Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lcvp

• 12-03-2008 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Lads,

Can anyone give me some real information on what LCVP is really about and what it actually means in terms of experience, workload, whether it is a benefit or not etc., whether is suits one type of personality or not etc

Just a basic outline of why you should or should not do it...

Thanks a mill
    xxx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,892 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

No it isnt a benefit...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

How many points are you aiming for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Beeeee

well,
    see the thing is , it's not about me, i just wanted to get some info before my bro' makes a decision about doing it next year cos he's not doing transition year.
    as in real info, not just the blurb they give you on the lcvp website.
    i think its important that you be suited, personality-wise, to a subject you know? and im not sure if my brother is.

thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

If you do and enjoy Business, LCVP is quite easy. There is alot of project-type work such as typing up stuff. I am glad I did it because it is quite easy so far and I have nothing to loose by doing it.

Does it give you extra points for L.C??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

you can count it as one of your 6. i think the most you can get is 80 points from it

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jayj224

You get 70 points for a distinction. You have to do 6 pieces of work which include cv, work experience diary, career investigation, and similar pieces of work. It is relatively easy the there is a small test which is based on a audio visual presentation and a case study. It does require him to do two business subjects or two science and study a foreign language. Suggest he does not allow the work to mount up as it needs to be presented at the same time as orals, geography project etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Unless you're doing mostly lower level/foundation subjects, or don't have the required amount of subjects... I wouldn't really bother. I did it for a year and a half, dropped it before the actualy LC because I knew I was wasting my time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Beccy

I am sitting near all higher level, but all the same lcvp can be a very easy 70 points... especially if u do business and have relatively good use of the english language...if some exam goes wrong on the day its nice to have it as a fall back option...70 points is the same as a higher c1, that ain't bad...;);)

Links will be enough thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

yeah they tried to get me to do it but unless you're doing a lot of ordinary subjects it's not benificial.It's bout organising events writing cv's business plan work experience and a video or something .I didnt pay attention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

I'm doing all honours subjects and I qualify for LCVP so I'm just gonna go with it. It's the same kind of bollocks as CSPE (writing up action plans of things we never actually carried out, but pretending we did); therefore piss easy and not very time consuming.

I just figure it can't hurt; there's a chance (albeit a slim one) that it could make all the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭ancientdog

DO IT..it isnt that hard and you can get easy points for college...it comes in handy for making out cvs and all that stuff , but most of all u get alot of points....30 points is a pass, 50 points=merit, 70 points=distinction....brings youre points up for college significantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Yep, it's well worth it and it's handy for when you go out looking for a job because you have your CV done out.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭shamoono

How many points are the universities UCD, Trinity and RCSI award for LCVP this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

To be honest, I love lcvp! I didn't do ty and i think it's a bit like mini ty. You do work experience, organise trips, that sorta stuff. Although it has it's bad points, like the unhealthy amount of typing involved! But overall I like it, and I think I'll really need it for the points. It's 70 for distinction, 50 for merit and 30 for pass.

Advertisement