Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Just saw this. I work with a couple of asian lads whose parents chose the names of tehir sons after watching the adams family I think, or for one of them at least. Herman is the first and Herbert is the other and they are the Fung brothers...

Thats harsh.
    Imagine being called after this guy ;);)
    moustache1_450x340.jpg
    Unlucky to say the least !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

First off-

how ****ing good is original Matrix film, just watched the end of it there again on SkyOne. ****ing superb stuff.

Second off-remember this earlier?
    Mr Alan wrote: »
    nightmare afternoon. i'm gonna shoot someone in here today.

well......between 4pm this afternoon and now i have found out the following....

I will be getting a promotion in work,albeit it on a temporary basis in a couple of months for a few months, incl the monetary increase. its only temporary, but it bodes well for the future.

then.....i came home and found out the aul fella had got SkyPlus and all that HD channels and that lark.

then i went to the place where my band practice and

1: wrote a ****ing rasper of a song. that i immediately presented to the band and everything just clicked with it, and we pretty much have it nailed down.
    2: then did a bit of recording of another of our songs which actually sounded ****ing excellent, considering none of us have a clue wat we are doin with any of the recording gear we were using.

dont know why, but i cant get this song out of my head :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

IrishMike wrote: »
    Thats harsh.
    Imagine being called after this guy ;);)

:eek::eek:

I'm named after a greater man than that.
    I'm so deadly, blahdy blah

:rolleyes:

Yeah Al.

Des wrote: »
    Yeah Al.

hahaha, **** that actually made me LOL.

dont try knock me down man, i felt like crying earlier today, now i feel excellent, why would you wanna ruin that for me?! :(WHY!?!?:mad:

i felt like crying earlier today

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    hug_certificate-1.jpg

• Advertisement

this soccer beers should be interesting now i have a "hug voucher" :D

I've changed it slightly.

:D:D:D
    also going to see one of my favourite bands ever on Thurs, not as into them the last few years, but cant wait

Are you drunk?

not at all, only had a couple of beers.....just happy is all :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

I will be getting a promotion in work,albeit it on a temporary basis in a couple of months for a few months, incl the monetary increase. its only temporary, but it bodes well for the future.

then.....i came home and found out the aul fella had got SkyPlus and all that HD channels and that lark.

1: wrote a ****ing rasper of a song. that i immediately presented to the band and everything just clicked with it, and we pretty much have it nailed down.
    2: then did a bit of recording of another of our songs which actually sounded ****ing excellent, considering none of us have a clue wat we are doin with any of the recording gear we were using.

If only Liverpool were playing tonight. We'd probably beat United 10-0, 7 from FT and a hat-trick for Voronin just to rub it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

You play in a band? Like for real? Do you sound like Counting Crows? Do you have Youtube?
    :eek::eek:

Oh my! We should definitely be facebook firends! Itll make us appear to be very popular u know!! :P

Its on my boards.ie profile, just for you :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Xavi6 wrote: »

Mornin, who's that?

Here's a good one from 3 Doors Down

Mornin, who's that?

:eek:

I'll wait for someone else to come on and tell you. Easily their best song too.

:eek:

I'll wait for someone else to come on and tell you. Easily their best song too.

Tell you what Xavi, EVERY single live band I ever saw in Australia had that song as part of their set.

Cracking tune altogether.

I'm named after a greater man than that.

Des kelly carpets?
    dont try knock me down man, i felt like crying earlier today, now i feel excellent, why would you wanna ruin that for me?! :(WHY!?!?:mad:

Reread your post, its pretty self explanatory why someone would !

Tell you what Xavi, EVERY single live band I ever saw in Australia had that song as part of their set.

Cracking tune altogether.

Yeah? None of the ones I've seen have played it. Bastards.

Des kelly carpets?

I really am quite offended.

Do you know who they sponsor?

Anyone gonna enlighten me?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Oh Oh Spaghetti-Oh....

Anyone gonna enlighten me?

A band named after semen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Ive never heard it outside of here, doesnt sound like something Id imagine girls would be to happy about bein called ...."Ye man meet me bint"!

Its a real english word, frequently used on the football365 forums . Quite a derogatory word.

Carry on.

A band named after semen.

That leaves me with many possible options!

pvt.joker wrote: »
    Its a real english word, frequently used on the football365 forums. Quite a derogatory word.

Carry on.

:eek::eek::eek:

Who here reads that drivel!? Al I'm lookin at u! And it sounds derogatory alright!

***Carries on

That leaves me with many possible options!

It's Pearl Jam, how did you NOT know that?

Bint

;)

Who here reads that drivel!? Al I'm lookin at u! And it sounds derogatory alright!

***Carries on

I can safely assure you that i have never been anywhere near a football 365 forum.

Neil, you should know me better than that:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

***Carries on

I read it , it's a laugh. Some of the wind ups and stuff they get up to is pretty funny :D

• Advertisement

Xavi - I'm headin to a Powderfinger concert in Dublin on Friday. Listen to them much over there?

GuanYin wrote: »
    You play in a band? Like for real? Do you sound like Counting Crows? Do you have Youtube?

yep. used to just be a bit of fun. taking it more seriously now though. should have songs up online and stuff on youtube soon. I'll let you know when we do. and not sure about sounding like counting crows.

have you gone to see them yet actually?

yep. used to just be a bit of fun. taking it more seriously now though. should have songs up online and stuff on youtube soon. I'll let you know when we do. and not sure about sounding like counting crows.

have you gone to see them yet actually?

Do you sound like ronan keating?

Pete Murray.

Great Singer Songwriter from Australia, Al I reckon you might like this fella.

I love this song, "Better Days"

And this one is called "Opportunity"

Do you sound like ronan keating?

exactly like.

Des, cant check out them links in work, will do tonight though. you never responded to my PM by the way!

you never responded to my PM by the way!

:confused:

• Advertisement

It's Pearl Jam, how did you NOT know that?

Bint

Ah yes, it was annoyin me seeing as I knew Id heard it before. :o

Thats embarrassing, my only solace is that i listened to the video but didnt watch it. Still, I must consider myself less of a PJ fan for a few days after that howler.:mad:

Im not really at the races today at all, shouldnt really be in work, thumpin headache:(

Mr Alan wrote:
    I can safely assure you that i have never been anywhere near a football 365 forum.

Neil, you should know me better than that

well u were the 1st I noticed usin the word bint!

you never responded to my PM by the way!

He's not the only one!! :P

Thats embarrassing, my only solace is that i listened to the video but didnt watch it.

I didn't recognise Eddie Vedder in the video tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Morning homies.

Sherifu wrote: »
    Morning homies.

Word.

• Advertisement

He's not the only one!! :P

what did you PM me about?

I didn't recognise Eddie Vedder in the video tbh.

He looks very different doesnt he. Still though, sloppy seeing as I listen to a lot of PJ and have seen em live :o:o

what did you PM me about?

Ah it was ages ago! You asked me to PM ya on some thread or other and I did, and nothing! Ive learned to deal with it!! :pac::pac::pac:

GuanYin wrote: »
    Its on my boards.ie profile, just for you :p

U want an add on MSN or is that your facebook email also?! :pac::P

Just for me? How sweet! :D

Xavi - I'm headin to a Powderfinger concert in Dublin on Friday. Listen to them much over there?

Meh bits and pieces. Wouldn't call myself a fan by any means but they have some good tunes. 'Lost and Running' and 'These Days' are probably my favs.

Meh bits and pieces. Wouldn't call myself a fan by any means but they have some good tunes. 'Lost and Running' and 'These Days' are probably my favs.
    'My Happiness' is one of their older ones and probably most popular too.

Yeah forgot about that. Good tune as well.

I'm by no means a Big Brother fan but tonight Pamela Anderson is going into the house here tonight! :eek:

Yep the real Pammy is going in for three days. Imagine - you've been in there for 9 weeks without a **** and she walks in!!!

I'm by no means a Big Brother fan but tonight Pamela Anderson is going into the house here tonight! :eek:

Yep the real Pammy is going in for three days. Imagine - you've been in there for 9 weeks without a **** and she walks in!!!

They were talkin about her on the radio this mornin, apparently her tits are startin to sag cos she sunbathes so often that her implants have been made soft and surgeons say they wont be able to repair them Surely a new pair of fake t1ts would do it......

i wanna kow how these things come into the public domain!!

Have to say her tits look superb from where I'm sitting.

So hot for 41. Bring on the Hep C.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement