Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

peugeot 407 1.6 hdi solaire

Options
  • 12-03-2008 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭

had a look at this car yesterday, thinking of a july change. any one have one or know about them. great spec and i dbelieve the engine is very good. have not heard great reports about peugeots and electrics. any opinions folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

john1963 wrote: »
    had a look at this car yesterday, thinking of a july change. any one have one or know about them. great spec and i dbelieve the engine is very good. have not heard great reports about peugeots and electrics. any opinions folks

Spec is very good on them. I've found the 407 horrible to drive, floaty suspension, feel like you are sitting on the car rather than in the car, and you don't really know where the corners are.

Residual values on the 407 are appaling and we've had clutch and Turbo problems on 3 or 4 2004 registered 1.6's.

Apart from that.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

R.O.R wrote: »
    Spec is very good on them. I've found the 407 horrible to drive, floaty suspension, feel like you are sitting on the car rather than in the car, and you don't really know where the corners are.

Residual values on the 407 are appaling and we've had clutch and Turbo problems on 3 or 4 2004 registered 1.6's.

Apart from that.........
    I have to disagree, I drove both the 1.6 and the 2.0 diesel. Both cars are lovely (IMHO) to drive. The 1.6 is not the quickest but super ecnomical.
    As far as I know they came out in 04 so avoid that year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

cashmni1 wrote: »
    I have to disagree, I drove both the 1.6 and the 2.0 diesel. Both cars are lovely (IMHO) to drive. The 1.6 is not the quickest but super ecnomical.
    As far as I know they came out in 04 so avoid that year.

+1 great car. my favourite in that class at the moment followed by the citroen c5. they have a bullet proof engine. at the end of the day any car in this class very depreciate like no tomorrow. very big spacious car aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

OP you might want to note that there is a heavily facelifted 407 arriving around September. Changes include similar front look to the 207/308, rear and interior is also being revamped:

[URL="javascript:self.close();"]car_photo_230937_5.jpg[/URL]

[URL="javascript:self.close();"]car_photo_230931_5.jpg[/URL]

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

R.O.R. knows his stuff chaps. Involved in fleet cars.

• Advertisement
Advertisement