Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accident/Fire?

• 12-03-2008 3:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there's been an accident or incident?

The are lots of ambulance and fire engine sirens to be heard on the dunmore road?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 mimiraffo

There was a car crash between the old kilmeaden road roundabout and carrickpherish roundabout in waterford. 5 injured , some seriously. all aged between 15-20yrs old- 3 girls- 2 boys.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I do believe that a group of school girls got into a car, there were not enough room for them and they did not know the driver (who apparently, was under the influence of either drink or drugs). The driver locked them in and refused to stop. The car then ended up in a ditch and at least one of the girls required CPR. Nobody was wearing a seat belt.

Several emergency services were called to the scene.

Obviously, I cant say if its fact. Its just what seems to be doing the rounds.

The car then ended up in a ditch ( The car ended up on the grass verge , Not in a ditch)and at least one of the girls required CPR( Not true). do not know if the driver was under the influence of controlled substances, and it appears that they were not wearing their seatbelts.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

mimiraffo wrote: »
    The car then ended up in a ditch ( The car ended up on the grass verge , Not in a ditch)and at least one of the girls required CPR( Not true). do not know if the driver was under the influence of controlled substances, and it appears that they were not wearing their seatbelts.

Sorry, I heard the above from someone who attended the call. I assume you were at the call and/or part of the emergency team?

Grass Verge is more or less a ditch :p Just not fully in.

Heard it from someone who attended the call as well!! small world eh!!;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It is all hear say then

Ya cant trust anyone. Looks like we know what happened but small things are inconsistent :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0313/rta.html
    A 15-year-old girl remains in a critical condition in hospital following a road traffic accident on the outskirts of Waterford city yesterday afternoon.

Five people were taken to hospital following the single-vehicle accident that happened on the Old Kilmeaden Road at 2.30pm.

Two of the occupants were discharged from hospital yesterday and a third is to undergo minor surgery this morning.
    Advertisement

A fourth person is being treated for back injuries. All five are aged between 15 and 20-years-old.

The road is now closed and will not re-open until lunchtime as gardaí are to carry out a technical examination of the scene.

Traffic diversions are in place

What kind of muppets don't wear seatbelts these days regardless of age, I've seen a few people lately not wearing them ranging from 40+ to teens and I just can't understand it

Cabaal wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0313/rta.html

What kind of muppets don't wear seatbelts these days regardless of age, I've seen a few people lately not wearing them ranging from 40+ to teens and I just can't understand it

Again, its all hearsay, but if the story is correct then I dont think they expected to be going anywhere in the car. There were to many and the driver took off. Apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Does anyone know if the car was stolen?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 sm123_irl

Having seeing the car I can say it was lucky everyone wasn't killed the car is wrecked

Advertisement