Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD press on platered wall

Options
  • 12-03-2008 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭

I got some CD presses from Ikea and I have put one on the wall with the wall plugs and screws - 2 at top and 2 at the bottom. Also there is a small plastic bracket that is at the bottom of the press that is attached to the press.
    This is on a normal plastered wall and holds 127 CDs...my question is, does it sound safe?
    And if not what is the best solution to this?

One option may be to attach legs and have some of the weight on the ground perhaps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

Here is a link to the press that I bought - I actually have 4 to put up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,991 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

what type of plugs have you used - if they are proper plasterboard plugs then its probably ok, if they're just bog standard rawlplugs that came with the presses then I wouldn't be so confident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

I have something similar from argos, although they hold about twice the amount of CDs. & mine is going into a brick wall.

I got two small metal L brackets for the top of it & on the bottom I have it sitting on a wooden baton which is three inches deep & almost the width of the unit.

With something like this I always discard the provided hardware & upgrade it.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

robo wrote: »
    I got some CD presses from Ikea and I have put one on the wall with the wall plugs and screws - 2 at top and 2 at the bottom. Also there is a small plastic bracket that is at the bottom of the press that is attached to the press.
    This is on a normal plastered wall and holds 127 CDs...my question is, does it sound safe?
    And if not what is the best solution to this?

One option may be to attach legs and have some of the weight on the ground perhaps?
    what typeof wall are you fixing this to plaster board or block
    if it plaster board not a hope..........................just go out and buy the right fixings....... couple of quid in any hardware

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

I used HD Plasterboards plugs as Ikea don't supply the fixture parts but do show you how to hang it.
    The wall is plasterboard.

• Advertisement
Advertisement