Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O Neills Late Bar

• 12-03-2008 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Did anyone hear O Neills has a late licence? I think they have a late bar there on Monday nights and thurs. Did ne1 go last monday??? Whats it like.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

ive heard that too, not sure though. The pubs nice, and the upstaris disco bar is smaller but more open than Bradys disco bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ixus

They have the late licence alright alright. Not sure what nights they use it though.

Haven't really spent much time upstairs. It's a grand spot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭djdeclan

Right lads, time for some serious shameless self promotion!!
    O'Neills have a late bar till 1:30 every Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday (DJ til 2 Friday & Saturday).
    Monday and Thursday are the student nights with drinks promos and all that jazz.
    I DJ there on Thursdays (from tonight on) and at least one night at the weekend (usually Saturday).
    Darragh DJs on monday nights and Brendan does the other weekend nights.
    We have a bebo site but ill not put up the address for fear of having the thread deleted!!

Hopefully see some of ye down there tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭moggins7

i presume it's the usual crap music played in there....
    i mean propper dance music would kinda be appropiate in a disco wouldn it???

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

moggins7 wrote: »

Yip, tony fentons mega pop mix plus the 'classics'.

Prob best to avoid all the pubs in may if you're not looking for chart crap.

• Advertisement

if its "proper" dance music you're after then I'd give Maynooth a wide berth altogether!!

ok i really not into dancde, far from it actually but do you not agree that its unbelievably boring goin out and actually knowing the set list the dj has...
    fair enough people want to hear this because its "popular" but it still doesn take away from the fact that its unbelievably **** music...
    and declan do you not feel like a complete spa for playin this "music"(inverted commas really do work...)

anyway sorry for goin off topic...

ooh actually are the bouncers gonna be arseholes there too??? again sorry for off topicness but its a genuine question...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Drinks promotions you say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

ok i really not into dancde, far from it actually but do you not agree that its unbelievably boring goin out and actually knowing the set list the dj has...
    fair enough people want to hear this because its "popular" but it still doesn take away from the fact that its unbelievably **** music...
    and declan do you not feel like a complete spa for playin this "music"(inverted commas really do work...)

anyway sorry for goin off topic...

ooh actually are the bouncers gonna be arseholes there too??? again sorry for off topicness but its a genuine question...

Ha ha I could tell you the exact set list in Brady's from start to finish on a Saturday night....haven't been there in ages though so don't know if they've changed it since. Is O'Neills doing well? Is it busy?

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Ha ha I could tell you the exact set list in Brady's from start to finish on a Saturday night....haven't been there in ages though so don't know if they've changed it since. Is O'Neills doing well? Is it busy?

I haven't been there in ages either and it's still the same.

So is Oneills, the music will suck. Sorry dj i'm sure you're equally as good as any of the rest of them but it ain't for me.

As for how busy it is, sure you live beside the place, never thought ya'd have given up the going out once ya got a fella reilly! And before you say it, i gave up going out in may a long time ago!

• Advertisement

We're getting very stereotypical in this thread with the music thing...
    What I will say is that at the start we were told no cheese was allowed, no 80s except for some alternative, no Cascada or Dolly Parton and definately no Basshunter...
    So for a while we played so called cool music, and the girls HOUNDED US for the cheese... so now we're told to play all the cheese we want....but we won't.
    I know exactly where you're coming from with the whole knowing exactly what songs are going to be played in (insert name of venue)... so for my part ill be trying to make it a bit interesting (yes I do feel like a spa having to play the same sh!t but its the people who are asking for it...and I have never used a set-list) by playing some stuff thats good and fairly well liked but that hasn't been done to death (Cindy Lauper, Snap, Dolly Parton...you know who you are!!)
    There is talk of an indie/alternative rock night too for those of ye that just like mainstream music.
    In our defence we are trying to do something a bit different to the other bars but at the same time we do have to please the crowd..
    All ill say about the bouncers is that I wouldn't go down at the weekend without being well dressed, no runners etc... theres no reason you should be turned away provided you aren't drunk!

lordgoat wrote: »

Wow. How could you know if you havent been in ages? Or do you assume?

Seeing as I HAVE been recently, I can say that yeah, theres still some cheese, but bring me to a pub with no cheese and you'll bring to to a pub with feck all wimmins in it! But theres some good music too. Its a nice place and i have to say im warming up to it nicely.

So is Oneills, the music will suck. Sorry dj i'm sure you're equally as good as any of the rest of them but it ain't for me.

As for how busy it is, sure you live beside the place, never thought ya'd have given up the going out once ya got a fella reilly! And before you say it, i gave up going out in may a long time ago!

Don't you judge me Patten! ;) Might check it out this weekend.

somewhat off topic here lads but can ye tell me when the students are back at college after easter??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

College is back Monday next, so i'd expect to see students around from Saturday onwards.

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Drinks promotions you say?

Check the bebo page for more details on this...
    No students till monday you say.... Im on the beer this thursday then so!!

... you can post the bebo link.

Rozabeez wrote: »
    ... you can post the bebo link.

oneillsdiscobm.bebo.com

folan wrote: »
    Wow. How could you know if you havent been in ages? Or do you assume?

Seeing as I HAVE been recently, I can say that yeah, theres still some cheese, but bring me to a pub with no cheese and you'll bring to to a pub with feck all wimmins in it! But theres some good music too. Its a nice place and i have to say im warming up to it nicely.

Because i live with people that routinely go you presumptious ****.

Because i live with people that routinely go you presumptious ****.

:D

• Advertisement

djdeclan wrote: »
    We're getting very stereotypical in this thread with the music thing...
    What I will say is that at the start we were told no cheese was allowed, no 80s except for some alternative, no Cascada or Dolly Parton and definately no Basshunter...
    So for a while we played so called cool music, and the girls HOUNDED US for the cheese... so now we're told to play all the cheese we want....but we won't.
    I know exactly where you're coming from with the whole knowing exactly what songs are going to be played in (insert name of venue)... so for my part ill be trying to make it a bit interesting (yes I do feel like a spa having to play the same sh!t but its the people who are asking for it...and I have never used a set-list) by playing some stuff thats good and fairly well liked but that hasn't been done to death (Cindy Lauper, Snap, Dolly Parton...you know who you are!!)
    There is talk of an indie/alternative rock night too for those of ye that just like mainstream music.
    In our defence we are trying to do something a bit different to the other bars but at the same time we do have to please the crowd..
    All ill say about the bouncers is that I wouldn't go down at the weekend without being well dressed, no runners etc... theres no reason you should be turned away provided you aren't drunk!

thats fair enough, at least your tryin to keep some self respect... an i will be there next thurs t see wat its like....
    folan wrote: »
    bring me to a pub with no cheese and you'll bring to to a pub with feck all wimmins in it!

fibbers on a thurs nite?????

Moggins7, you will NOT be there next Thursday. It's birthday night. Plan = Roost. Or we can all pub crawl, but Enemy_of_Fate is a lazy f00ker.

fibbers on a thurs nite?????

I'd love to, but ill be busy. Cheers for the invitation though lol

Advertisement