Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Really? I've posted in at least seven or eight threads here in the last day. I'm flattered you look out for me though! :o:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Oh, maybe you're not as interesting as I thought then.

Do I cut my nails to start playing guitar again or do I manicure. How important are good nails?

Not important at all if you're using a plec. Once they're short enough so your fingers can press on the strings ok then it's cool.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Not important at all if you're using a plec. Once they're short enough so your fingers can press on the strings ok then it's cool.

*sigh*

I've played guitar (and piano and violin) for 20 years :p

I meant in terms of attractiveness. Are nice manicured nails good?

PSI wrote: »
    *sigh*

Quit your moaning
    I've played guitar (and piano and violin) for 20 years :p

How the bloody hell would I know that?! You and your vagueness

Eh it'd be the last thing I'd look at on a girl to be honest.

• Advertisement

Eh it'd be the last thing I'd look at on a girl to be honest.

After boobs and ass?

Anyway, in what way am I vague? Noone has ever asked me anything I didn't answer.

Oh PSI you must think I'm so shallow.

First it's smile, then eyes, THEN boobs and ass (and legs).

Oh PSI you must think I'm so shallow.

First it's smile, then eyes, THEN boobs and ass (and legs).

A guy once told me that if a guy looks into your eyes it means that your chest isn't worth looking at.

Well it seems like there's no pleasing you lot in that case.

If we look, we're pervs. If we don't look then we're insulting you. The mind boggles.

Feck it, I'm just gonna go ahead and look. If it gets me a nasty look or a slap at least I'll have got something out of it.

hehe, I have nothing to look at :p

I'm currently researching a username change.

• Advertisement

hehe, I have nothing to look at :p

I still would though! :pac: :D
    I'm currently researching a username change.

Ooooh exciting! Any initial ideas?

Ooooh exciting! Any initial ideas?

a few but nothing cool. I asked DesF for a suggestion earlier in the thread but he ignored me :(

Yeah he's ignorant like that.

You know you have to be a subscriber to change your name yeah?

Yeah he's ignorant like that.

You know you have to be a subscriber to change your name yeah?

A subscriber? To boards.ie?

It didn't seem to matter before. :p

Maybe I should let the soccer posters name me :p

Then again, maybe not.

Oh please do!

We can do up a list of ten options then sticky a thread with a poll. Brilliant!

Oh please do!

We can do up a list of ten options then sticky a thread with a poll. Brilliant!

I think not!

Ah come on. We'll be nice, I promise!

What sort of name you lookin for?

Ah come on. We'll be nice, I promise!

What sort of name you lookin for?

I don't know. What is your suggestion.

Hmmmm I actually hadn't thought of one. It'd have to be obscure anyway, maybe something that signifies oppression too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Mr Alan wrote: »
    have the The Nationals album "The Boxer" now, i'll give it a listen tomorrow.
    Went to see them last night, they were decent enough. Have to say, the last 3 gigs I have went to see have being a Heavy Metal festival, Down and Dilenger Escape Plan, so it completely was a different experience! But it was grand show, had 2 guys on brass (i suppose they just tour with them?) who added a nice sound, and had 8 guys in total on stage at times. They gave it loads in fairness to them, even though they sounded and looked jaded after playing Glastonbury the night before.
    For a free show for me, I would have paid into seeing them and I'd probably go see them again, but as I said it was a strange concert for me personally!

By the way alan, dont give up on RATM just yet, keep listening!! Kill A Man and Maggies Farm should grow on you from that album, (Maggies Farm is a piece of piss to play on guitar, and sounds great too! Xavi will notice Muse do usually throw in half of it to one of their songs when they play live.....forget which song it is!)

I suggest "Ming the Merciful" for PSIs new name...... :-)

• Advertisement

Yeah they throw in 'Maggies Farm' (at the end of 'Map of the Problematique') and 'Township Rebellion' every so often.

Yeah thats the one!
    Its such a cool riff.

Ah gucci, good man, for a second I thought i was on flirt.ie!

