Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania

Options
  • 12-03-2008 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Well, I ordered a video card off Pixmania last week (tuesday afternoon, to be precise) and specifically paid a small bit extra to have it delivered by courier with 24-48 hours.

Except, it is now the following Wednesday, and no sign. I emailed Pixmania, specifically asking for a response to whether or not I would get my postage cost refunded given as it's well outside the delivery time, but got an automatic reply ignoring my question and giving me a number for UPS....in Britain. So I had to find the number for Dublin myself, and upon ringing, turns out Pixmania gave them the wrong address. It's definitely a problem on their side, as I've bought from Pixmania before with no delivery problems to the address. So hopefully it'll be delivered, finally, tomorrow - Thursday - which makes that 7 working days and a total of 9 days, in contrast to the advertised '24-48 hour delivery' that I had to pay extra for.

I emailed Pixmania 3 further times, each time to a different address, asking for details of whom to contact about this. I got no reply from any of them, and that was a few days ago. So I actually have no idea who to contact now....does anyone know how I could get in contact with some sort of supervisor or manager at Pixmania?

I had been recommending Pixmania a lot lately but this whole episode is really making me rethink.....Kompletts price's may have gotten a bit uncompetitive but I've never had any delivery problems whatsoever...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

I bought stuff from pixmania-pro & my problem was the delivery was too fast. Ordered it on a Wednesday night, they attempted delivery on Friday lunchtime when there was no one home (I'd arranged for someone to be there in the afternoon). Meant I had to wait until Monday to play with my toys :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Well, this is the last time I use Pixmania. Am told now it'll 'Definitely' be delivered tomorrow. 8 working days after I ordered it, total of 10 days, despite the 24-48 hour guarantee.

Rang UPS multiple times, seems the driver is actually a braille driver, as he 'cannot find' a huge government building in the center of the city that takes dozens of courier deliveries daily. Yet they did not think to ring me at all to clarify this.

Also, while that may not be Pixmania's fault, it doesn't excuse the fact that no-one answers my emails (sent to every address I could find on the site), and the few replies I did get, were automatic and did not answer my question.

If anyone knows how to get in contact with some sort of manager at pixmania, it'd be great...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I had similiar problems with them after paying extra for the 24/48 hour delivery.

They first told me that it meant that the package would be dispatched from them within 24/48 hours of ordering ... but it wasnt up to them to decide how long it takes UPS to deliver.

Then they told me its meant it would be delivered 24/48 hours after it left the
    warehouse ... but they couldnt say how long it'd take between placing the
    order and actually sending it!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I had a similar issue, but the way I look at it it's 24-48 hours from when UPS pick it up (within reason) rather than from the minute you place the order. At the end of the day, if you place an order on Friday night with most companies it wont get seen till Saturday if they work saturdays or monday. Allow that day to pack and inform UPS that theres stuff to go to Ireland, so if they pick it up late Monday/Tuesday then it's 2 days from then. Workign on that system, I've never been dissappointed.

UPS picked mine up on Wednesday. And I'm still waiting, the following Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I had same scenario a few months back ,bots seem to run the show:rolleyes:

All replies are the same from them.
    They are abusing the ups name aswell ,places like crucial show how good ups can be at getting stuff on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

UPS picked mine up on Wednesday. And I'm still waiting, the following Thursday.

Well in fairness thats a UPS issue rather than a retailer one. I'd be starting to wonder if they lost it at this stage tbh.

Stekelly wrote: »
    Well in fairness thats a UPS issue rather than a retailer one. I'd be starting to wonder if they lost it at this stage tbh.

My main gripe with Pixmania was the fact that they don't reply to any messages whatsoever, save for the sporadic automatic reply that sends you random information about your order, regardless of what you actually ask....that and they gave UPS a wrong address from what I have on my account, and in turn, even when corrected, UPS still cannot find it but yet did not even attempt to contact me, instead leaving the package in limbo. Obviously that is not Pixmanias fault though.

Basically, I'd rather buy my stuff my PC World in future, then go with Pixmania - easily takes the crown for most appalling customer service ever.

In contrast, I ordered stuff from memoryc.com early this week - arrived the very next day, no hassles. At the same address...

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Paddyo

I'd rather buy my stuff my PC World in future, then go with Pixmania

They are both owned by DSG

Paddyo

Damn....Time to give Elara a whirl? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Elara are excellent ,very good at answering any queries.

Advertisement