Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

IrishMike wrote: »
    Respect, my brother from another mother.
    *Insert generic gang sign with fingers here*

For shizzle G, wesssss-aye!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

shut up with that talk!

Did ye see my pic of torres in the Liverpool thread? :D

U shudddup!

No, ill look now, is it u and him photoshopped into a love heart?

Al TBH or here but seriously, sort it out!!!

:pac::pac:

EDIT: Al does the sight of the Liverpool crest make u all hot and flustered? I get the impression if Torres played for United u might think he was teh ugly!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Morning people

yes i know its quarter past three, arent teachers holidays great. No sleep after the beers but my bed is my new best friend so all is good. met Des at the beers too and dare i say it... Sound guy!

btw best christmass song is a no contest really, Fairytale of new york FTW

met Des at the beers too and dare i say it... Sound guy!

must have been another impersonater :)

btw best christmass song is a no contest really, Fairytale of new york FTW

+ 1

But sure we already knew that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

I seen Semi-Pro last night, pretty good. Was suprised actually how funny it was.....kinda was losing hope for Will Ferell after Talladega Nights.

Mr Alan wrote: »

dunno met the missus too and got a kebab with em after before the night went messy. think he got a picture of me too, hope i looked someway sober in it as I can see it finding its way on here and I already needed a shave and a haircut so... looked like a bumb tbh or as the kids i most recently described me, look like a rockstar (oh yeah!)

edit: actually LMAO during Tallageda nights but found Semi-pro virtually laughless gucci

• Advertisement

I like 2000 miles by the pretenders as a christmas song

(and fairytale is quality obviously)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I like both to be honest but thought Semi-Pro was much funnier.

gucci wrote: »
    I seen Semi-Pro last night, pretty good. Was suprised actually how funny it was.....kinda was losing hope for Will Ferell after Talladega Nights.

thought it was average at best. Losing faith in Mr ferrell myself. He's better as a funny cameo/co star, definitely cant carry a film alone.

The Russian roulette type gag was worth the admission price alone though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

gucci wrote: »
    Saw it a few weeks ago, I liked it aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Mr Alan wrote: »
    :mad:
    dunno met the missus too and got a kebab with em after before the night went messy.

You came to Iskanders with us?

Jaysis. I don't remember that.

why on gods green earth did ye go to isakanders when Athena is across the road and zaytoon is close by?

school boy error.

• Advertisement

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm Zaytoon..............

Athena isn't a patch on it I'm afraid.

Zaytoon was too much of a walk, Iskanders was right next door.

Athena is a thousand times the kebab shop of that other **** hole.

Although my view may be tainted by a particularly drunken bad experience when i was younger :)

Zaytoon.....................drools......... wasnt in town this weekend so didnt get to get my Zeytoon buzz on :(

Drunken experience, and a kebab shop? That dosnt sound like a true story at all!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Last time I was in Zaytoon I got a real nasty kebab - the bread was FAR too floury, it was disgusting - instantly dried up all moisture in my whole body. Hangover was ten times worse the next day.

And after 8 pints of Staropramen the hangover was destined to be bad as it was...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

The next time I am in Zaytoon I'm going to shout out is anyone here from boards. Seems like everyone goes.

Rare occasion tbh. I do frequent Dublin for pintage when I have spare cash (read: mortgage) but rarely am I in zaytoon. And going forward probably won't be going back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Always get a craving for taco chips from Abra instead of a kebab!

Last time i was in abra I had a garlic chip with cheese and bacon.

I think I shaved about 5 years off my life expectancy in one sitting with that one.

Abra belongs to the devil.

DesF wrote: »
    :mad:

You came to Iskanders with us?

Jaysis. I don't remember that.

yup kinda dissapeared after we got our food though as I was supposed to meet the bro who id left with that Cork girl that kept trying it on with him... never made it that far though hense me saying the night got messy, woke up on the south circular road with someone i dont think i even spoke to in the Mercantile:confused:

Was a place ever suggested for the Soccer Beers? the Merc is good but was a bit of a sweat box downstairs plus I heard boardsies were charged more for their pints than those upstairs.

yup kinda dissapeared after we got our food though as I was supposed to meet the bro who id left with that Cork girl that kept trying it on with him... never made it that far though hense me saying the night got messy, woke up on the south circular road with someone i dont think i even spoke to in the Mercantile:confused:
    Yeah, I think IB wanted to just go home at that stage, she'd come from a long day in work, so apologies if we did kinda just vanish.