Morning all. Im not feelin the may west today, have been in need of a good sleep the last 2-3 days but havent got it, a few pints with the ex last night and I feel like I was out on the lash :(

Ah gucci, good man, for a second I thought i was on flirt.ie!
    ??
    Because I interrupted the deep conversation is it :)
    Morning all. Im not feelin the may west today, have been in need of a good sleep the last 2-3 days but havent got it, a few pints with the ex last night and I feel like I was out on the lash :(
    Tut Tut, pints with the ex......school boy error!
    Worst thing about going to gigs in the "Carling Academy", is the fact that its only really Carling they sell.....man its nasty! My gut is killing me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

gucci wrote: »
    Maggies Farm is a piece of piss to play on guitar, and sounds great too!

Morello is a fine guitarist alright.
    Hey gucci, what guitar you got?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

morning lads.

Neil, the ex you had pints with, wasnt the ex i know was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

i'll give you an album if we ever meet up for this LOI game. Although i was informed the other day that Shels have links with utd, is this true des? :(
    Used to, not any more.
    Girls have nails?
    a few but nothing cool. I asked DesF for a suggestion earlier in the thread but he ignored me :(
    Awh, I didn't ignore you, I just had no suggestions.

How about your first name, like me.

Anonymous ftl.
    is the fact that its only really Carling they sell.....man its nasty! My gut is killing me!

It's such a poxy beer.

Morning gentlemen and ladies :)

*doffs cap*

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Morello is a fine guitarist alright.
    Hey gucci, what guitar you got?

I have a hohner country man, my tried and trusted acoustic. And a epiphone les paul replica. Its only ok, the pick-ups are a bit ****ty, but its good enough for me. When I'm big im gonna buy myself something proper like a fender stratocaster or even just a proper les paul. One of my mates has a beautiful custom one he go in europe somewhere, the weight and sound is so different than mine its crazy!

I hope you don't think I'm some sort of ax wielder by saying Maggies Farm is easy to play, I just like RATM music because I find the style and speed suitable to my ability (on alot of the tracks!)

I fecking moved to England and havnt got either with me, didnt think I would really miss them as I was neglecting playing the last while anyways.....I'm itching to get back in action now!

Do you play?
    DesF wrote: »

It's such a poxy beer.
    Totally. that email that called it "fizzy piss" was possibly the best description ever.
    When 2 cans of it have remained in my fridge for nearly 6 weeks and I live with 3 other people.....says alot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Mornin .o/

• Advertisement

Movin over here sucked cause I had to leave my 3 guitars back home :( Luckily I've purchased me a nice little acoustic that'll help the withdrawl symptoms.

??
    Because I interrupted the deep conversation is it :)

Yea all that talk of fingernails and boobs!!
    gucci wrote:
    Tut Tut, pints with the ex......school boy error!
    Worst thing about going to gigs in the "Carling Academy", is the fact that its only really Carling they sell.....man its nasty! My gut is killing me!

Yea I know man, tell me about it. Ended up moochin at the end of the night too..... that happens every time myself and herself are in the same room it seems. Dunno what i was thinkin to be honest.
    morning lads.

Neil, the ex you had pints with, wasnt the ex i know was it?

Mornin Al.

Nah, different one. Same first name though!! I took a lotta abuse from the lads for that since they were one after the other! :pac::pac:

Yea all that talk of fingernails and boobs!!
    I agree....the boobs bit is acceptable, finger nails etc....what?

Yea I know man, tell me about it. Ended up moochin at the end of the night too..... that happens every time myself and herself are in the same room it seems. Dunno what i was thinkin to be honest.

Ah thats nice, when me and my ex are in the same room she usually ends up coming at me with a broken bottle.....ok well not exactly, but we tried the being friends thing and its not an option with her!!

warwick_corvette_standard_ebass_pimx_161451.jpg

This is my beaut!

How come no one is slaggin xavi about his flirtations with our esteemed overlord,yet why i say boo to ms corcaighcailin on this site i get the piss ripped out of me!?

double standards i tell ya! ;)

warwick_corvette_standard_ebass_pimx_161451.jpg

This is my beaut!

Well if thats your ex, then I can understand why you find it hard to say good bye! Is it custom? Beautiful timber, American Cherry or rosewood or something is it?
    Thought you would be a hardcore bassist and not have frets :)

• Advertisement

I agree....the boobs bit is acceptable, finger nails etc....what?
    Read back!

gucci wrote:
    Ah thats nice, when me and my ex are in the same room she usually ends up coming at me with a broken bottle.....ok well not exactly, but we tried the being friends thing and its not an option with her!!

Hmmm yea "nice". Ah she's goin away for a while so dont really have to worry about it. We tried bein friends too but every time we see each other this happens.

Oh I have exes of that variety too..... :D:D

How come no one is slaggin xavi about his flirtations with our esteemed overlord,yet why i say boo to ms corcaighcailin on this site i get the piss ripped out of me!?

Because PSI has a ban stick and corkbint doesn't.

cowards :(

still cant believe u ratted me out last night btw ;)

How come no one is slaggin xavi about his flirtations with our esteemed overlord,yet why i say boo to ms corcaighcailin site i get the piss ripped out of me!?

I believe I made reference to it in my first post of the day! I'm an equal opportunites abuser!

gucci wrote:
    Well if thats your ex, then I can understand why you find it hard to say good bye! Is it custom? Beautiful timber, American Cherry or rosewood or something is it?
    Thought you would be a hardcore bassist and not have frets

No thats my baby! She'll never leave me! Nah its just standard, was expensive enough as it was without throwin any custom on board!! :pac:

I have a fretless effect on my boss pedal, sounds the same, I do love the sounds of a fretless though!!

Here's the specs of the standard from the Warwick website:
    The Corvette Standard
    The body of the Corvette Standard consists of two or three pieces of bubinga. With its shape, ergonomics and sound the Corvette Standard satisfies the aspirations of the most demanding of bass players.

The switchable, active MEC 2-way electronics combine with the MEC pickup combination and three controls to provide flexible tone control, whether in the studio or on stage. The highly sensitive dynamic response of the Corvette Standard lets you articulate the most gentle of nuances or slap it for crisp, fat basslines. Additionally, a 4-string passive configuration is available with single coil J/J pickups.

24 Frets
    Natural Oil Finish

Read back!
    Yeah i did....disturbing..

Hmmm yea "nice". Ah she's goin away for a while so dont really have to worry about it. We tried bein friends too but every time we see each other this happens.

Oh I have exes of that variety too..... :D:D
    Ah yeah, my ex had alot of issues, that she kindly used to bottle up and then take out on me. Better off away from her, its great!

My geetar is a replica of this untitled-2.gif

• Advertisement

cowards :(
    Yep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

I have a hohner country man, my tried and trusted acoustic. And a epiphone les paul replica. Its only ok, the pick-ups are a bit ****ty, but its good enough for me. When I'm big im gonna buy myself something proper like a fender stratocaster or even just a proper les paul. One of my mates has a beautiful custom one he go in europe somewhere, the weight and sound is so different than mine its crazy!

I hope you don't think I'm some sort of ax wielder by saying Maggies Farm is easy to play, I just like RATM music because I find the style and speed suitable to my ability (on alot of the tracks!)

I fecking moved to England and havnt got either with me, didnt think I would really miss them as I was neglecting playing the last while anyways.....I'm itching to get back in action now!

Do you play?

I do indeed, a committed bedroom player tho' :pac:
    Tabs & power chords are my best friend. Dabble a bit in RATM stuff alright, some great simple[ish] riffs. Mostly play Slayer/Sabbath/Priest.
    Trying to find some time is the biggest problem, only playing about 2 1/2 years.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Nails on a chick can be hot if they are used during sex to "spice it up" a bit.

But I'm talking nice, mid-length, manicured nails.

Of course, there are limits to my theory:

670312720_dce089b4b8.jpg

Enjoy your breakfast folks.

Movin over here sucked cause I had to leave my 3 guitars back home :( Luckily I've purchased me a nice little acoustic that'll help the withdrawl symptoms.
    For a minute there I thought you said moving to Oz sucked.....! :eek::eek:

Lol God no, best thing ever. I do miss my babies though. Somebody better be dusting them :mad:

Lol God no, best thing ever. I do miss my babies though. Somebody better be dusting them :mad:

Its funny, any time Ive travelled I always miss my car, well not so much my car but just driving, and my bass!! I dont tend to miss my family as much!! :p:p

I do actually miss my family!! :pac:

Lyrics of the day;

"seeking only workmans wages i went looking for a job,
    but i get no offers-
    just a come on from the whores on 7th avenue,
    i do declare there were times that i was so lonesome,
    i took some comfort there"

super little song

Lyrics of the day;