Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Simon And Garfunkel

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Kenny Rogers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Simon And Garfunkel

Speaking of aul Art.

Anyone ever watch Watership Down? It scares the bejesus out of me.

The book is great though.

That's the cartoon you show your kids when you want them to be quiet for a while. Like a week or two.

That's the cartoon you show your kids when you want them to be quiet for a while. Like a week or two.

:D

used to scare the ****e out of me as a child as well Des, was only talking about that at the weekend, cause a certain gig i was at, they did "bright eyes"

used to scare the ****e out of me as a child as well Des, was only talking about that at the weekend, cause a certain gig i was at, they did "bright eyes"

Mys sister texted me when they sang that too.

Man, that grim reaper rabbit. :eek::eek:

Get the book, even though you know the story, you'll be rooting like hell for the rabbits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Dam YOU!!

all i have in my head is "Lie-la-lie,la-la-la-la-la-la-lie.........." and so on :o

gucci wrote: »
    Dam YOU!!

all i have in my head is "Lie-la-lie,la-la-la-la-la-la-lie.........." and so on :o

Boom boom boom, let me hear ya say WAY-O...WAY-O!

Better?!

• Advertisement

Dude, it's Jay-o.

:pac:

DesF wrote: »
    Dude, it's Jay-o.

:pac:

Lyrical masterpiece without a doubt!

listening to Simon and Garfunkel on the DART this morning, just made me think about how ****ing good "the graduate" movie is. ****ing definately one of my favourite films ever, their soundtrack is ****ing brilliant too.

*edit:i definately curse too much

Well at least the Simon& Garfunkel song has replaced "Time after Time" by Cindy Lauper in my head (watched that My Name Is Earl episode last night when Randy uses it as his break-up music.........classic tv!)

listening to Simon and Garfunkel on the DART this morning, just made me think about how ****ing good "the graduate" movie is. ****ing definately one of my favourite films ever, their soundtrack is ****ing brilliant too.

Jesus man........are you sure its the Graduate or Goodfellas your talking about with all that cursing?

time after time is another classic song alright.

as is Dont Give Up by peter gabriel and kate bush.

time after time, the boxer and dont give up have been in my head for weeks, its ok though :)

• Advertisement

Well at least the Simon& Garfunkel song has replaced "Time after Time" by Cindy Lauper in my head (watched that My Name Is Earl episode last night when Randy uses it as his break-up music.........classic tv!)

Ah My Name is Earl, a top quality show! have u seen the one where Earl marries Cadalina in Mexico and Randy goes off and pays the guy with the flamenco guitar to sing "Time After time" in Spanish to him!! Class! i love their atttention to detail bringing back old jokes!!

While we're on the music buzz today, this song "Wrapped Around Your Finger" by The Police. A great song, and Sting is one of my favourite bass players/artists ever but this live version shows just how feckin brilliant Stuart Copeland is.

*edit:i definately curse too much

this ****in guy eh! ****in **** ass **** mother****er!

Al this is a family place! U could be the next Joe Pesci!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

errr...........WHAT.................you were at Boyzone ..............what is wrong with you man?????

First its Sex and City and now boyzone

irishbird wrote: »
    errr...........WHAT.................you were at Boyzone ..............what is wrong with you man?????

First its Sex and City and now boyzone

Have u seen his post about Torres in the Liverpool thread? Or his general posts about Torres!?!! :pac:

Have u seen his post about Torres in the Liverpool thread? Or his general posts about Torres!?!! :pac:

Yeah, IB is mad into the football, always reading the Liverpool thread she is.

• Advertisement

God help her!

I dont know that a Torres is tbh

Torres is Liverpools striker and Al's most frequently posted comment about him is "Torres is a ride", he's posted about it on this thread!

reported.

What else would ye talk about??? (its ok....i dont actually want to know!)

reported.
    lol

Leave her alone you.
    What else would ye talk about???

emmmmmm.

and yes i was at boyzone IB, i even went up to the food van to say hi! :D

But then you chickened out.

Why would you go to a boyzone concert :eek:

err....did you say hello to me? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

/me checks that he's not in The Ladies Lounge.......wtf!!!!

• Advertisement

err....did you say hello to me? :o

He was intimidated by your stunning beauty.

Weren't you Al.

thats it exactly :)

i wasnt sure if you were there, i've seen a pic of you before, but couldnt really remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

In case anyone missed the thread on the main page....

Maybe this might be more suited to the Football manager forum, but thats for more serious footy manager games. Anyway I thought the soccer forum posters might be interested in this

The website is www.xperteleven.com

I already play in a diff league on the site and its very easy. After you register you are given a team automatically. You can then spend as much or as little time as you like with your team.

Typically expect to spend maybe 15 mins at the start becoming familar with the site etc. Once the league starts each team plays 2 games every week, and you need only spend about 5 mins twice a week to pick tactics etc for the next match.

Anyway, I thought I'd see if there was an interest for it. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask on this thread.

I've set up a boards league already, its ID is 164409, or if you want you can post your xpert 11 username on here and I'll add you to the league.

If we get the numbers (6 minimum) i'll start the league in a couple of weeks. Its good auld banter judging from the other one I'm in anyway

yeah, i was there shouting at drunk idiots :rolleyes

i was pulling out of nice young ladies :cool:

have to admit, if i was that way inclined on the day, it would have been like shooting fish in a barrell

i was pulling out of nice young ladies :cool:

have to admit, if i was that way inclined on the day, it would have been like shooting fish in a barrell

yeah it was wall to wall drunken minge

mind you the next night at neil young, there was no wimmins at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Hey IB, how was the chicken van?

GuanYin.

I wonder if it means something.

edit.

It DOES mean something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guan_Yin

Guanyin (觀音, pinyin guānyīn, Wade-Giles: kuan-yin) is the bodhisattva of compassion as venerated by East Asian Buddhists, usually as a female. She is also known as the Chinese Bodhisattva of Compassion. The name Guanyin is short for Guanshi'yin (觀世音, pinyin: guānshì yīn, Wade-Giles: kuan-shih yin) which means "Observing the Sounds (or Cries) of the World".

Mr. Alan wrote:

Were you inclined? Are you engaged or something?

Get as much as you can when you're young man, who knows when it or you will dry up...

• Advertisement

i dont get it :confused:

i dont get it :confused:

We know!! :p

More from that Wiki page.
    One Buddhist legend presents Guan Yin as vowing to never rest until she had freed all sentient beings

Does this mean that all the banned posters are going to be unbanned?

I think so!
    Some Christian observers have commented on the similarity between Guan Yin and the Blessed Virgin Mary of Christianity, the mother of Jesus Christ.

Actually, one story goes that Jesus, if he really existed, actually studied on the Indian Sub-continent for a while, and is acually buried there.

ahhhhhhhh!!!
    %20BeanManIdeaLight.gif

Actually, one story goes that Jesus, if he really existed, actually studied on the Indian Sub-continent for a while, and is acually buried there.

i actually saw a documentary about that before, it was ****ing fascinating.

and this other famous buddist proohet or someone were the same person.

Basically they surmised that Jesus survived the crucifiction and returned there to live out his old age. jesus wasnt crucified properly and there is numerous accounts of people surviving crucifiction.

their two lives intertwined perfectly.

jesus' teaching were at times almost word for word like buddist teachings that he would have learn on the indian sub-continent.

the stories from the sub continent told how using astrological charts, a contingent of elders tracked down this child at his birth and brought him to their teach to teach him their spiritual beliefs.

both were missing from their homeland during the other persons activity elsewhere, and the bible skips all jesus' life until he is in his thirties....(after he returned home?!), then stops with his death, when the other lad appears back in Yemen or where ever it was.

Basically, the tomb of this person is protected and they are not allowed to go near it with excavations or anything. but there is a cast of their feet and their crucifiction style scars on their them! :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,080 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

hmmm, so instead of making the sign of the cross, should we be mimicing dying of old age? Clutching our chests and struggling for breath maybe? Mass just got interesting!

• Advertisement

I'm very interested in Bible History (I'm not a holy joe or anything like it)

Check this out

http://www.tombofjesus.com/2007/core/historical_sources/docs/signpost.html

It's not Yemen, it's Kashmir.
    In that ancient book his name is mentioned as Yuz Asaf.

That name is quite close to Yeshua Bar Yosef, which is Hebrew/Amaraic for "Jesus, son of Joseph".

i've actually always been fascinated by it myself Des.

That doc i saw was on BBC4 or something about 18 months ago, and i've actually searched for it since, but been unable to find it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Does this mean that all the banned posters are going to be unbanned?

\o/

Homerjay2005 will be delighted! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Highbrow conversation in Soccer????!? :eek:

What have I done?

I see one of several options here:

1. Christian scholars ripped off alot of Buddah's life story and attributed it to Jesus
    2. Jesus (in the 30 years he went AWOL) studdied in the east, or at least eastern philosophy and people mistakenly attributed the stories he told to him.
    3. Jesus and Buddha read the same "How to be a deity" handbook and had very similar lives as a result.

Even some of the "wisdom of Jesus" is taken straight from buddhist teachings.

the interesting part of it i find is the fact that the mans life who is remarkably similar to Jesus did not die on the cross, but instead survived and returned to Kashmir. Christianity only exists because of Jesus' ressurection, if that didnt happen......well....it wouldnt exist.

Interesting note from that doc i watched; the man who offered to give Jesus his tomb after the he was was crucified (Joseph Of Arimathea) iirc, was the same same man who enbalmed (correct term?) him after he was removed from the cross.
    He was laid out in the tomb and embalmed before the tomb was closed over and he "ressurected". The funny thing about it is that the oils and ointments and stuff listed in the bible that he brought to the tomb were not actually embalming oils, they were for medicinal purposes......:eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement