Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Console Gaming Event

• 12-03-2008 3:02pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Another World Gamer Live tournament / LAN event is scheduled for March 29th. Out in Maynooth again and Ubisoft will be providing copies of Vegas 2 to run a tournament and for prizes afterwards.

Usual line-up includes Halo 3, Cod 4, PES2008/FIFA 08, Frontlines Fuel of War, Gears of War - all include individual prizes etc (games, consoles, hardware)

Hope to see you there - register at www.worldgamerlive.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I should be there Chris. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭iii Stevo iii

Cant find much info on the site regarding the gametypes that will be played?
    I know a good few people from galway that would be interested in Halo3.
    Team slayer 4v4? Are you using MLG v4 maps and gametypes? How much is team entry?

While I don't have the answers for these, if you add "Copernicus 1" to your friends list, he will be able to help you.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

The main tournament will be the Halo 3 4v4 - MLG rules. It's €35 per man for the whole day, for all tournaments (12 noon 'til 12 midnight)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Good luck with the event.

So far, I'm barely interested... is there a list of all the game tournaments at the event on the site? Will there be driving games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

FIFA 08 and PES2008 tournaments are tempting for sure... Would like to play Vegas 2 aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

Cant find much info on the site regarding the gametypes that will be played?
    I know a good few people from galway that would be interested in Halo3.
    Team slayer 4v4? Are you using MLG v4 maps and gametypes? How much is team entry?

Hey man, we'll be using mlgv4 or v5 if they are out by then. add me on xbl "neilk iz bak" and we can play a few customs together. always good to see new people on the scene.

Fnz wrote: »
    Good luck with the event.

So far, I'm barely interested... is there a list of all the game tournaments at the event on the site? Will there be driving games?

Usually some PGR racing at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

If I could hook up a keyboard and mouse I'd go...My fiddly thumbs can't aim on consoles :)

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    If I could hook up a keyboard and mouse I'd go...My fiddly thumbs can't aim on consoles :)

There's always a need for cannon fodder!! ;)

• Advertisement

Is there many halo teams seriously going from here!! It would be nice to get a rough estimate of total amont of teams competing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

sounds good, whats the story, are the tournements running at the same time >? would be looking to get in on some COD4 Action,

blaze1 wrote: »
    sounds good, whats the story, are the tournements running at the same time >? would be looking to get in on some COD4 Action,

You'll be able to compete in most of the tournaments.

Just a reminder that the event is still on for next Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Im home from Flordia on the Wednesday and I have a mate who will be highly interested in this.
    Not to mention myself and my brother and he has a load of mates from school who play these games.

No idea of skill levels or whatever, but that aint important.

Lucowarrior is my mates gamertag.
    l y t e o is mine (im a pc gamer tho but I want my clans Xbox division to take off)

Whats this event like?
    Do you need your own TV's and stuff yeh? I take it you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Will def be there, might not catch the start. 12pm to 12am?
    Count be in for some PGR/Forza, will play COD4/R6V2 if ppl need players .....will not play Gears....cause I cant play the stupid game + its gay. :)

how many 360's screens will be there? do u need to bring your own? seems to be good few goin for the XB360 games.

You will need to bring your own stuff. We might have 4 or 5 to loan out but I wouldn't bank on it.

The skill levels are varied and most people go home with something.

You don't need to be there for the full 12 hours as there are prizes for each individual tournament.

btw - we have an ad in today's and tomorrows Irish Mirror - bring that and we'll knock €5 off the entry fee.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Will there be any Acecombat 6?????????

There won't be an official Ace Combat 6 tournie but there will be loads of unofficial games going on all day and Ace Combat may well be one of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭D3UC3 J3

A good few CS crew heading to this man, we'll be bringing some mates too.

I scolded all as myself and Gaiscioch were the only cs reps there the last time.

Looking forward to it! :cool:

D3UC3 J3 btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

jrabgmail wrote: »
    A good few CS crew heading to this man, we'll be bringing some mates too.

I scolded all as myself and Gaiscioch were the only cs reps there the last time.

Looking forward to it! :cool:

D3UC3 J3 btw

NUUURRDD!!! :D

You are so not getting a lift!!! :eek:

Let me know how big your tv is btw. The car isn't massive! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

D3UC3 J3 wrote: »
    You are so not getting a lift!!! :eek:

Let me know how big your tv is btw. The car isn't massive! :D

19" monitor. ;) (lcd duh)

Well done Karl and Chris and all the helpers, much appreciated! Had a great time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

So was there a good turnout for this? Who won the Halo comp?

My team won the halo comp. Team ez. 2-0 down in the final and come back 3-2 :D

Which one were you. I know Junkbuster. Well done btw!

It was bloody marvelous to see HALO 3 played at that level! :eek:

I was the one with the hat lol :P were you the guy with bleached hair ya?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Saw an ad in the paper for this "Bring your own TV, Console, games"

Lol. my hole. Bring my telly and my console down to me, then pay €35.
    Sounds like some scam.

Advertisement