and milk. Make your white russians with 1.5 shots Kahlua, 1.5 shots Vodka and 2 shots milk. mix well and add 1 or 2 ice cubes or else more ideally keep the ingredients chilled between pourings (i usually flake them into the freezer for a bit after every 2 drinks). Have some creedence clearwater revival ready to put on after the movie (a best of would probably suit best, but once it has "lookin out my back door" on it your sorted). You'll both be drunk, happy with the movie and ultra tasty beverages, and she'll think your the most thoughtful man of all time with the 'themed' night. You can get bonus points by providing you both with dressing gowns to get into the mood (the mood of the dude), before the movie starts (at this point dont tell her what the movie is, the first scene of the dude in his dressing gown comes up after a few seconds anwyay). For extra bonus points, refer to the drinks as white russians (actual name), whiteys and Caucasians.

Seriously guy, you can't fail.

OMG :eek: how ghey are you ?

you have flakes in your freezer and you know what is in a white russian? themed night?:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

OMG :eek: how ghey are you ?

you have flakes in your freezer and you know what is in a white russian? themed night?:eek::eek::eek:

huh? i said 'flake them into the freezer', as in throw them in. Guess thats what i get from being from the arse end of cork, bits of the local lingo still fly out now and again. And of course i know whats in a white russian, its the greatest drink ever devised! If its good enough for the Dude, Its good enough for me.
    2006_05_09-lebowski.jpg

As for the 'themed night' action, chicks dig effort therefore increasing the Alanator's chances of getting in her pants. So to speak. :)

Have some creedence clearwater revival ready to put on after the movie

i was back in her place on Saturday night and we listened to Creedence :)

i love that movie so much. that actually sounds like a cracking night!

- A Bronx tale
    - After Hours (unbelievable Scorsese movie, I think Lazer on Georges st. have a copy)
    - Senseless, (very hard to find unless you uhem "get it from your cousin in America" ;))
    - Dead Mans shoes
    - A Room For Romeo Bass (another smashing Shane Meadows flick)
    - Rescue Dawn (favourite Movie of '07, but maybe not a chick flick)
    - The Score
    - The Taking Of Pelham 123 (The 70's one, not the late 90's hatchet job)

You should be able to get a few of these in your local Xtravision, but if you are near the city, Lazer on Georges St. should stock most of them, and have a great selection in general.

i was back in her place on Saturday night and we listened to Creedence :)

i love that movie so much. that actually sounds like a cracking night!

Boom, winner!

Really though i think at least one copy is in each of myself and the buddies houses, anytime it gets broken out its an excuse to make some whiteys and get pissed.

Unfortunately my girlfriend doesn't 'get' that movie.... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm butting in here a bit but i feel i should tell you all to go listen to The National.
    Ye probably have but...
    Secret Meeting is one song that stops me in my tracks everytime i hear it.

I concur!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Looks like Zico will be the next manager to manage Ronaldinho.

edit: sorry wrong thread.

• Advertisement

Boom, winner!

not nescessarily, little to out there, i've only known this girl a couple of weeks.
    Unfortunately my girlfriend doesn't 'get' that movie.... :(

leave her up that mountain and come home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

huh? i said 'flake them into the freezer', as in throw them in. Guess thats what i get from being from the arse end of cork, bits of the local lingo still fly out now and again. And of course i know whats in a white russian, its the greatest drink ever devised! If its good enough for the Dude, Its good enough for me.
    2006_05_09-lebowski.jpg

As for the 'themed night' action, chicks dig effort therefore increasing the Alanator's chances of getting in her pants. So to speak. :)

From your prompt, Rebel! Can we have a discussion on the brilliance of The Big Lebowski!! I'll kick this white russian off by saying "Shut the **** up, Donnie!"

not nescessarily, little to out there, i've only known this girl a couple of weeks.

You can always tone it back as necessary, but the white russians are definately necessary - you're not gonna let the poor girl die of thirst are ya?!
    leave her up that mountain and come home

Alas, she didn't stay over for the football so went home 3 weeks ago...come to think of it, why are we going out again?!
    monkey9 wrote: »
    From your prompt, Rebel! Can we have a discussion on the brilliance of The Big Lebowski!! I'll kick this white russian off by saying "Shut the **** up, Donnie!"

"You're out of your element Donnie!"

Never seen it

monkey9 wrote: »

hmmm, i watch this movie one night many years ago when i was very, very stoned but i couldnt understand it :(

• Advertisement

The Big Lebowski is teh awesome! Love for the Dude!

hey what about the princess bride

hey what about the princess bride

Cant be doin that, then he;d let her see how obsessed he is with it and thatd scare her away!

i went to hers at the weekend and one of the first things i noticed was "The Princess Bride" on top of her DVD collection, i was tempted to rob it so i could send it to Des and youself! :)

she loves the movie, like all sane, normal people.

Gah it's getting light outside. Really time for bed. Laters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

ttyl Xavi

i went to hers at the weekend and one of the first things i noticed was "The Princess Bride" on top of her DVD collection, i was tempted to rob it so i could send it to Des and youself! :)

she loves the movie, like all sane, normal people.

Havent seen it in years but the scene where he tricks yer man into drinkin the wine and kills him then admits he has an immunity...class!

Laters Xavi, Kryogen, friend story posted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Laters Xavi, Kryogen, friend story posted!

ill check it out soon ok!

i try to stay off bebo as much as possible!

i know nobody will particularly care but i just beat the Arsenal 2-0 in a hard fought FA cup match on pro evo........and Anderson made Cesc his bitch!...............again lol ;)

kryogen wrote: »
    ill check it out soon ok!

i try to stay off bebo as much as possible!

i know nobody will particularly care but i just beat the Arsenal 2-0 in a hard fought FA cup match on pro evo........and Anderson made Cesc his bitch!...............again lol ;)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNDERRRSON-SON-SON!!

Hero!

I am teh suck at pro evo, myself and the brother got a ps3 at xmas and Ive never really been a big gamer, and it really shows when i win maybe 1 in 10 games of pro evo!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement