Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom League Football This Weekend

• 12-03-2008 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Thu Mar 13 2008

First Division

Dundalk -v- Monaghan United Oriel Park 19:45

Fri Mar 14 2008

Premier Division

Derry City -v- Finn Harps The Brandywell 19:45
    Bray Wanderers-v- U.C.D Carlisle Grounds 19:45
    Bohemians -v- St Patricks Athletic Dalymount Park 19:45 Game on TV, RTE 2 19:30
    Shamrock Rovers -v- Cork City Tolka Park 20:00

First Division

Waterford United -v- Longford Town Regional Sports Centre19:45
    Sporting Fingal -v- Athlone Town Morton Stadium 19:45
    Limerick 37 v- Wexford Youths Jackman Park 19:45
    Kildare County -v- Shelbourne Station Road 19:45

Sat Mar 15 2008

Premier Division
    Cobh Ramblers -v- Galway United St. Colemans Park 19:45
    Sligo Rovers -v- Drogheda United Showgrounds 20:00

Northwest Derby as Harps travel to the Brandywell, Derry should be too strong for Harps at home.

Bray and UCD promises to be a dinger of a game.

Bohs and Pats on telly, and it's the game of the weekend too. Pats should be too strong for them.

After last weeks defeat of the champions, Shams will be looking to repeat the performance, but Cork City, and Matthews especially, will be looking for their first win. Which I think they'll get.

Cobh host Galway, but after losing in Donegal last weekend I think Galway may be too strong aswell.

Rovers welcome the champions to the Showgrounds, and Drogs should definitely be the strongest here.

In the First, Dundalk will be too strong for Mons. Longford Waterford is the tie of the weekend in this division, and with Roddy waiting in the wings, the players will want to prove themselves to the new manager, having notched up five goals against Fingal last weekend, a repeat is harldy on the cards. Draw in this one. I think Limerick will be expecing a win against Youths, and Shels will be confident of the three points in Newbridge.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

DesF wrote: »

Fri Mar 14 2008

First Division

Sporting Fingal -v- Athlone Town Morton Stadium 19:45

this match is on Sunday March 16th k.o. 15.00. as stated on http://community.fingal.ie/SportingFingal/index.php?option=com_eventlist&Itemid=28&func=details&did=2

that's very not nice Des, conning Fingals 2 fans into spending their Friday night in a cold, dark and empty Morton Stadium :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

that's very not nice Des, conning Fingals 2 fans into spending their Friday night in a cold, dark and empty Morton Stadium :D
    Yes, seems I'm being quite the trickster today.

Wait til you see next weeks effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

posts deleted. Any more crap and there will be long bans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I might head down there to watch the game.
    Don't want to give them me money though.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Shamrock Rovers to get the job done against Cork and be five points better off than most people would have predicted!

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Might go down myself, seeing as it's Sunday afternoon.

if the weather is fair, I'll be there. :pac:

Are Drumcondra still playin' out of there?

That's probably why it's on Sunday if they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thead title of the day (maybe longer) :pac:
    Waterford United -v- Longford Town Regional Sports Centre19:45

A scond stand is being built goodness knows who will fill it.

Mike

mike65 wrote: »
    Thead title of the day (maybe longer) :pac:
    You should see the deleted posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

SantryRed wrote: »

First game of the season is free I thought?

• Advertisement

DSB wrote: »
    First game of the season is free I thought?

Well then I'll go down to see it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Cant see us getting anything vs Bohs be nice to improve on our 1 goal haul from last seasons 4 games tho.

Maybe this season they may have more than 2 players leaving their half.

Clarke
    Lynch O Carroll Harris Byrne
    Fahey keane dempsey Kirby
    Quigs O Neill

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I can see Dundalk getting the season rolling with a tight win at Oriel tomorrow night. Think Shels will be happy to go up against Kildare this early, even if it is away. Think they'll take an easy enough win from it.
    Can't see Bohs being turned over at home although should be a good game, is this the televised game??? Even though i predicted a win for Drogheda i'm starting to have second thoughts and think Sligo might actually hold them to a draw at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Shams Vs City an interesting one. Both had unexpected results last weekend. Shams will want to continue their good start, City need to get a good start going at some stage.

Very hard to call, if City play like against Bray, Shams will win easy. If City play to their ability, they should be far to strong for Shams. However, given the faith I have for Alan Mathews, and my abysmal record in Tolka, I reckon Shams to win 2-0 :(

Might head down to Cobh on Saturday as well. They need the support God love us. Galway to win this.

Really hope Rovers can do a job against Drogs as well, so everyone has a chance once they get themselves going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Bohemians -v- St Patricks Athletic Dalymount Park 19:45 Game on TV, RTE 2 19:30

This game is now a 7.35pm kick off.

Link added !!!

http://www.bohemians.ie/index.php/fixtures/patsko.htm

:eek:

ffs

all these changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Just noticed the Jodi Stand is €20 now ! Suppose no more half time pints for me anymore !:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Bray and UCD promises to be a dinger of a game.
    Never heard that one before but presume you mean crap.

Persoanlly I think (although slightly biased) that it will be a very good game- both teams have some very good attackers and poor defenders so should be an entertaining game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

1-0 Dundalk after 15 mins. TOP OF THE TABLE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

hope they don't mess up, have them in a treble

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Half time. 2-0 Dundalk, Cassidy.

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Half time. 2-0 Dundalk, Cassidy.
    I know its only the 2nd game of the season but if Cassidy isn't Dundalks player of the season this year I'll be amazed. He's top notch. Cheers Rovers.

Pighead wrote: »
    I know its only the 2nd game of the season but if Cassidy isn't Dundalks player of the season this year I'll be amazed. He's top notch. Cheers Rovers.
    I know him actually from being around Ringsend. Although not so much to realise he joined Dundalk. :)

He's top notch. Cheers Rovers.

Smashing player alright, for the laugh ask a rovers fan why they let him go ;)

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Smashing player alright, for the laugh ask a rovers fan why they let him go ;)

kdjac
    OhNoIWon't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Maybe this season they may have more than 2 players leaving their half.
    kdjac
    Still hurts? :D

SectionF wrote: »
    Still hurts? :D

Byrne fit?

wanna see a pic of him to help you tru the season :D

Byrne the new Arkins tbh

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

OhNoIWon't!

No doubt Kdjac has some elaborate theory he heard from a Rovers player in McDowalls. :rolleyes:

No doubt Kdjac has some elaborate theory he heard from a Rovers player in McDowalls. :rolleyes:

oh god no, its best it comes from the horses mouth, as you know i only post crap about rovers.

Please do post your knowledge on why the best young winger in the league left your team.

**** me i wanted pats to sign him but he wouldnt go full time, has a good job seemingly.

I await the official Rovers reason with much giddyment :D

btw for the EL fans among us this is ****ing priceless only in the EL type **** , but ONYD will fill us in accuratley and correctly, hes amember of the 500 club you see so knows this stuff.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

oh god no, its best it comes from the horses mouth, as you know i only post crap about rovers.

Please do post your knowledge on why the best young winger in the league left your team.

**** me i wanted pats to sign him but he wouldnt go full time, has a good job seemingly.

I await the official Rovers reason with much giddyment :D

Pighead asked last week and got an answer. Its not all that interesting really, but some of us are actually obeying the wage cap rules and for every player in, one had to go. He was unlucky, but as he was never a regular, he got the axe. We were surprised, but he isnt part of the long term plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Byrne fit?

wanna see a pic of him to help you tru the season :D

Byrne the new Arkins tbh

kdjac
    Don't diss Dessie. Great player - should never have been let go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Was at Oriel last night. Atmosphere was electric as usual although not a full house, mind you if they can emulate last year's flying start to the season a bigger attendance will be the norm.

We got a seriously lucky opener in that the Mons keeper came outside his area to make a clearance and hit Robbie Martin with it and the ball rebounded into an empty net.
    Second goal was a tidy finish from Cassidy after some neat passing that started with Cassidy in Centre Midfield and ended up with him getting on the end of a cross from the right.
    Third goal came from a breakaway after Monaghan were pushing on looking for a goal. Ball broke to Paul Smyth in a 2 on 2 situation, he shifted it infield to Martin, he took it onto his left and rifled it home from 20yrds.
    Second half was played at a fairly slow pace, but you always felt they could crank it up if necessary. Trevor Vaughan missed two rally good opportunities to seal the win in the second half.

Cassidy did well in CM although he came in and out of the game at times. Although whenever there was an attacking threat he was usually there. Martin did well up front, took his 2nd goal really well. Jamie Duffy had an excellent game on the right wing and was unluky not to grab a goal after a mazy run, shooting narrowly wide.
    Man of the match imo was captain and right-back John Flanagan. He got forward and supported the attack and defended stoutly as always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A draw tonight down in Waherfurd would be a good result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Gutted Im missing the match tonight, first night in months I have really had to go into work.

bohsman wrote: »
    Gutted Im missing the match tonight, first night in months I have really had to go into work.
    RTE stream if you have a pc near you?

• Advertisement

I should get to watch it while working, will try to sneak off to the pub for a pint but still not the same as being there.

bohsman wrote: »
    I should get to watch it while working, will try to sneak off to the pub for a pint but still not the same as being there.

Awesome job tbh

i have to stay in so my hopes for a perfect season ruined in the 2nd week :(

kdjac

Have Bohs in an accumulator. Pats defence doesn't seem the strongest atm.

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Have Bohs in an accumulator. Pats defence doesn't seem the strongest atm.

its muck but if bohs come out to play it should be a goalfest.

kdjac

What a goal. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Christ! :O

Get ****ing In!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What A ****ing Goal !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

What a fcukin goal!

Almost another Beauty by Crowe

Bohoofians not coming out to play at all, they have Turner(class player) and the guy has a sore neck from watching the ball sail over his head to Mansaram/crowe who are being owned by Partridge and Harris ...haha mofos we gots some bigger defenders :D

We trying to play but not allowed to as bohs fairly decent at defending, not a great tv game but tbh i dont really care, we need a win and we need a clean sheet.

Hopefully they come out 2nd half and try play some ball, that would suit us nicely ;)

Ryan is awful for us on the right wing, o carroll not having a great game at right back either, new lads at the back havent realised everyone is bigger than us up front and need to start playing to to lynch and faheys feet for them to play in the front 2.

oh and WHAT A ****ING GOAL!!!!!! :D

kdjac

Gte the **** in :D

Bohoofians offered nothing 2nd half even with Jason Arkins, ffs hoof the ball is not a gameplan. We dealt with what little they had to offer fairly easily.

The sendings off were joke, the replays show Brennan nailing harris off the ball and Ryan dragging him away. Byrnes red card expected really he doesnt finish many matches.

Bohoofians offered feck all going forward and take off their main threat for Arkins lol.

We didnt play great but our centrebacks were awesome and our strikers worked their balls off with feck all passes to feet.

1-0 with 9 men GET IN!

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Waterford 1 - 1 Longford, Great away point for town!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Enjoyed bohs vs Pats.

Two good teams and it was end to end.

Bohs lacked a bit of spark in thier attack. Crowe is not mobile enought in general play IMO

Awesome job tbh

kdjac

Better than that even, I got to go to the match. Wish I hadnt now, between Kauto Star and the match I wish I hadnt gotten out of bed.

thread title was edited so assume Linfield etc score will be added or will ignorance be claimed in a sad sort of way.

get in 1-0 :D

PHB changed thread title, will accept any thread title changes to the Man utd one, funniest one wins.

kdjac

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Whay was Fenlan thinking taking off Mansuram and not Crowe? At least Mansuram was getting about the place.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
Advertisement