Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

Mr Alan wrote: »
    you out the southside?

couldnt handle all the snoots tbh.

Sandyford. Surely you'd be used to it bein in Howth!? :pac::pac:

Its not too bad, its better than that busy unnamed street beside the other place, full of Kappa tracksuits!

GuanYin wrote: »
    She is much prettier as a blonde, that hair doesn't suit her at all.

I currently have 3 facebook friends. I'm very selective.

i disagree, she looks unreal in that pic!!

Hmmm, im gonna throw u a request now, I handle rejection of all kinds well so I dont expect an acceptance!! :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I handle rejection of all kinds well so I dont expect an acceptance!! :pac::pac:

I predict that this is a trait that will serve you well in the near future.

Right Im outties, gonna watch "Run Fatboy Run", hope its good!!

I predict that is a trait that will serve you well in the near future.

Its a trait that serves me well in everything!

Don't worry!! Im not gonna add u..................yet!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Two Britons are facing possible jail sentences in Dubai after being caught having sex on a beach.

Publishing assistant Michelle Palmer, 30, and a visiting British man were arrested after allegedly being found in a clinch on Jumeirah beach following an afternoon of drinking.

The man, named locally as "Vince" met Ms Palmer at a party while he was staying with one of her colleagues from the Middle Eastern publishing company ITP.

Their arrests come amid a crackdown on "indecent" sunbathing and public kissing in Dubai, part of the United Arab Emirates.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/dubai/2275123/British-couple-arrested-in-Dubai-over-sex-on-the-beach.html

Oh my! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Estie is hilarious. fact.
    link?
    irish women=bowlers (99% of the time)

Dude, thin ice there pal, thin fricking ice.
    came to that conclusion on the DART on the way home tonight.
    Luas ftw, southside. Grafton street in the sun.

Oh yes.
    havent seen the new season yet, may buy a few box sets....as i said, only watch the odd episode.
    I watched it religiously in Australia, and have only been catching up lately. But it's brilliant.
    Sandyford.
    Where in Sandyford, I work there too. I get off the Luas at Stillorgan. Say hi if you see me.

Is anyone here fluent in Gaelic? Like really fluent, would know medical terms?

Is anyone here fluent in Gaelic?
    Irish. It's called Irish.
    Like really fluent, would know medical terms?

lol

Just stick a cúpla (that means "couple of") fadas á é í ó ú on random english words, should do you grand, it's what is done here if there isn't an actual Irish word for a thing.

Or just mess with the spellings a bit.

For example.

Lemonade - Liomanáid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Google is your friend, e.g. http://www.englishirishdictionary.com/dictionary

I was going to crack a joke, but could be inappropriate

Villain wrote: »
    I was going to crack a joke, but could be inappropriate

Crack it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Nah I never like jokes when people are talking about medical things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

People spoke of House earlier. Best most addictive show ever! Working my way through it, have watched the first 2 and a half seasons in under 3 weeks. Think i should cut down a bit though, finding the eps a little formulaic at the mo, can tell whats gonna happen just by what minute its at. About halfway through they always 'know' what the problem is, then another 5mins later they find they're wrong with disastrous consequences, then with 5 to 10 mins left, house is talking to someone else, they say something and he's about to make a witty retort when whatever they've said reminds him of something and they find the real problem and cure.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    About halfway through they always 'know' what the problem is.

its never lupus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Dont think i could ever visit there t b h. No drinking. And no riding english birds on a beach. Whats else is a lad meant to do on holidays eh?!

Des wrote: »
    Where in Sandyford, I work there too. I get off the Luas at Stillorgan. Say hi if you see me.

Haha no way, I work up on carmanhall road, just up from the station, i drive to work though so i dont venture down luas way other than the odd lunchtime wander!! Whereabouts are you?!

If i see you i most certainly will say hi!

Haha no way, I work up on carmanhall road, just up from the station, i drive to work though so i dont venture down luas way other than the odd lunchtime wander!! Whereabouts are you?!

If i see you i most certainly will say hi!

I'm on Bracken Rd, in the HSBC building.

where do you drive from.

Carpool ftw.

hes the wrong side of the river Des, watch out!

Irish. It's called Irish.
    Whats the difference :p
    its never lupus

Is that a joke the populus is supposed to get or did someone actually eliminate lupus and not tell me.

I'm on Bracken Rd, in the HSBC building.

where do you drive from.

Carpool ftw.

Bracken Road, im drawin a blank, is that near the beacon? Im not particularly observant of my surroundings other than there are too many cranes! Im in the next building just after spar on the road directly adjacent to the luas stop. I turn in just before the spar!

I live in a hybrid of Glenageary/Killiney/Dun Laoghaire, none of those places accept where I live as in that area so I live in Dun Killageary!

Its great, M50 means I leave the house at half 8 and Im in by 9 (later atm cos those pesky kids arent in school so nobodies on the roads!! :))

Where do u travel from?!

• Advertisement

Whats the difference :p

Gaelic = Latino/Basque/Gallic (when describing people)

Irish = Spanish/French/Italian (when describing a language)

Gaelic is also a sport which is enjoyable to watch but has poorly defined rules!

Is that a joke the populus is supposed to get or did someone actually eliminate lupus and not tell me.

see the behind the scenes in this Wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finding_Judas

Bracken Road, im drawin a blank, is that near the beacon?
    Yep, past the spar, turn right, then left, then right.
    Im not particularly observant of my surroundings other than there are too many cranes! Im in the next building just after spar on the road directly adjacent to the luas stop. I turn in just before the spar!
    The new spar, that doesn't sell Camels, the batards.

Its great, M50 means I leave the house at half 8 and Im in by 9 (later atm cos those pesky kids arent in school so nobodies on the roads!! :))
    I usually start at 8.30, but I'm stalking you tomorrow.

Where do u travel from?!

Kyew-lock.

You wouldn't want a ruffian like me in your beemer I'd say.

Yep, past the spar, turn right, then left, then right.
    Ah yes, i drive that way in the mornings!
    Des wrote:
    The new spar, that doesn't sell Camels, the batards.

Smoking is very bad for you.
    Des wrote:
    I usually start at 8.30, but I'm stalking you tomorrow.

I get my results in the mroning so i mite be in early!! :pac::pac:

Dont taalk to me if Im with someone as your saying "Im that guy Des u spend your days wasting time shootin the sh1t with online when you're meant to be workin" will out me for my complete lack of work during the average day!

Des wrote:
    Kyew-lock.

You wouldn't want a ruffian like me in your beemer I'd say.

Ford focus, snot green, usually some form of guitar music audible, cant miss it!! Beemer....on a trainee salary Des! I can barely afford petrol!:cool::cool:

Gaelic is also a sport which is enjoyable to watch

:mad:

Bog-wrestling tbh.

:mad:

Bog-wrestling tbh.

Hate the org not the sport Des! They need to sort the shaggin rules out though.

• Advertisement

the shaggin rules

:eek:

Have you seen the state of the "lady" bogballers?

I'd rather not.

Strappin' lasses.

C'mon Straylya in the compromise rules tbh!

Bed now.

Goodnight fellas and ladies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

pvt.joker wrote: »
    Dont think i could ever visit there t b h. No drinking. And no riding english birds on a beach. Whats else is a lad meant to do on holidays eh?!

Dubai does seem like quite a craic-free place alright, though i'm kind of tempted to go over teaching snowboarding in their indoor snowdome place for 6 months or so. It'd be a bit of a nightmare of a job (an indoor slope like that compared to an actual mountain is like a swimmer being force to only use a kids paddling pool), BUT apparantly they pay ridiculous ridiculous money for qualified instructors to go there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

its never lupus

Lol I actually had to wiki lupus cause it was being mentioned in every episode and I hadn't a fucking clue what it was!!!

Fantastic show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Just testing to see if this gif works

3.gif

Edit: Excellant, it does. I will get great use out of this in some threads.

Lol brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

melissa405.jpg

=

3.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Gaelic is also a sport which is enjoyable to watch but has poorly defined rules!

It's not that they're poorly defined, it's just that there's not very many of them!

If it's poorly defined rules you're after Aussie Rules is the way to go.

OK I'm so pissed.

I play on a co-ed team as a favor to a friend of mine. They suck, which would be ok if they didn't have such bad attitudes. I played up front and scored the one time I got a play from a team mate.

The rest of the game, they passed to the guy up front with me, everytime, no matter how bad his position and how good mine. Even though I'm much faster and fitter than him (I'm also ten years younger and have played at a higher level). He, by the way, is a nutcase who spent the weekend in prison because he got drunk and shouted at his ex wife.

On top of that I have this bitch on the wing giving me sass the whole game. Aghhhh!

We lost 3-1 and I've scored their only goals (5 of them) this season. I don't think I'll be playing for them again

/rant

melissa405.jpg

=

3.gif

I was wondering why there was a makeup shortage in the western world.

OK I'm so pissed.

I play on a co-ed team as a favor to a friend of mine. They suck, which would be ok if they didn't have such bad attitudes. I played up front and scored the one time I got a play from a team mate.

The rest of the game, they passed to the guy up front with me, everytime, no matter how bad his position and how good mine. Even though I'm much faster and fitter than him (I'm also ten years younger and have played at a higher level). He, by the way, is a nutcase who spent the weekend in prison because he got drunk and shouted at his ex wife.

On top of that I have this bitch on the wing giving me sass the whole game. Aghhhh!

We lost 3-1 and I've scored their only goals (5 of them) this season. I don't think I'll be playing for them again

/rant

Firstly, not the sort of company I'd like to be keeping for a social game of ball. Boardeaux doesn't even have that amount of hooligans!

Secondly, if you're not going to play for them again you should really go out on a high i.e. show up for more game abuse the absolute fuck out of them every time they either don't give you the ball or make a hash of things. Vent that frustration!

And thirdly, you leave Melissa alone!!! She's stunner.

Nah, I just sent my friend a mail and said I won't be playing and why.

As for Melissa, she looks like she sucked a lemon before she painted her face.

I dunno, the standards on this forum are dropping by the minute, I may need to re-educate you all.

I'm open to a bit of re-education. Let us critique your finest offerings.

Oh, favour to ask, can you sticky this thread?

And maybe de-capitalise the title? (Sorry, pet hate of mine)

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I'm open to a bit of re-education. Let us critique your finest offerings.

There are 3 beautiful women in the media right now:

Megan Fox
    Zhang Ziyi
    Hayden Panettiere

There isn't a woman alive who doesn't tingle with envy when they see those girls.
    Oh, favour to ask, can you sticky this thread?

And maybe de-capitalise the title? (Sorry, pet hate of mine)
    Done :)

Had to google Zhang Ziyi and yeah she's not bad (had feckin Safe Search turned off by mistake so got boobies and all). A massive +1 to the other two. Megan Fox bent over that car in Transformers......I shall say no more. And kudos to Hayden for putting cheerleaders back in the public eye.

My current flavour of the month though is Sophia Bush. Gorgeous.

P.S. Cheers for the sticky!*

*No not that way, before some smart arse (i.e. Des, Al or Neil) logs on in work and attempts a 'joke'.

My current flavour of the month though is Sophia Bush. Gorgeous.

She is bland. Why do guys go for these make up manifestations that need a 1000 dollar an hour stylist to look good.

I think that is the difference between guys and girls (and why girls are referred to as bitchy). Girls see natural beauty, guys go for fake and shallow glamor.

• Advertisement

Wow I would never have described Sophia Bush as 'bland'. I would've thought she is the kind of girl that doesn't need work to look stunning. Each to their own and all that but I'd have her in the 'naturally good looking' section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Firstly, not the sort of company I'd like to be keeping for a social game of ball. Boardeaux doesn't even have that amount of hooligans!
    I dono about that neil ! Things have slipped a lot since you left,des has let all sorts in these days :p

pvt.joker wrote: »
    I dono about that neil ! Things have slipped a lot since you left,des has let all sorts in these days :p

Lol true. Must be a fair few soccer bans between the lot of ye with the odd perma ban thrown in ;)

Wow I would never have described Sophia Bush as 'bland'. I would've thought she is the kind of girl that doesn't need work to look stunning. Each to their own and all that but I'd have her in the 'naturally good looking' section.

Maybe I'm harsh. Find me a photo of her withno makeup. That is how I judge.

Maybe I'm harsh. Find me a photo of her withno makeup. That is how I judge.

Oh hold on til I dig out the one I took of her first thing this morning.

Seriously, any pic you find on the internet will have them in makeup, same goes for the three you categorised as being the epitomy of woman kind.

Actually nope, I've seen photos of the three of them without makeup. I tend to ignore photoshoots. I'm convinced thats why girls read those trashy celebrity magazines, to see what they all really look like.

Well my opinion on Sophia still stands. I honestly haven't seen her look 'bad'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Ah, the French news presenter, she's always welcome in here.

P.S. Cheers for the sticky!*

*No not that way, before some smart arse (i.e. Des, Al or Neil) logs on in work and attempts a 'joke'.

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee??!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

I'm convinced thats why girls read those trashy celebrity magazines, to see what they all really look like.

Or maybe cos they've nothing better in their lives to do than to read about other people?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement