Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Fair play Des, some dick almost ran me off the road, doing at least 150kmph, this morning on my way home and proceeded to pull down his window and give me the finger. How cool is he. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

Morning all. Just outta the bed. God I love my job :D ye ignorant fcukers how come none of have asked about The Big Date?? Well how did it go Al?!

I agree with most of what u said Des, but to be fair, we all break the speed limit at some point or another. That said, DRINK DRIVIN is 100% unacceptable under any circumstances and fair play for saying what everyone else in that thread wanted to but were scared to cos of the banstick.... fair play.......in an unmoderated face to face verbal, u owned him!

Morning all. Just outta the bed. God I love my job :D ye ignorant fcukers how come none of have asked about The Big Date?? Well how did it go Al?!

How did your date with Al go?! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I agree with most of what u said Des, but to be fair, we all break the speed limit at some point or another. That said, fair play.......in an unmoderated face to face verbal, u owned him!

the lad was drink driving though Neil wasnt he?

thats a lot lot lot lot worse than going a little over the speed limit imo.

Fair play Des, some dick almost ran me off the road, doing at least 150kmph, this morning on my way home and proceeded to pull down his window and give me the finger. How cool is he. :rolleyes:

Nothin worse than those arseholes that 1) speed (which like i said we al creep above the limit but I mean those d1ckheads that bait it down every road theyr eon like theyve just jumped jail), 2) weave through lanes at 100 mph causing everyone else to break dangerously and 3) give u the finger when u beep at them for this muppetry.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    the lad was drink driving though Neil wasnt he?

thats a lot lot lot lot worse than going a little over the speed limit imo.

absolutely, drink drivin.....Ive no time for.

I think he made a point about people going over the speed limit though (not related to drink driving) in an isolated point. if not, then I misunderstood it and disregard my point about that!

By the way, dont get me wrong, Ive little time for people going above the speed limits, However i dont get as high and mighty about it because I will admit that at times in a 30mph zone I can, without thinkin get to 35mph. It happens. U look down and there it is. Spending your whole time checking your speedometer is dangerous too as u need to be looking at whats in front of and behind you.

That particular chap tho, was a plank, and fair play to Des for saying so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,692 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

How did your date with Al go?! :pac:

Hang on a date??

Is that why Irishmike didn't get in until 4:30? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

Have a look at this for more road related stupidity

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055326982

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Nothin worse than those arseholes that 1) speed (which like i said we al creep above the limit but I mean those d1ckheads that bait it down every road theyr eon like theyve just jumped jail), 2) weave through lanes at 100 mph causing everyone else to break dangerously and 3) give u the finger when u beep at them for this muppetry.
    Hear hear.

My cousin told me a funny story yesterday. Her friend was minding a dog in an apartment for another friend. One morning she woke up and the dog was dead and she didnt have a clue what to do because she couldnt contact the owner and as she was in an apartment there was nowhere to bury the dog. So she decided to put the dog in a suitcase and bring it to her house where she could bury it in the garden. So off she went on the tube with the dog in the suitcase. As she was standing on the packed tube a man noticed how she was struggling with the weight of the suitcase and offered to hold it for her. The man commented on how heavy the suitcase was and asked her what was in it. She obviously wasnt going to say a big dead dog so she said she was a DJ and all her cds were in the suitcase. At the next stop the man legged it with the bag! Can you imagine his face when he opens the suitcase and expects to see hundreds of pounds worth of cds but instead is faced with a dead dog! :D Talk about karma!

• Advertisement

Hear hear.

My cousin told me a funny story yesterday. Her friend was minding a dog in an apartment for another friend. One morning she woke up and the dog was dead and she didnt have a clue what to do because she couldnt contact the owner and as she was in an apartment there was nowhere to bury the dog. So she decided to put the dog in a suitcase and bring it to her house where she could bury it in the garden. So off she went on the tube with the dog in the suitcase. As she was standing on the packed tube a man noticed how she was struggling with the weight of the suitcase and offered to hold it for her. The man commented on how heavy the suitcase was and asked her what was in it. She obviously wasnt going to say a big dead dog so she said she was a DJ and all her cds were in the suitcase. At the next stop the man legged it with the bag! Can you imagine his face when he opens the suitcase and expects to see hundreds of pounds worth of cds but instead is faced with a dead dog! :D Talk about karma!

Hahaha!! thats feckin classic!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Lunch was good, thanks for asking >.<

Havent got lunch, im updating my diary for my training course, pain in the backside... :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

afternoon all

i dont think DesF is getting any at home. there seems to be a quiet of lot of built up tension and stress today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

irishbird wrote: »
    i dont think DesF is getting any at home. there seems to be a quiet of lot of built up tension and stress today

You're right.

I'm not getting any at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ooooh I love logging on to see a juicy feedback thread. Cheers Des!

DesF wrote: »
    You're right.

I'm not getting any at home

i think you might need to sort that out so, otherwise you might end up with a permanent banning :-)

You want to come over tonight?

err...no sorry, am er........washing my hair :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

err...no sorry, am er........washing my hair :P

If your at a loose end tonight Des you could always get yourself up to the home of football, Oriel... ;)

ibh wrote: »
    If your at a loose end tonight Des you could always get yourself up to the home of football, Oriel... ;)

I work in South County Dublin, no way I'd make it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I work in South County Dublin, no way I'd make it up.

Fair enough Des. Don't worry you catch the excellent coverage on Dundalk FM with Larry & John.:rolleyes:

Have to bust my ass myself to get home for games. Commuting is a pain in the rectum..

Edit: Oh sh!t just realised that you had a bit of agro over in AH earlier. I wasn't suggesting that I would be speeding or driving dangerously..!!!!! *backs away from keyboard*

Edit: Oh sh!t just realised that you had a bit of agro over in AH earlier. I wasn't suggesting that I would be speeding or driving dangerously..!!!!! *backs away from keyboard*

LOL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Must not buy GTA
    Must not buy GTA
    Must not buy GTA
    Must not buy GTA
    Must not buy GTA
    Must not buy GTA
    Must not buy GTA
    Must not buy GTA
    Must not buy GTA
    Must not buy GTA
    Must not buy GTA
    Must not buy GTA
    Must not buy GTA
    Must not buy GTA

lol

:):pac:

• Advertisement

Pheew, just back from the Feedback Thread, the names they are calling Desf, quite shocking! Especially the Mod from The Non Smoking Forum!! :eek:

Boggles wrote: »
    Pheew, just back from the Feedback Thread, the names they are calling Desf, quite shocking! Especially the Mod from The Non Smoking Forum!! :eek:

That's Terry.

I know him.

am hoping you are reporting the post. i dont like people calling desf names:(

am hoping you are reporting the post. i dont like people calling desf names:(

I would but the mob is on the side of the speed racer, no way I'm looking unpopular, I have enough of that here. :(

dont worry Des, i'm on my way over to feedback to stick up for ya!:pac:

has anyone here played that new Bourne game on the xBox 360 yet?

thinking of buying it for my brother/me :D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Oooh I must check out this juicy gossip - read a bit of that AH thread - some idiots in there alright.

I'm trying to think of a good slogan for this - along the lines of Rumble in the Jungle, Killa in Manilla....

Suggestions on a postcard...

dont worry Des, i'm on my way over to feedback to stick up for ya!:pac:

has anyone here played that new Bourne game on the xBox 360 yet?

thinking of buying it for my brother/me :D
    Played the Demo - Meh.

What system has he got?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

The feedback forum always makes me laugh. Its funny, they have "The Thunderdome" for people to go and argue with eachother in, but 99% of the time it ends up in feedback anyway....

I am now making it my ambition to have a thread about myself in feedback within the next 3 months...:D

Eirebear wrote: »
    I am now making it my ambition to have a thread about myself in feedback within the next 3 months...:D

You kind of have to be a mod to get a thread about you in Feedback.

I've never had one about me. :cool:

I'm such a good mod, that's why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Desf = worse than Hitler.

Can one get banned from Feedback?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

You kind of have to be a mod to get a thread about you in Feedback.

I've never had one about me. :cool:

I'm such a good mod, that's why.

Ah right now i get it...its a place to go and call mods names....nice.

Bugger that idea then, i suppose the best i can hope for is a banning!

I didnt see anyone slating des in feedback?!

I had a thread about me in thunderdome before :D fun times-it was moved there from here....think PSI/T4TF was trying it out as a new superthread :)

Liverpool general rumours/discussion 2008
    Manchester Utd general rumours/discussion 2008
    Mr Alan rumours/discussion 2008

:D promise you it'd be busier than the Chelsea,Sundireland and Man City threads anyway! ;)

pvt.joker wrote: »
    Desf = worse than Hitler.

i_see_what_you_did_there.jpg

hitler-cat.jpg

Can one get banned from Feedback?

It's very lightly moderated.

I've only ever known a handful of people banned, one got back in, another is perma-banned.

• Advertisement

Sssshh, your ruining the shít stirring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

ah it's locked. Apparantly people were making up accusations against him :pac:

I had a thread about me in thunderdome before :D fun times-it was moved there from here....think PSI/T4TF was trying it out as a new superthread :)

Liverpool general rumours/discussion 2008
    Manchester Utd general rumours/discussion 2008
    Mr Alan rumours/discussion 2008

:D promise you it'd be busier than the Chelsea,Sundireland and Man City threads anyway! ;)

Al revelling in his e-importance!!

Wat can i say Neil. Some people just "have it" :cool:

And you aren't one of them.

as they say on the Adrian Kennedy phoneshow:

you dont even knnnooooooowwwwww me!

Ah the phoneshow, kept me company when drivin home after study!

as they say on the Adrian Kennedy phoneshow:

you dont even knnnooooooowwwwww me!
    Who's Adrian Kennedy?

poxy late night talk show host on FM104......attracts a fine calibre of knackers in the main.

• Advertisement

poxy late night talk show host on FM104
    I'm surprised you even know what it is, can you not get BBC R4 up on that hill?
    ......attracts a fine calibre of knackers in the main.

Ah, the Bourgeois Mr. Alan looking down on the proles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement