Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock 2 Announced + New X-Com?

Options
  • 12-03-2008 11:47am
    Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Inevitable of course. Irrational won't be making it, although Ken Levine will have some involvement and the newly formed studio developing it will consist of a lot of people who worked on the original (who apparently never want to work with Levine again). It looks like 2K intend making a franchise out of this & are talking about new games roughly every 2 years.

As much as I loved Bioshock, the idea of a sequel doesn't excite me for some reason. I'm far more intrigued by Ken Levine's new project which is rumoured to be a new X-Com game. I wonder is this guy going to systematically go through all the great games of the last 20 years and remake them to today's standards?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Maximilian wrote: »
    I'm far more intrigued by Ken Levine's new project which is rumoured to be a new X-Com game.

Wow, I didn't realise that Take Two had the X-COM name now, excellent, I'll sleep better tonight knowing there is hope in sight!

Now all we need is a Syndicate rumour....

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Mantel wrote: »
    Now all we need is a Syndicate rumour....

God yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Rumour is that Bioshock 2 will be a prequel, that would be interesting for the story, still alot there to explore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Arent they already remaking syndicate ?

*no idea, but a good rumour might make it a reality

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

oh great... another X-Com game to bludgeon the already flogged to sinews corpse of the X-Com franchise :(

They should of stopped after Terror from the deep. I haven't played an X-Com (or UFO) game since in the series that has even compared to the original.

This open source version might be ok but the graphics are dire:
    http://ufoai.sourceforge.net/?page=Home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

L31mr0d wrote: »
    oh great... another X-Com game to bludgeon the already flogged to sinews corpse of the X-Com franchise :(

They should of stopped after Terror from the deep. I haven't played an X-Com (or UFO) game since in the series that has even compared to the original.

I quite liked Apocalypse. It was different but it gave me my X-Com hit. X-Com alliance looked intresting before it got canned. It would have been compairable to that Star Wars one, Republic Commando but with aliens! :) and a good dose of exploration/research. The UFO series by Cenega was good after the second one, once it realised it wasn't X-Com and should try harder to be it's own game.

Is'nt the X-Com rumour over year old now? Looking at Shacknews it seems to have poped up in Feb last year :/

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

LoLth wrote: »
    Arent they already remaking syndicate ?

*no idea, but a good rumour might make it a reality

Hell, it worked with my penis.

Hang on, I think I just suggested my penis has been re-made somehow. I can't believe I'm discussing such a private matter in public. This smart comment has not worked out as intended.

Advertisement