Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DMP appoints Spiritual Advisor

Options
  • 12-03-2008 1:58pm
    Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Dublin Metropolitan Province

INTERNAL PRESS RELEASE

DMP appoints Spiritual Advisor

Fr Brian Lawless is a former Venture Scout Leader and GL who is the newly appointed Parish Priest in St Agatha’s Parish in Dublin’s North Inner City. Following his arrival in the parish in September 2007, Brian has taken steps to re-establish a dormant Scout Group with support from Aidan Smith & his team in Cluain Toirc Scout County.

Fr Brian will seek to work closely with the National Spiritual and Religious Advisory Panel and will work to promote a spiritual element to Scouting in the Dublin Metropolitan Province.

Commenting on the appointment, Provincial Commissioner Anne Smithers said “Developing a spiritual element within the Scout Programme is often inadvertently overlooked and Scouting has an important role to play in this area. I am delighted that Fr Brian is in a position to join our support team and I hope that Scouters in the Province will avail of his advice where required”.

The Dublin Metropolitan Scout Province exists to champion, encourage and support the provision of high quality Scouting in Dublin.

This is achieved by directly supporting the County Commissioners of all nine Scout Counties within the Province.

In turn, each County Commissioner has both the skill and the back-up to directly support each Group Leader and Group Council within their Scout County

The DMP has a management team that meets regularly (five/six times per year) and this team includes all County Commissioners in the DMP area, the Provincial Commissioner and a number of representatives to key national teams.

Discuss

DMP appoints Spiritual Advisor, Good or Bad Idea 1 vote

Good Idea
    0% 0 votes
    Bad Idea
    100% 1 vote
    I need to practice my knots
    0% 0 votes

Advertisement