Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Boardies in New Zealand?

• 12-03-2008 3:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭

yes i've checked boards.co.nz and yes it sucks....anyone boardsies here living down under at the moment? Heading to Auckland in two weeks for a year would be cool to see how ye're getting on!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I is moving to Wellington in 6 weeks. Can't wait!

Don1 is heading to Queenstown soon after in July and Crumble Froo is in Chirstchurch. We were talking about a NZ boards beers in a few months. It's be cool to have one on foreign soil!

Are you all set to head off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Deadly let me know if anythings organised...i might try post regulary on boards.co.nz and generate some interest there too :)

All set, moneys all sent down and everythings sold :)

Great forum for info here if you havent seen it already:
    http://www.emigratenz.org/forum/index.php

Thanks a mill, that forum looks good. I'll have a nosy around now.

If anything is organised over the summer (aka the winter in NZ - it's all so confusing) I'll post here/send a PM and try to get people interested.

Best of luck in Auckland!

Cool same to you....boards.co.nz won't let me register as it says i'm getting the humanizer question wrong....capital of NZ=Wellington but says i'm wrong.....weird!

pclancy wrote: »
    Cool same to you....boards.co.nz won't let me register as it says i'm getting the humanizer question wrong....capital of NZ=Wellington but says i'm wrong.....weird!

I heard that before. You have to say Auckland apparently!

I hope this isn't a bad sign! It would be great if we could get boards.co.nz more active. I might give it a go with you too!

• Advertisement

Nope I tried that too just in case...I asked in the helpdesk here so someone will come along i'd imagine and sort it.

Well let me know if you get in. I won't try sign up until you get some answers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah... I had that problem too.

I guess none of us are human after all.

:d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Cupid Stunt

I've been in Wellington for the last year and a half

• Advertisement

Cool how do you like it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I just moved to Melbourne from NZ. It's a great place in the summer, winters are long enough and dreary. I spent about 5 months in Welli wasn't that keen on it to be honest, it's nice enough but there's not a lot to see or do in the surrounding area, you've to drive for hours to get anywhere or take the ferry. Auckland on the other hand is near a lot of cool stuff like Raglan, Bay of Islands, Bay of Plenty, Tauranga, Mount Maunganui, Rotorua etc. etc. all within a few hours. Then again not many people like Auckland it has a rep for being too spread out and boring! I lived in Tauranga for most of my time in NZ, in a place called Mount Maunganui, which is as close to paradise as I have ever lived, not as many job options up there though. Being in Melbourne now is such a different world, just another big city! Enjoy NZ though it's a great place, I might retire there some day!

Advertisement