Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rover alarm/immob bypass ??

Options
  • 12-03-2008 10:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭

Anyknow how to do this ??

mate got a rover 218 and the immob is stopping it running.
    I tryed everything i know but it still won't start... Rang a few garages and its gonna cost 75 to get a mechanic out then another few euros on top to force the immob to start !

Any help would be of much use.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

S.I.R wrote: »
    Anyknow how to do this ??

mate got a rover 218 and the immob is stopping it running.
    I tryed everything i know but it still won't start... Rang a few garages and its gonna cost 75 to get a mechanic out then another few euros on top to force the immob to start !

Any help would be of much use.

The only help I can offer is to try the Key Access Code (K.A.C), it is normally in the manual. I have an old 414 Rover as a run around & I've had these problems as well.

The other problem, my mechanic told me, was that the immobiliser may kick in permanately after a certain amount of use of the K.A.C. as it thinks it is being tampered with. Then it is a new fob etc. They are a pain.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

i know , ill just rip outthe alarm and immob , and sit in a new re-programmed one so it'll stopthis problem comming again...

Cheers anyways.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

the alarm and immobiliser on them is complicated system, its linked into the ECU and would cost you a fortune to switch out.,
    as mentioned theres a code for them and you just input it with turns of the key on and off., you can get a spare alarm fob over the internet and have it programmed to the car.,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

If its the factory immoboliser, a Lucas 5AS, he would have gotten a 4 digit pin with the car (should be written in the handbook). There is a procedure which is in the manual on how to over-ride the immob using key turns in the drivers door

Had to do it a few times myself

Ps. You dont say what year Rover, the Lucas 5AS was only introduced from 1996 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Is it factory or aftermarket alarm?

• Advertisement
Advertisement