Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Currency Exchange

Options
  • 12-03-2008 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi,

I lodged a USD cheque to BOI the other day and the corresponding euro amount was placed into my account. I asked the teller to clarify what I was being charged for such a transaction, but it was like getting blood from a stone. She assured me that there was no charge involved and that I would get a straight exchange, but what I was trying to find out was the effective charge built into the spread when BOI are buying currency.
    Does anyone know what it is roughly in percentage terms?

Also, it was a USD cheque drawn on a UK bank (Barclays). The institution that I requested the cheque from (Neteller) indicated that there may be a fairly large processing fee involved in lodging such a cheque(I assume to be charged by Barclays), but again BOI assured me that no such fee would apply. Can anyone put my mind to rest as I am a bit sceptical. The money is now in my account in Euro. Barclays can hardly take the money from my BOI account can they?

Advertisement