Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,079 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Al, In the offchance you decide to opt against the awesome Lebowski, here's my other tips for the circumstances;

Top rated;
    1. Leon (possibly my favourite movie, everyone likes it.)
    2. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (funny, clever, again everyone likes it)
    3. High Fidelity (see above)
    4. The Blues Brothers (by having creedence at hers she obviously has taste, this ones a classic)
    5. True Romance (again an all rounder, everyone likes, very stylish and cool)
    5. Life Aquatic (quirky and very enjoyable, though i've found as a rule guys like it far far more then women, so could be a little dodgy in that respect, try and get ahold of the soundtrack for the spanish versions of David Bowie too)

Other possible's;
    Memento.
    From Dusk till Dawn
    Rules of Attraction.
    Happy Gilmore
    Casablanca
    Fargo
    Hudsucker Proxy
    Stickmen

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Mr. Alan, i want to take that DVD if you ever get a chance to get into her house again - okay?

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Al, In the offchance you decide to opt against the awesome Lebowski, here's my other tips for the circumstances;

Top rated;
    4. The Blues Brothers (by having creedence at hers she obviously has taste, this ones a classic)
    5. Life Aquatic (quirky and very enjoyable, though i've found as a rule guys like it far far more then women, so could be a little dodgy in that respect, try and get ahold of the soundtrack for the spanish versions of David Bowie too)

Other possible's;
    Memento.
    From Dusk till Dawn
    Rules of Attraction.
    Happy Gilmore
    Casablanca
    Fargo
    Hudsucker Proxy
    Stickmen

Ah True Romance.....Brad Pitt: "Hey u guys wanna watch some TV with me?"

Point Break FTW! Honestly Ive seen that film over 100 times easily!

irishbird wrote: »
    Mr. Alan, i want to take that DVD if you ever get a chance to get into her house again - okay?

Ta Da!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Top rated;

Other possible's;
    Memento.
    From Dusk till Dawn
    Rules of Attraction.
    Happy Gilmore
    Casablanca
    Fargo
    Hudsucker Proxy
    Stickmen

Shawshank redemption gets not a mention :rolleyes:

Shawshank redemption gets not a mention :rolleyes:

hey guy, theres a lot of good movies in the world, and its really late (hour later here) and im somewhat mildly drunk! That is yet another excellent movie though.

We could go on all night, Godfather 1 & 2 for example.

Al i have a good one. Ferris Beullers Day Off. Good lighthearted fun movie....damn I love that film!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

We could go on all night, Godfather 1 & 2 for example.

Al i have a good one. Ferris Beullers Day Off. Good lighthearted fun movie....damn I love that film!

ah yes, a classic. i love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Tis no Breakfast club though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

im in a strange humour so I have thought of Escape to Victory! Stallone! and that made me think of The Great Escape, a true classic!

some of my other faves have been mentioned already, The Big Lebowski is great btw

I reckon i have seen shrek 2 about 70 times :o

Neil i approve of the friend story! nice work my man! its so true you know, i just couldnt have done it without you either! ;)

Looks like something big has gone down in the Big Brother household. Channel 4 bosses have cut the live picture that e4 shows*.

* Runs for cover before being lambasted for watching BB

Looks like something big has gone down in the Big Brother household. Channel 4 bosses have cut the live picture that e4 shows*.

* Runs for cover before being lambasted for watching BB

you watch big brother!!! :eek: ya big jessy and such insults

and also

kryogen wrote: »
    you watch big brother!!! :eek: ya big jessy and such insults

and also

Ah you can't beat a bit of late night Big Brother. It's what picture in picture was invented for.

Ah you can't beat a bit of late night Big Brother. It's what picture in picture was invented for.

you know, i actually havent seen one second of the tripe this year, any fit wimmin?

you know, i actually havent seen one second of the tripe this year, any fit wimmin?

Not really, depends on your tastes really. Any of them that are remotely hot, instantly turn you off once they open they're gob and the sh/t starts coming out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Fecking Resident Evil 4 on the Wii what a savage game, just couldnt put it down tonight! It will probaly go down as my favourite game on a console ever! Oh and yes The Big Lebowski is a brilliant film! :)

Fecking Resident Evil 4 on the Wii what a savage game, just couldnt put it down tonight! It will probaly go down as my favourite game on a console ever! Oh and yes The Big Lebowski is a brilliant film! :)

+1 on both counts! ;)

Not really, depends on your tastes really. Any of them that are remotely hot, instantly turn you off once they open they're gob and the sh/t starts coming out.

ah you see, when i see some pics i wont be hearing them speak so ill still be turned on! :)

ah you see, when i see some pics i wont be hearing them speak so ill still be turned on! :)

Well here's something to keep you occupied.

steph_280x390_501603a.jpg

However, she was evicted in week 1. :(

thanks, kind of an unsettling smile actually! but definate potential there!!

i might have a look at the website and see if theres anything worth watching for

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

GAA

wtf? The GAA is anti Irish football.

Are you happy that they paid to kill a soccer team? going to their games, stop giving them money to spend on the death of Irish football.
    Mr Alan wrote: »
    any ideas for a decent film to get to watch with a bint tomorrow night?
    huh? i said 'flake them into the freezer', as in throw them in. Guess thats what i get from being from the arse end of cork, bits of the local lingo still fly out now and again. And of course i know whats in a white russian, its the greatest drink ever devised! If its good enough for the Dude, Its good enough for me.
    2006_05_09-lebowski.jpg

As for the 'themed night' action, chicks dig effort therefore increasing the Alanator's chances of getting in her pants. So to speak. :)
    i was back in her place on Saturday night and we listened to Creedence :)

i love that movie so much. that actually sounds like a cracking night!
    hey what about the princess bride
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNDERRRSON-SON-SON!!

