Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max Payne Movie

Options
  • 12-03-2008 10:54am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ya, as most of you know, theres a Max Payne movie in the works. You'd think it would be one of the few game-movie conversions that might work. Well, i dont mind Mark Wahlberg as Max, but now they've ****ed it up...Apparently, Mila Kunis is to play Mona Sax...for **** sake. Jackie in 'That 70's Show' to play one of the most badass women in computer games. Fan-****ing-tastic.

http://kotaku.com/366025/mila-kunis-joins-max-payne-cast

If they manage to butcher one of my favourite games ever, i will not be happy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Blk150

Cant wait if there is a movie.The game is one of my all time favs :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,594 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

To be fair, the story in Max Payne was always a bit... ... how can I put it? Overwrought. Hammy. I always thought it was parodying those old 70s hard-boiled cop movies; I didn't think it needed a movie adaptation - it'll be a movie of a spoof of a genre. Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Get it.

As in she would.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The story in both max payne movies was pure crud and mona sax might as well have been a cardboard cut out with the amount of character she had.

Not interested in seeing this at all considering the games bores after an hour when you realise that you are just repeating the same thing over and over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

God, it's not Uwe Boll directing, is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Strange, especially seems as many of the scenes in Max Payne are taken from movies anyway!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Sin city reminded me a lot of max payne....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

chamlis wrote: »

That was my first thought too
    I guess we can't have a game-movie conversion without cringing because of that man.

I just don't understand why movie companies keep throwing money at him to make absolute cack. Unless I'm missing something...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Some kind of tax loophole in Germany apparently.

http://www.cinemablend.com/features/Uwe-Boll-Money-For-Nothing-209.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

In Uwe Boll's case he doesn't care if it's crap because he usually makes good money out of the die hard fans. I wouldn't call it crap to his face though cause he'll beat you up!

I didn't think the story in the Max payne's were that bad, but I heard the script is nothing like the game, Mona Sax's sister gets killed or something stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Not every game made into a movie was rubbish

-Mortal Kombat Films
    -Resident Evil films
    -Street Fighter films
    -The first Tomb Raider movie
    -Doom
    -Mario (When you were a kid)
    -Hitman

There's also loads new films coming out...like

Gears Of War :D Bioshock:D Far Cry:pac: Metal Gear Solid :eek: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Praetorian wrote: »
    I heard the script is nothing like the game, Mona Sax's sister gets killed or something stupid.
    So, pretty much exactly like the end of the 1st game then :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,972 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    Not every game made into a movie was rubbish

-Mortal Kombat Films
    -Resident Evil films
    -Street Fighter films
    -The first Tomb Raider movie
    -Doom
    -Mario (When you were a kid)
    -Hitman

I really hope you're joking.

Mortal Kombat films are total kack, seriously bad. As an easy to please 11 year old in 1995, I even thought they were bad then.

I watched one RE film recently as I'd heard they were actually meant to be decent. Again, god awful. I was lied to.

The Street Fighter film was one of the worst thing I've ever seen. Van Damme? Kylie Minogue? I still shudder at the thought.

Tomb Raider,Doom, Mario... You really thought they were good? :eek:

The only videogame based films I can remember seeing which weren't half bad were Silent Hill and some animated versions, like the animated Street Fighter. Everything else I've seen has been terrible. It's actually gotten to the point where I'm starting to think film studios are doing it on purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

-Mortal Kombat Films ****e
    -Resident Evil films good
    -Street Fighter films ****e
    -The first Tomb Raider movie good
    -Doom good
    -Mario (When you were a kid) ****e
    -Hitman good

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kazu wrote: »
    Resident Evil films good
    The first Tomb Raider movie good
    -Doom good
    -Hitman good

Hold ****ing on a minute. Doctor we need an injection of taste stat!

The only videogame adapton I've ever seen that was worth watching was Silent Hill and even that eas only worth watching because the visuals were perfect. The script was absolute rubbish.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,594 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Doom was a poor, poor movie. Notwithstanding the threadbare relation with the "plot" of the game, the movie itself was just so outstandingly generic, it didn't even have amusing gore and / or humour to paper over the blandness

The Street Fighter Anime and Silent Hill. That's it.

I did enjoy the first Mortal Kombat movie in a "so bad, it's good" kind of way though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

every game to film has been terrible, hitman mildy gave us hope, other then that, all ...rubbish

every...single...one

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

-Mortal Kombat Films - sh|te
    -Resident Evil films - sh|te
    -Street Fighter films Good laugh
    -The first Tomb Raider movie - nice
    -Doom - such a f**king disappointed. It being on mars was the only really common thing it had.
    -Mario (When you were a kid) - good laugh
    -Hitman - most excellent (VD would have caused this to be STV)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

chamlis wrote: »

Nope, its John Moore. Very good Irish director responsible for Behind Enemy Lines, Flight of the Phoenix and The Omen '06.

Funnily enough, part of the reason Doom didnt work was that another Irish director was at the helm untill halfway through the shoot when he had to retire from it due to some spectacular self inflicted antics. Cant remember who took it over but it suffered due to the switch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

saw it being shot in toronto a few weeks ago.
    didnt realise it was max payne...
    max in a car, with the russian lad i believe, a couple of new york taxis driving behind it.
    authentic or wha?
    between that and seeing a really famous street in toronto in the new hulk movie trailer...
    ah jesus, lads are ya even tryin'?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I remember seeing a video gae movie and being suprised by how good it was, can't remember the name of it.
    Every other game movie has been rubbish, anyone remember Wing Commander? :rolleyes:

Advertisement