Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange food question...

Options
  • 12-03-2008 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Does anyone have any idea where you can find Artichokes in this city? Not the canned kind but the actual fresh vegetable. Has anyone seen them anywhere recently?

Thanks a mil :D

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

They usually have them in Tesco. Don't eat them myself but I've seen them there. I saw some Jerusalem artichokes in M&S a few weeks ago as well.

If that fails, try Terryland Fruit and Veg or the Saturday Market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 babyinacorner

thanks Das :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

For good veg try the little place across Homeplate and La Salsa on Mary street.

Theresa's.

Yeah I forgot that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

biko wrote: »
    For good veg try the little place across Homeplate and La Salsa on Mary street.

Not nearly as fresh or cheap as Terryland. Or as helpful either.

• Advertisement

The Terryland Fruit and Veg guy is mental.

Did you ever see his billboard on the Dublin Road near the Athenry turn-in? Himself naked with only a few cabbages hiding his shame.

He used to have some crazy radio ads at one point as well. Maybe he still does, I don't take the bus anymore so I don't have the "opportunity" to listen to Galway Bay.

I bought a small bag of potatoes in there once and he told me if I bought a stone he'd throw in some free Rhubarb. When I declined he offered to sweeten the deal with a backrub. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭cookiequeen

is it is season now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Dudis

Check out the olive stall at the market on Saturday mornings by St. Nicholas' church, they have the best artichokes I've tasted, anywhere.

Advertisement