Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Adjusting alarm sensitivity

Options
  • 12-03-2008 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how to adjust the sensitivity on a falcon predator xlII (i think) alarm. Got it a while back but a couple of weeks ago it started going off for no apparent reason and keeping everyone awake. Now i don't turn it on at night, but i'd prefer to sort it out. Is it just a matter of turning an adjuster or is it more complicated? I know where the box is but don't really want to go poking at it unless i have half a clue what i'm looking for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

The shock sensor is seperate to the main on them brain but if you have access to the brain its on the port next to the led,follow that wiring and you'l find it, its about the size of a box of matchs,turn the knob anti clockwise for less sensitivity

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

Cheers, found the sensor alright and ajusted it down a bit. For some reason now when the alarm is disarmed, i.e. i'm in the car, the LED flashes repeatedly and slowly. Is this just telling me the alarm has been activated or something is loose/disconnected? having a google for the manual now, hope i can get it sorted pretty handy.

EDIT: update...when I arm the alarm, it chirps 3 times (manual says only supposed to chirp once) Also when 'armed' the LED flashes twice quickly, then a long pause, then 2 quick flashes again (manual says it should be a 'slow flash'). Read through the manual but can't really understand it too well. I think i need to reset the triggers or something but can't quite figure it out. Maybe i'm missing something simple.

Advertisement