Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbook air

• 12-03-2008 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My sister is going to Florida on Friday and I have asked her to get me a mcbook air. Anyone any idea how much they are in the U.S and if there is a problem getting them?
    I asusme sales tax will have to be paid etc. It just seems like a good time to get one considering the strength of the dollar.
    Cheers.
    Sham.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 carmen_jones

Hi Sham,

Live in Boston and they're about $1500-1700 I think. It should be easy enough to hide it in her luggage on the way back in as they're so small! Sales tax varies by state, shouldn't be more than 7% really. It looks very cool, I've seen them in Apple shops. Possibly a little too flimsy though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

cheers for the reply.
    My boss has one and it looks the business.
    I have wanted a mac for ages, might aswell get the latest one.
    Thinking of getting an iphone aswel but am not as convinced about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 carmen_jones

Ya the old macbooks are the same price here so you might as well get the air. The I-phone....dunno really. My work buddy has one and he's obsessed with it but I don't really see the appeal. I'm afraid I'm happy out with the old Dell laptop...luddite that I am. Enjoy when you get it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

same price as the apple store.
    I assume coz they're new they will be the same price everywhere.
    Cheers for the reply all.
    Looking forward to getting one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

There is an Apple shop there. Was outside it twice. Packed. Apple must be doing something right!
    Bestbuy are the biz. I was in there on Saturday. Just outside Florida Mall. They will also price match competitor prices, no problem.

cheers all for the replies.
    Ended up getting it for 1,232 euro and got an iphone for 275 euro.
    Happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

sham69 wrote: »
    cheers all for the replies.
    Ended up getting it for 1,232 euro and got an iphone for 275 euro.
    Happy enough with that.

Presume the Iphone was unlocked or sim free???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

iphones can be unlocked by software over here.

apple products are priced the same in every shop as it's apple's policy to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Cremo wrote: »
    iphones can be unlocked by software over here.

apple products are priced the same in every shop as it's apple's policy to do so.

According to the Apple online shop at apple.com the mac air is $1799 (which is €1141) but at Apple's Irish shop the Mac Air is €1699 while the Iphone is $399 (€253) on US site and €399 here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yes, what i meant is what they charge on the webstore in the US is what you'll pay in a retail store in the US. ditto for every country that has apple stores/authorised resellers and a apple webstore.

Advertisement