Hero!

I am teh suck at pro evo, myself and the brother got a ps3 at xmas and Ive never really been a big gamer, and it really shows when i win maybe 1 in 10 games of pro evo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Morning "dudes" (seen as we have the big lebowski references going on!)

Thank god its Friday so it must be:

03_23_07_friday.jpg

Watched some of the new series of my name is earl last night, man what a great show!!
    It was the one with the chicken suit if anyone has seen it.....randy is my hero!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Quite a considerable amount of effort made in that post des.

Well done Des, too much of the free stuff yes?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

that bint up above ^^^^ from BB was lovely, nice little scouse accent on her too ;)

I reckon i have seen shrek 2 about 70 times :o

Neil i approve of the friend story! nice work my man! its so true you know, i just couldnt have done it without you either! ;)

Shrek is deadly. Meh, it cant be worse than me, as Ive already said, Point Break...at least 100 times. I know the script off at this stage! A young Dr Cox as irritable Chief of Police.....gold!

Yes well, like I said, made do with what I had!!

that bint up above ^^^^ from BB was lovely, nice little scouse accent on her too ;)

Her smile was a bit too big! Like that Spanish one they kept showin last nite, someone important, her eyes were a bit too wide, somethin fake about them.

How can u consider that accent a turn on! Heidi Range, mind u, it wouldnt turn me off, but its hardly a turn on!!

Finally Al, ..... bint? Seriously, where d hel did that come from? Hardly something Id imagine girls liek to be called! im sure theyd prefer "burd" or "moh" to "bint"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

DesF your post just confused the fu*k out of me. I'm sure you had a point, and I'm sure it made sense in your head. But maybe wait till the next day to try and post it.

@Xavi when he comes back. Yes Black Bettys is a dump but when you have no money and can get drunk for a $5/$10 you dont care.

As for Rosies it was great for a few drinks, and there was no better place to watch a GAA match(especially a Dublin one) in Oz. Also was good to introduce people from other countries to GAA and the atmosphere around it when there is a big group of supporters together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Morning lads.

nice little scouse accent

Contradiction in terms.

And Good Morning Sherifu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

any ideas for a decent film to get to watch with a bint tomorrow night?

6th is going to throw in a wild card and suggest "Stop or my mom will shoot". Now you may not realise it but there are subliminal messages in that film which cause wimminz to go fuppin' nuts for a bit o' sausage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

6th has infiltrated the soccer forum? Rb'll be in next :pac:

I wish i could set that Torres thread on fire :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I wish i could set that Torres thread on fire :(
    *hugs*

Al, this will cheer you up, apparently this is Shauvon Torres....wonder would Rafa play with Two up front now.....

wn-shauvon-torres-catw.jpg

Thanks man :)

gucci wrote: »
    Al, this will cheer you up, apparently this is Shauvon Torres....wonder would Rafa play with Two up front now.....

how come the link is invisible to me? is it like a special liverpool fan only thing?!?!

not showing up for me either, so figured id take the liberty of putting up another one for the masses;
    shauvon.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

oh wow he's doing the prghead thing.

• Advertisement

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

now that was just weird, it didnt show up till i quoted it!

although, it makes me remember why i was watching that real world australia in the first place! there were some fine wimmin in that show!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

now that was just weird, it didnt show up till i quoted it!

although, it makes me remember why i was watching that real world australia in the first place! there were some fine wimmin in that show!

I dunno man, not sure whats going on there! Second picture kinda lets her down? Is she off that show?

I dunno man, not sure whats going on there! Second picture kinda lets her down? Is she off that show?

second picture? oh jesus! anyways, i dont think the show is still on, not sure though its so long sonce i saw it. some wimmin on it though! and this one in particular wasnt bothered about letting the cleavage hang out for the camera!

wasnt the best on the show though.

second picture? oh jesus! anyways, i dont think the show is still on, not sure though its so long sonce i saw it. some wimmin on it though! and this one in particular wasnt bothered about letting the cleavage hang out for the camera!

wasnt the best on the show though.

Second picture, the one that ~rebel~ posted? Probably was a bit harsh of me to say it let her down! Its ok, its quite acceptable to watch terrible tv in the name of some cheap eye candy shots.

by the way lads, how do i embed the pictures and stuff?

like so that people dont have to click the links? how do i make it on the page just like rebels and yours gucci?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

JUST QUOTE ONE OF THEIR POSTS TO SEE
    or xxx.jpg
    or go advanced and click on picture icon.

they're fighting in the Utd thread, and its not even over me, i'm so proud :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Not so nice over here at the moment. Kinda reminds me of home.

Today - http://file040a.bebo.com/13/original/2008/06/27/11/66107211a8139540979o.jpg

That Torres thread was a laugh while it lasted. Killed a few minutes and probably raised Alan's blood temperature into triple figures. Just think lads - this time 2 months the new season will be in full flow and all our hatred and senseless rambling can begin again.
    Xavi6 wrote:

Ah I remember that - luckily most of my memories are like this though:

346759873a5299490393l.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Xavi6 wrote: »

Today - http://file040a.bebo.com/13/original/2008/06/27/11/66107211a8139540979o.jpg
    That would be a great day in Ireland! :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement