Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teufel TXH certified speaker systems

• 12-03-2008 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I recently upgraded to 7.1 and went for the Onkyo 805 which is a great machine.

Finding the right speakers however was a different story. After checking with the local shops only to find out that they sell nothing that could come even close to true home cinema experience I googled a bit and found a german company www.teufel.de

They sell THX certified speaker systems and all had very good test results even the smaller ones.

They not sell through any resellers so they provide you with a very efficient and competent phone service.

I spoke to a very helpful guy who was not only fluent in english but also very competent. He took all details, room size, exisiting equipment, main purpose of usage etc etc. So I went for the Theater 8 THX Ultra 2 system in 7.1 combination.
    Shipping was just 120 EUR and it arrived surprisingly fast after 4 days.

All I can say is the speakers are fantastic and surprisingly good for music as well, this was one area that home cinema systems always lacked.

The system has to be heard, it is AMAZING, crystal clear sound and a very profound bass, the subwoofer is 56kg alone and could easy pass as a small coffee table..:-) But even on low level it just sounds absolutely stunning.

For me it is one of the best systems I ever had the pleasure to listen to, I would go that far that it even sounds better or similuar at least to the high end Jamo speakers.

I must say I never regret the purchase and the good thing is you get 12 years warranty and a full 8 weeks money back guarantie if you don't like the sound, they even pay for the shipping costs and get a courier to pick them up. Pity they are not that well known.

Anyone here ever heard of them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

what is your home theater system set up?
    could you please the systems you have placed?
    it will help me to rearrange mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Hi Mr Teufel rep!!!
    What sort of money are we talking about here?
    Am needing to buy a 7.1 system soon to compliment a Pioneer VSXA4ASi...
    Site is in German (obviously)!!!
    Knee sprekin zee dutch!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭mlink73

Depends on the system you want. I paid EUR 3400,- including shipping for my Theater 8 THX system in 7.1.

08041615390157.direkt.jpg

If you have a smaller room the Theater 6 is the way to go, I think it was around 2000 in 7.1 including shipping.

08041615451265.direkt.jpg

What is ur budget to spend and how big is the room?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Yikes, I was going to buy a Mordant Short Genie set of 5.1, for £400 Sterling, and get a pair of MS 914i (£250 sterling) floorstanders for the front soundstage, possibly running off a dedicated amp. That'll give me a decent 7.1 system paired to the Pioneer VSXA4ASi and a Denon 1940 DVD. I know it's not big money by some standards, but I think they would pump out a serious sound... http://www.mordauntshort.com/ranges.php?RAID=6&Title=Genie
    I'm building a house at the mo, and the living room is 5mx5m, and is being set up as a serious home cinema room - don't tell the mrs...

Advertisement