Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCNA Self Study With Out Of Date Books

Options
  • 12-03-2008 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

I brought Wendell Odom's (Cisco Press) CCNA books 640-811 + 640-821 a while back. Now that those exams have been discontinued, would these books be be sufficient to get me through the new revised CCNA exams?

I'd be very slow to buy almost an exact copy of the books I presently own barring an extra chapter or topic here and there :(

From what I can see, the revised exams has included wireless media, configuration and security and dropped ISDN with one or two other minor changes - If this is the case, I would rather source the wireless information etc. needed from the net or any other viable source.

Your views would be greatly appreciated & yes I have considered that to save the ca$h on the updated books prior to losing even more ca$h via lost fees for a failed exam would be a false economy - but then again surely with a bit of care and common sense being deployed........[?]

Advertisement