Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayfield - whats it like to live in?

Options
  • 12-03-2008 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

Whats Mayfield like to live in? I am looking at a property there at present. I know there is a lot of local authority housing in the area and it had a bit of a reputation years ago. Just wondering how things are now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

Mayfield is fine. It used to have a reputation years ago. I've never seen trouble up there. I've seen more trouble in Douglas than I ever have in Mayfield. What part are you buying in?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭rebs23

Mayfield is fine. It used to have a reputation years ago. I've never seen trouble up there. I've seen more trouble in Douglas than I ever have in Mayfield. What part are you buying in?
    The older parts of Mayfield are great, probably better than Douglas!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭thejuggler

Old Youghal Road(city end)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Downtown Baghdad is probably better than Douglas these days tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Rustycans

thejuggler wrote: »
    Old Youghal Road(city end)

Do you mean by Dillons Cross ?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭thejuggler

Yes near enough to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

That's old old Mayfield. You should have little trouble there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

:)
    That shell garage there is hilarious. 20 fiat puntos revving the balls off it...
    Reminds me of that old esso garage on western road a few years back. Boy racer central.

The Fast & The Frustrated every weekend in Shell. It's a spectacle at this stage. Tourists should go there to observe them.

That esso station was a brilliant spot. Coffee & Donuts and free three stooges show all night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

Yes near enough to it

To be fair thats barely Mayfield at all. You should be fine down that far. Is it near St. Josephs Church?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Old Mayfield is nice enough. I wouldn't buy into other parts of it, but then I'm a snob. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Rustycans

Yes near enough to it

That area is not considered Mayfield these days . Dillons Cross is fine so long as you stay away from the Glen side . I lived in Marianville , opposite Rathmore Rd, for a long time . The area is grand . St. Lukes is even a bit 'bohemian' what ever that is .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I used to live at the top of Dillons Cross, just above the Three Horseshoes Bar. There was no trouble at all. You should get on fine :D

Advertisement