Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sallins by-Pass

• 12-03-2008 10:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

Hi,

A couple of months ago there was a lot of talk about the Sallins by-pass. We were asked to make our recommendation for the route and put in any complaints before a certain date.

Since then I have heard nothing about which route was chosen or when development is going to start.

Does anyone have any news on this?

Cheers
    Nedd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I heard rumour a while back that it wasn't happening.

But that was only rumour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MLE2008

What are all the roadworks at Bodenstown about if there's no bypass. I drove by today, inside the hedge to the lef tof Sallins is all ready to drive - can't think what else it would be if not the bypass???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Road straightening and widening - and possibly preperations for a future bypass. From plans I saw a long time ago, it was due to join the main road around there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭nedd

from what i have been able to piece together from info on-line, it looks like the by-pass is going from the bodenstown, around sallins on the castlesize side, but not through the estate.

i was hoping someone else had heard some more info that was a little more solid than what i have been able to find.

on a different point, i live in the Sallin Park estate and has anyone heard anything about houses going in the field behind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭fireplace1982

i heard a rake of council houses are going in beside sallins park

• Advertisement
Advertisement