Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why people don't see cyclists

Options
  • 12-03-2008 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭

try this test, it's fun.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,976 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Lol.
    The bear should have been wearing lights and a hi-viz :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Superb.
    niceonetom wrote: »
    try this test, it's fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Outstanding, ingenious, superb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ruprect

Theres a few videos around with the same idea, one with the exact same thing going on.

http://www.wjh.harvard.edu/~cfc/Simons1999.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

And I thought they just hate but now I know they are looking for the moon walking bear and not for me and my bike

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

:D genius. Ken Livingstone for Dublin mayor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Brilliant! going in the sig, i suggest others do it too for when you post in other forums, its very effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

oobydooby wrote: »
    :D genius. Ken Livingstone for Dublin mayor

i prefer boris johnson's stance on bicycle thievery.
    noblestee wrote: »
    Brilliant! going in the sig, i suggest others do it too for when you post in other forums, its very effective.

good idee.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭marceldesailly

good timing on this...i got knocked down yesterday. and the driver said something along the lines of "where did you come from" AND " I was watching the signs". :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

That was really good.

good timing on this...i got knocked down yesterday. and the driver said something along the lines of "where did you come from" AND " I was watching the signs". :rolleyes:

ha, yeah i got knocked down about 3 weeks ago.

"sorry mate, i didnt see you"

I was so angry i was tempted to kick the wing mirrors off the car.

"sorry mate, but you dont use em anyway"

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

Excellent !!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

noblestee wrote: »
    ha, yeah i got knocked down about 3 weeks ago.

"sorry mate, i didnt see you"

I was so angry i was tempted to kick the wing mirrors off the car.

"sorry mate, but you dont use em anyway"
    Yeah, I feel the same about indicators at roundabouts. Had 2 cars pulled up taking over the entire cycletrack on the N11 a few weeks ago, first I just passed. Second wasn't getting away with it :D I got up to and hammered the absolute **** out of the passenger window, a good few belts, had gloves on so wasn't worried about smashing it too much, I really let rip. It was dark at this stage, me roaring KUNT!, YOU F**KING KUNT!, over and over in at him, he nearly dropped his phone, had a balaclava on too which might have worried him even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

rubadub wrote: »
    Yeah, I feel the same about indicators at roundabouts. Had 2 cars pulled up taking over the entire cycletrack on the N11 a few weeks ago, first I just passed. Second wasn't getting away with it :D I got up to and hammered the absolute **** out of the passenger window, a good few belts, had gloves on so wasn't worried about smashing it too much, I really let rip. It was dark at this stage, me roaring KUNT!, YOU F**KING KUNT!, over and over in at him, he nearly dropped his phone, had a balaclava on too which might have worried him even more.

Ah good old cycle rage is this the new trend

I have the problem of pedestrians walking out right in front of me but I have had a few cars who got the full volume from me

Rob_l wrote: »
    I have the problem of pedestrians walking out right in front of me but I have had a few cars who got the full volume from me

whats worse is mothers with buggies. they go to cross the road, see you coming and step backwards onto the kerb, but the buggy stays in the cycletrack/road :confused: Ive seen this on more than 1 occasion too. what the hell?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Rob_l wrote: »
    Ah good old cycle rage is this the new trend

Proper rage would have been my handlebar end flying in his window. It was only later I was thinking I should have let the air out of his tyres, he was oblivious on the phone. Then I could cycle on down the the bus stop and have a seat while I see him attempt to take off again.

Advertisement