Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

actually now that i try and move about I actually dont feel as bad as I thought, was drinking with a load of Aussies til early in the morning when my bro came back from work in a bar nearby and joined in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Des wrote: »
    :(:(:(

Got made redundant yesterday.

Welcome back to the 80s folks

alf11.jpg

As with others, sorry to hear it. I got the same a few years back and it wasnt fun at the time. Looking back now though things have worked out well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Feeling fresh and well for once on a Saturday morning. Great feeling lads, ye should give up the beer :D
    Off to the gym now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

hopefully it turns out to be a blessing in disguise for you and as you say you get something closer to home for a better wage.

now off to see if those Aussies want a curer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

6th wrote: »
    As with others, sorry to hear it.
    Thank you 6th.
    pvt.joker wrote: »
    ye should give up the beer
    GTFO
    now off to see if those Aussies want a curer

They will.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

As 6th said, one door closes and another will open. I'm sure you'll be grand either way.

I'm sure the redundancy would get yourself and the missus a trip over here for a few weeks. I've a spare room goin! :pac:

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I'm sure the redundancy would get yourself and the missus a trip over here for a few weeks. I've a spare room goin! :pac:

Don't be giving her ideas.

I had a midweek break to Mullingar planned tbh.

Don't be giving her ideas.

Lol PM sent :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Good luck with the job hunting Des.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Sorry to hear that Des. Hopefully something will crop up for you soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

6th wrote: »
    I got the same a few years back and it wasnt fun at the time.

I think we all felt the brunt of the great circus freak industry collapse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Unlucky Des, better things ahead i'm sure anyway.

Sorry to hear about that Des. U know what they say though, one door closes another one opens. Best of luck.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Went to Powderfinger in an absolutely packed Academy last night - great wee venue packed with Aussies too. Great gig followed by pints in some posh pub south of the river that I barely remember much of - Dakota I think it's called. Full of pretentious a-holes if you ask me but plenty of eye candy nonetheless - can't have it all I suppose.

That sucks dude - hard luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

GuanYin wrote: »
    Flight of the Conchords rock. Listening to the album right now, hillarious stuff.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

this is an excellent song-great title for a song too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Sorry to hear about that Des,

The flight of the conchords are class. Rhymenecoros versus the Hiphopopatamus is the business.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

• Advertisement

2 more goals and 2 assists today, which brings me stats to 16 goals and 12 assists on 18 games (all leagues). Wooohooo

On the downside my friend gott drunk and went weirdo tonight.

Did the friend drop the hand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Sherifu wrote: »
    Did the friend drop the hand?
    On Psi ? Bloody hell, what's wrong with you girl. Anyway, todays plan, cut the boys hair, cut the grass, cut some trees. May get half cut while I am at it.

2 more goals and 2 assists today, which brings me stats to 16 goals and 12 assists on 18 games (all leagues). Wooohooo
    I thought you weren't playing anymore! :D
    On the downside my friend gott drunk and went weirdo tonight.

Same friend?

I thought you weren't playing anymore! :D
    I play on three different teams. I won't be going back to the team I complained about.
    Same friend?
    Yeah :(

In retrospect a few of my friends were weirdo last night.

Maybe it's YOU who's the weird one :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I was just thinking today why the hell did our ancestors settle in Ireland?

I like the place and all, but what was the draw factor? Same with Russia....what were they thinking?

They may have started here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I wonder what proto D4 was like. I've this wonderful image of a cave-man with blonde highlights in his hair. And a designer club.

Ireland had food water and was probably empty of scary people. ;)

Well I certainly feel ill now.

• Advertisement

Xavi, I know a friend of yours quite well. small small small world.

edit: actually, scratch that- i know one friend of yours quite well, and another one very very very very well! wtf?!

Name and shame Al

Maybe it's YOU who's the weird one :P

At least I was sober.

Name and shame Al

Kev Egan, i went to school with for 6 years.

And Olwyn Mc Conkey, lives in Howth and is best friends with a couple of my closest friends.

as i said, weird.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Kev Egan, i went to school with for 6 years.

And Olwyn Mc Conkey, lives in Howth and is best friends with a couple of my closest friends.

as i said, weird.

You know Kev? Jeez small world. He's my best mate from college. Did the J1 together and he was over here with me for a while last year. Only textin him yesterday!

Met Ollie over the States randomly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Lads get a room for crying out loud.
    ;)

2 weeks without a drink, damn proud of myself, have a wedding this weekend though and ill probably drink enough for a month at it :(

When I got paid at the end of June I distinctly remember saying "have to have a quiet month this month and save for my hols". So far out of the two weekends in July I've spent one on the piss in Dingle and then went out Friday and Saturday night just gone.

Disaster.

IrishMike wrote: »
    Lads get a room for crying out loud.
    ;)

2 weeks without a drink, damn proud of myself, have a wedding this weekend though and ill probably drink enough for a month at it :(

you ****ing wish you knew Kev Egan.

you ****ing wish you knew Kev Egan.

You ****ing wish you knew fernando torres!

Kev Egan is nothing to me, NOTHING!:P

Just got back from an epic indoor game!

I man marked their best player from the first minute and didn't give him a sniff all game. He got thick inside almost immediately cause he didn't like my physical tackles. He was wearing a Boro shirt, I was wearing City shorts and socks so his only retort was '8-1'. I walked up, laughed in his face and asked him where Boro finished last season. That didn't go down well. About 2 minutes later I blocked another of his shots and passed the ball back to our keeper. The fucker proceeded to lash out at my shins and landed a corker on me. Swelled up straight away. The ref gave a free and nothing else saying "We were both at it." Game continued with me gettin the ball off him every time he touched it and calling him shite every time I ran past. Easy 9-5 win. One of our boys was takin a piss after the game when your man walked into the jacks and started kickin the walls and throwin his jersey around the place. Oh how I lolled!

The icepack that's now on my leg was so worth it! :D

• Advertisement

Didn't City get something for FIFA fair play last season? I see that hasn't worn off on you Xavi.

this thread is turning in to the "how great i am at the football thing" thread.

GuanYin and and Xavi. tut tut.

Didn't City get something for FIFA fair play last season? I see that hasn't worn off on you Xavi.

:D Yep Intertoto this Thursday.

He started it anyway and I didn't give away a single free all game. Innocent I am.

Just cause you're shite :rolleyes: :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

:D Yep Intertoto this Thursday.

He started it anyway and I didn't give away a single free all game. Innocent I am.

Just cause you're shite :rolleyes: :p

Was it an Aussie or an Irish bloke?

Hear them Aussies have very short fuses :D

Afternoon lads, havin a howler in work today, my voice is horrendously hoarse so I cant talk and I had to break the ol exam results to the boss......good times!! Goin straight home, hop into bed, pop a dvd in the machine and then fall asleep after!

Shouldnt there be a separate thread for "I played football with my mates today and scored 10 goals" type posts seein as this is OFF TOPIC!?!?!?! :p

This week I saw the ball, twice!

pvt.joker wrote: »
    Was it an Aussie or an Irish bloke?

Hear them Aussies have very short fuses :D

Nah this lad was English. Had the bleached blond spikey hair, the fake diamond earrings, the ******y run etc. First guy I always target in a game!

Just got back from an epic indoor game!

I man marked their best player from the first minute and didn't give him a sniff all game. He got thick inside almost immediately cause he didn't like my physical tackles. He was wearing a Boro shirt, I was wearing City shorts and socks so his only retort was '8-1'. I walked up, laughed in his face and asked him where Boro finished last season. That didn't go down well. About 2 minutes later I blocked another of his shots and passed the ball back to our keeper. The fucker proceeded to lash out at my shins and landed a corker on me. Swelled up straight away. The ref gave a free and nothing else saying "We were both at it." Game continued with me gettin the ball off him every time he touched it and calling him shite every time I ran past. Easy 9-5 win. One of our boys was takin a piss after the game when your man walked into the jacks and started kickin the walls and throwin his jersey around the place. Oh how I lolled!

The icepack that's now on my leg was so worth it! :D

You_rock__you_rule_by_I_know_my_abc.jpg

woohoo we're famous!!!!!
    OFF TOPIC: There is an Off Topic thread for off topic posting, use it. Off topic posts in soccer discussion threads will be edited, closed or moved to the Recycle Bin without warning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Surprised this hasnt been made a stickey under the new rules/layout.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement