Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road off main port road

Options
  • 12-03-2008 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the road that veers to left off the main port road to dublin is going to be resurfaced. its the road that goes over the bridge and has down and grout tiler on it and the circular house. that road wrecks the tracking and wheel balancing on your car. ive had to leave my car in to be fixed because of it and i refuse to use that road anymore. it just sucks as i have to use the main road where there are trucks and slow drivers. the road seems to be built on a bog or something as its sunken in so many spots!

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I doubt it will ever be fixed. It seems a bit of no mans land. Partly owned by Kildare and partly owned by Laois Co. Council. It was partly repaired last year with chippings on the kildare side. Don't know of any works to be carried out.

On a side note, i hear that the bridge on the main road should be widened in the coming year. Compulsory purchase orders of land are in place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

oh right. what a bummer. that road is so handy but a bit of a death trap for cars! lol. cool to hear the other road will have the bridge widened. does that mean bye bye to the lights there then?

Sure does.

Maybe they might repair the road to take the traffic while they work on the bridge widening.

thank goodness! oh janey never thought of that. thats gonna be madness if the traffic will be diverted down that side road! or into ballybrittas vis station road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

LOL, its called the bog road for a reason! :p

• Advertisement

:)

stevoman wrote: »

LMAO :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Was scan-reading your first post Ruby and thought you had asked if 'the road was built on a dog or something?' :D:D

Was scan-reading your first post Ruby and thought you had asked if 'the road was built on a dog or something?' :D:D

LOL :)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,452 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

stevoman wrote: »

yeah, thats the main reason the road is such sh1te....
    It keeps sinking into the bog, it really isnt anything to do with the finishing on the road.

theres been plenty a boy racer write off his car on that road....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

Every so often we use the other back road to Monasterevin, I think it could be referred to as the treascon road? Its a grand surface and is only a bit poxy at two points. By poxy I mean small and bendy.

Advertisement