Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fuel cards-any recommendations?

Options
  • 12-03-2008 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭

Hi

Am interested in getting fuel cards for our fleet.

Anyone to use/avoid? What sort of discounts are typically available or is it a pure convenience issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Hi

Am interested in getting fuel cards for our fleet.

Anyone to use/avoid? What sort of discounts are typaically available or is it a pure convenience issue?

If it's nationwide coverage you need then there is only 1 solution. It used to be the Statoil card, but with the merger between Statoil and Shell to become Topaz Energy almost complete, it may just be a Topaz card now.

Advice would be to contact Statoil and see what they will do for you. They use a cent per litre discount off their published price rather than a straight rebate. Esso used to be the only real competition for nationwide coverage but cut their rebates years ago, closed half their stations and just made it not worth dealing with them on a corporate basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Thanks

I have the following list
    • Topaz
    • Texaco
    • DCI
    • CSC
    • Maxol
    • Emo

Only Maxol and CSC seem to offer 'All Ireland' coverage

Only Maxol and CSC seem to offer 'All Ireland' coverage

It's been a couple of years since I last looked in to this for someone so I'm not sure all my info is totally up to date.

I would have thought Maxol cards can only be used at Maxol stations and there aren't as many of those around as Statoil.

I must admit I've never heard of CSC before. I just had a look on their site and Ireland isn't mentioned at all - perhaps I'm looking at the wrong place :confused:

http://www.topazenergy.ie/fuelcard.asp
    Topaz and Statoil are now all the one group so the Topaz card gives you 350 stations throughout the country to choose from. Not sure how it works now but the old Statoil system for ordering all the cards was on-line, along with instant on-line reporting and e-billing. Sooo much easier than having to fax forms to Dci / Esso.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

If you are seriously in business then a messageboard is not the way to find out the various deals, terms or conditions with regard to Fuel Cards. Tender the various suppliers and get a real view of the situation by asking them the pertinant questions and drawing up a service level agreement.

Here's the CSC site I was looking at

http://www.cscgroup.org.uk/gold.htm

maybe it's only for HGVs or something.

Comparing availability
    • Topaz-no N.I. coverage 350 sites
    • Texaco-no N.I. coverage 300 sites
    • DCI-400 sites
    • CSC-UK and ROI cards 245 sites
    • Maxol-'All Ireland' coverage 70 sites
    • Emo-No N.I. coverage 400 sites

• Advertisement

If you are seriously in business then a messageboard is not the way to find out the various deals, terms or conditions with regard to Fuel Cards. Tender the various suppliers and get a real view of the situation by asking them the pertinant questions and drawing up a service level agreement.

Indeed-but I would also like to get experiences of dealing with various companies.

Here's the CSC site I was looking at

http://www.cscgroup.org.uk/gold.htm

maybe it's only for HGVs or something.

Comparing availability

Didn't see that bit - doesn't look too bad.

With the old statoil card you could specify National (only ROI stations) or International (they have various "partner" stations across Europe). The international card could be used in NI and the UK. I had to re-issue about 300 cards to one company where we'd originally issued National cards and a few of their drivers covered N.I as well.

As someone else has advised, tender the business to the companies who can meet your requirements. I'd avised to have a rough annual fuel spend to hand (split between petrol/diesel) so they can see the size of the potential business.

Advertisement