Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Non.Feature Request] Parent forum & Sub fora re.jig

Options
  • 12-03-2008 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

Right, I'll try to explain this with images :P

Using Television cat as an example cos it has quite a lot of sub fora including a television forum.

Currently it looks like this:

tvlistcs4.png

Now in my mind, the television forum should be the parent forum of all those others.

using the dev forum as an example

devexamplebb3.png

Now you'll saw that the above wont work with TV cos there is simply too many fora. I agree.

However, this way...

tvforaei0.png

would work much much better.

It would also work for any forum with sub fora imo anyway.

Just throwing it out there tbh.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

kaimera wrote: »

However, this way...

tvforaei0.png
    I disagree, I don't know why this type of graphic is used. I breezed past them for several months when I started using boards. Check out the motors forum. It's one of the busiest on the site and yet you would barely notice it when scrolling down here.

I would display all fora the way the development one is (you've taken as an example). That's my €0.02, hope I picked you up alright :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I disagree, I don't know why this type of graphic is used. I breezed past them for several months when I started using boards. Check out the motors forum. It's one of the busiest on the site and yet you would barely notice it when scrolling down here.

I would display all fora the way the development one is (you've taken as an example). That's my €0.02, hope I picked you up alright :)
    Bah, I had a reply typed out and clicked in the wrong tab to do something.

Forgive the photoshoppage but this is what I was thinking along the lines of...

tvrejigza5.png

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Ah, I see what you mean now. Yeah, it looks good.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Given the amount of sub-forums, I'd say the television forums should be moved out from arts and made into their own category.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement