Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite Marketing Campaigns

• 12-03-2008 1:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

I think the Eircom phonewatch campaign is damn good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭MB74

Remember the Big Ed Loves Mona campaign, I know the product is well gone and forgotten about but it was different.

Also remember Maxol's Free A Nipper with Bottler (Brendan Grace), different but the saying lived on for a while after.

Some of the phone directory enquiry campaigns are good, I have an 11850 mobile phone rest on my desk, effective! And the slogan 'nifty 50', corny but good.

Yeah the guinness ones are always good, but don't forget guinness do more than just ads, also do free poker party night kits on pigsback and free teeshirts.

I think some of the best ones are the ads we all love to hate, they get you talking about them in the pub or where ever, means you remember them!!!

The long and the short of it is I just realised I watch too much tv and need to get out more.

Hope this helps,

Michael

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Carlsberg ads in general and the current crop of Tayto ads. The lotto ads are also good as the characters are instantly recognisable. And then there's Timberlake, "I'm lovin it"- hate them personally but pretty damned effective. Best of all IMO were the brilliant Hamlet cigar TV ads from the 60s to the 90s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Jessica84

hi guys,

how do you all think about email marketing? It seems not so effective:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭shantor

Got an interview on Friday where i know i'm gonna be asked what my favourite Marketing Campaign is...
    I had the interview last year too and was asked this but i stumbled with it.
    I think i rambled on about how good Guinness's Ads were but i was stopped and asked about a specific Marketing Campaign.

Can anyone think of a good, possibly current Marketing Campaign (not advertising campaign) to research and talk about?

Fallon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbLr2NEV_7o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Dabko

qiute like the halifax marketing campaign. Its a campaign that has hit on its exact target market. Entertaining too!

Advertisement