Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calibrate yourself yo!

Options
  • 12-03-2008 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭

About 2 months ago I moved my 360 from my PC monitor onto an LCD screen, it's been great but I've always felt that GH was "off". I tried to play with the calibration settings but no matter how many times it tried to auto-detect it just wasn't working and manual tuning seemed to make a difference but not a major one.

Anyway, skip forward 2 months and I am reasonably accepting of the situation but still get agitated by the problems during most sessions. I was playing Black Sunshine and the problem was obvious, trying to play with the music left me hitting the notes once they had already gone past.

I hooked the 360 back into my monitor and of the four songs I played I beat all 4 old scores, by a long shot.

Long-story short, I reconnected the LCD and found that the sound was coming too late so I set the sound delay to 100ms and I've been playing MUCH better ever since.

Just a warning to those on LCD screens that you may not notice the issue having not played on a faster monitor before. Anyone else found themselves competing with lag?

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about GHII since it did not come with an audio delay feature.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Doesn't the 360 version have the ability to calibrate audio and video independently like the PS3 version?

I have about 80ms audio lag and 50ms video lag with my setup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

GHIII does, yeah. Did I suggest otherwise?

I might play around with the calibration a little more to see if I can improve it again but I'm pretty happy with it at the moment. I definitly don't think the test for calibration gives reliable results (more than likely due to my non-reliability).

Advertisement