Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricity vs. ESB

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

bugfreebob wrote: »
    ...and they said they were only for "new customers". I have been with Airtricity for 9 years.
    Thats poor form.
    I don't like their behaviour, but I will stay with them for the moment now that I have the 10% reduction.
    We will have to keep an eye on them :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭321654

It seems there is some sneaky stuff after all then.

Thats it for me then.

As the dragons say "I'm out"

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

321654 wrote: »
    Im still a bit suspicious though that tariffs are only available on request.

This is all you get when you click on their Tariffs link

http://www.airtricity.com/ireland/switch_to_airtricity/switch_now/airtricity_your_airtricit/
    That page now has detailed information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Victor wrote: »
    That page now has detailed information.

And online application too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Thanks for bringing these new tariffs to my attention Eurorunner. I contacted Airtricity and told them I was going back to ESB because they were charging me 10% more than ESB. I mentioned these new tariffs, and they said they were only for "new customers". I have been with Airtricity for 9 years. I explained that I could cease and go back to ESB and then return to Airtricity to get the tariffs...they agreed to transfer me to the new tariffs. I also discovered that they had put me on a flat payment plan without consulting or notifying me. I don't like this, because it only gives me a bill every 6 months and they are not even putting tariff updates on their website.

Any Airtricity customers out there should contact them to make sure they are getting the new tariffs.

I don't like their behaviour, but I will stay with them for the moment now that I have the 10% reduction.

I was on the verge of signing up until I read the above and similar here on Boards.ie - Its obvious to me that lots of folks will run on reading the increasing numbers of scare stories about Airtricitiy's half-arsed, disinterested, shoddy and sneaky Customer service practices.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Thanks for bringing these new tariffs to my attention Eurorunner. I contacted Airtricity and told them I was going back to ESB because they were charging me 10% more than ESB. I mentioned these new tariffs, and they said they were only for "new customers". .

Sadly alot of companys do this, mobile phone companys, eircom, ntl etc its pretty common practice...basically as a customer you need to keep aware of cutrrent price plans compared to your own

Advertisement