Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friendly

• 12-03-2008 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Any chance we'll have one next week?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Think there's one lined up against a team of Dave's mates. Doubt I can make it due to college commitments however

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

alright lads, have played a firendly against u before. we've no game on sat and could throw a team together if u need an opposition... let me know asap.

PM DesF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

ditpoker wrote: »
    alright lads, have played a firendly against u before. we've no game on sat and could throw a team together if u need an opposition... let me know asap.
    If I can get players, we'll do this.

I've just been in touch with the whole team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'm away this weekend but can make a friendly or training session pretty much any time after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭c1979

Whats the story frankg?

i don't know if you got any of my pm's regarding my intervarsity fight with your mate Richie in 2000.

But if you didn't, did you have any luck in seeing if he has a copy of the fight?

Thanks
    Ciarán

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Would be interested in a game Saturday if you want me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

what were the numbers that were available for this one Des?

Reckon we should try get a friendly sorted for mid next week, or next weekend at worst....we're falling into the exact same trap as last time here lads - we don't want to be going into another new season rusty. And how are we going to get new talent into the squad if we don't give them a chance to have a look and show what they can do before the new season?

Would there be numbers between our squad and interested new players for at least a 5-a-side this weekend? Who has the number for that place in Ringsend - they'll probably have availability and in fairness we really should be able to pull 10 bodies together

I'm still not available for anything but Dave has a friendly lined up with his mates. Think he's just waiting on Des

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I'm still not available for anything but Dave has a friendly lined up with his mates. Think he's just waiting on Des
    What?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

Im available for 5 a side...friendly...whatever..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

DesF wrote: »
    What?

i presume he means he is waiting on an answer from you? as in, your the man with the magic mobile that can text everybody off it!???

DesF wrote: »
    What?

Waiting on you to get back to him from what I hear. Though maybe i got the wrong end of the stick

any update on this? im away for another 2 weeks, but should be back in dublin on the 6th in time for the new season. seriously though, we need a friendly, at least one.

worst case scenarion, is hire a pitch for 5 a side for 2 sessions. who ever turns up, plays. simple really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

simple really.
    Ok man if it's that simple, you go ahead and sort it all out. Not having a go at you personally Ed, but nobody seems willing to take the bull by the horns here. Too many chiefs...

Savman wrote: »
    Ok man if it's that simple, you go ahead and sort it all out. Not having a go at you personally Ed, but nobody seems willing to take the bull by the horns here. Too many chiefs...

im in india sav, i would love to sort, but unfortunatley i cant. i thought we agreed that we were setting up a 5 a side? this was discussed at the match against trinity biotech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

im in india sav, i would love to sort, but unfortunatley i cant. i thought we agreed that we were setting up a 5 a side? this was discussed at the match against trinity biotech.
    I know I remember the discussion over the last few weeks. But until someone books a pitch and sources some opposition, friendlies won't be organised.

Speaking bluntly here for a minute, I'm like most fellas, you tell me to turn up at a given place at a given time and I'll be there, holidays, other commitments or illness aside of course. I don't want any part of arranging matches and booking pitches and the like and it seems to me nobody else does either. I don't think I'm being too unreasonable by saying I just want the football element. In any proper club, you have anywhere between 1 and 5 people who look after this side of things and right now we don't have that. Call it a committee or secretary or whatever the hell it is, some person or persons charged with the responsibility to make the necessary phone calls. Then, when the green light has been given, the players just get a text or some form of notification saying match at x time at x venue. Sick dogs aside, you are expected to do your best to be there.

That's the way it works at any team, I don't see why we should be any different. It's not hard to find 11 fellas looking for a game on a Sunday afternoon or whatever. I'm guessing Des has drawn a line in the sand as to what he is and is not prepared to do for the team, that's perfectly fine.

There is some delegation needed here, that's all I'm saying.

des does a perfectly good job sav at this, theres no need to panic just yet :)
    im sure once everybody is paid up, the organistation will start again.

the only thing worryin me, is we need to start well this year and we need some form of a get together to do that.

I have O2 free texts for live and all that **** so if Des was willing to give me everyones number I'd be willing to chime in on the organisational side of things. Though with college I cant promise I'd be available always. But id have no probs organising kick abouts even if I wasnt going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭supertramp

How does one enter the team, I'm a newbie :/

• Advertisement

supertramp wrote: »
    How does one enter the team, I'm a newbie :/

keep an eye on the new season thread and post on there...

no idea what is happening yet, but i think theres a few places in the squad..

where you play, experience etc?

Advertisement