Er...was it a male or female's gaf you ended up in?
    Was a place ever suggested for the Soccer Beers? the Merc is good but was a bit of a sweat box downstairs plus I heard boardsies were charged more for their pints than those upstairs.
    I'm most certainly not booking the downstairs of The Merc for the beers. Not a chance.

Hmm, I was charged a fiver upstairs, and downstairs up to a certain time, probably 11pm or something like that.

The pints were rubbish downstairs anyway.

Thought the Czech Inn was decided - I paid a visit last week to inspect it. It got my Coveted ShiverinEskimo Official Seal of Approval...

Thought the Czech Inn was decided
    It was
    - I paid a visit last week to inspect it. It got my Coveted ShiverinEskimo Official Seal of Approval...

Oh good, so will I go ahead and book it?

• Advertisement

Any pub that serves Staropramen, Pilzner Urquell and Zlaty Bazant should be booked...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Been to a funeral of one of my mates earlier. Sitting there with a bunch of people that I did not know, others I knew very well and another bunch of colleagues. Holding back the auld tears for ages, funerals over here are bloody mental anyway, he died three weeks ago, not like at home where we have a body in the ground in three days for the most case. Anyway he was an avid liverpool fans and until he got sick I used to go with himself and his lad up to Anfield for the games, the last song was You'll never walk alone played on the accordian, well almost all at once most of the attendees split themselves with laughter, was the worst playing of YNWA I have ever heard, including that crappy polyphonic one that was going round in the early days.

Stuck around for a while afterwards, never been to a cremation before so wanted to see if they lit him up but apparently they do it late in the evening when everybody's gone.

DesF wrote: »
    so apologies if we did kinda just vanish.

Er...was it a male or female's gaf you ended up in?

Hmm, I was charged a fiver upstairs, and downstairs up to a certain time, probably 11pm or something like that.

tbh i thought i was the one who dissapeared so no apologies needed.

definatley a female, was funny how she kept calling my name out as Bounty Hunter in her Aussie accent though. I dont think she was actually a boardsie though, just think thats how i introduced myself:D

think i read it in the Boards Beers thread I was on the whiskey all night, well except when Yager bombing it up.

Sorry for your loss T4TF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Yeah sorry for your loss T4TF.

What a bizarre choice of instrument to play that song on :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

I was on the whiskey all night .

That explains it all :D

pvt.joker wrote: »
    That explains it all :D

though im on the Whiskey every night im out. cant stand the taste of Larger or as i describe it that pish

Hey, was expected, had lung cancer but fought on smoking all the way :rolleyes: Anyway yeah, was a joke, his lad wanted them to play a cd of it but it is traditional to play the organ or somesuch. And the auld wan who was playing was not best skilled in piano/keyboard/organisting playing either making it an even worse rendition.

And as for Abras, last thing I got from there was a chilli chips and did not eat it that night. Came downstairs the next morning and the chilli was melting through the container it was in.

Sorry to hear about your mate.

Nothing better than laughing at a funeral though, I'm sure he saw the funny side of it.

Yeah, cremations are weird alright. I was at my uncles earlier in the year, it's not very "final" or something.

• Advertisement

I think it is an Irish thing, we don't believe things that other people tell us. Dave is in the box and I promise we will burn him up later when ye are all gone......

Whereas if we see him beforehand in a box and then see the box in a hole in the ground it certainly makes it a bit harder to refute :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

Sorry for yous loss. May he rest in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Thoughts and condolences T4TF.

Pic from the other night!

shic a sha ha ha!

20323567a8164956586l.jpg

er.

Where's the picture?

Saw them on the sunday night project, thought that they were decent on there. Any sport will do at the moment, that Murray lad is doing alright at the moment, thought he was going to get humped after the start he had but has come back well.

• Advertisement

yea watched that last night, good craic alright

Women's tennis.

That is all.

Apart from the Williamses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

Are ya still hoarse Al????!!! Thought the boyz were great craic on the SNP. Justin never ceases to amaze me the crazy lenths he goes to for a laugh. There's a good programme about him learning to play darts on SkyAnytime at the mo. There's a few scenes with his wife and kids an' all.

i read an article in the observer (i think?) the other day and it was a serious article saying how it was a disgrace that Sharapova wasnt wearing a skirt at this tournament, basically that admiring her "amazonian figure" (direct quote) was one of the most compelling parts of the tournament :D

She is so gorgeous.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement