Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Podcasts

Options
  • 12-03-2008 7:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭

decided to listen to them (expected not to like them) but listened to 2 of them, and now i want more.
    loving the podcasts, make more my fellow boardsies :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Where do you get these podcasts?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Yeah I'm up for more, might record one with monkeyfudge t his week if he's up for it?

excellent,i think theyre great, i just put on my headphones and let them play while i was surfing.
    i loved the concept of the whats new in boards, the brief look through what are the big or interesting threads of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yeah had a listen to the pubcast in work earlier. Very well done.

Maybe get one out for the next BGRH night or down to one of the Boardeaux games.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I have a podcast that is completely unedited sitting on my hard drive from late 2006. I keep meaning to change it to mp3 format and send it to Cloud.

EDIT: Myself and Shabadu think we could possibly do a cross-Atlantic podcast through Skype but we need to mess around with it a bit first though.

I have a podcast that is completely unedited sitting on my hard drive from late 2006. I keep meaning to change it to mp3 format and send it to Cloud.
    do it!!

oh, and ps....
    make more with shabadu.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

On the subject of "round ups", I've been thinking about resurrecting, Don't Need To Know (a newsletter thingie I used to write for boards), to highlight news from boards and also various meme stuff from around the internet, dumb/cool stuff and what have you.

Podcast might be a cool idea too, but I don't think I could maintain one long term but if someone else was doing one I'd be happy to do something to help.

DeV.

i'd volunteer except the team effort on the podcasts already up seems to work well and i dont know any boardsies IRL (except those i invited). :(

Was looking at the news letter last night on the Biki, thats a nice idea too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

nerin wrote: »
    i'd volunteer except the team effort on the podcasts already up seems to work well and i dont know any boardsies IRL (except those i invited). :(

If it worked well we'd be doing them more often. As it stands it can be tough getting a bunch of people together.

But I'm more than happy make some time over the weekend to do a new one if yourself and 6th are interested. I have access to a radio studio.

And I'm be sure to bring my portable MP3 recorder along on the next BGRH night...

Actually.. a few of us are doing the pirate treasure hunt this Saturday in Dublin... might have a go at recording that little adventure.

• Advertisement

would some sort of interweb tele conferencing produce good enough quality sound?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

nerin wrote: »
    would some sort of interweb tele conferencing produce good enough quality sound?
    Many of the podcasts I listen to frequently use Skype or something similar to record podcasts, so its definitely possible.

hmmm that'd be handy would it not,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I'd be up for doing this as well...

Huzzah! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

DeVore wrote: »
    On the subject of "round ups", I've been thinking about resurrecting, Don't Need To Know (a newsletter thingie I used to write for boards), to highlight news from boards and also various meme stuff from around the internet, dumb/cool stuff and what have you.
    If you decide to do the newsletter publication, I'll be interested in helping with that either in a small way or big way.

~NevF

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Had a listen to the Pubcast, pretty good :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I love the podcasts and listening to them and the various accents makes me miss home...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Listened to them a few months ago, good stuff.

+ + +

[random pacman overuse] :pac::pac::pac: [/random pacman overuse]

Advertisement