Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5.1 Surround sound system made for 360!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-HTS-GS1-5-1-Channel-Surround-System/dp/B000H683YC/ref=combo_pack_i_6

Its made by pioneer. Looks sweet. Wondering if its been sold in Ireland?

Sure, any 5.1 system not matter what the size will do for the xbox360 once its got optical in, or sound over hdmi (if you have an elite 360)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

syboit wrote: »
    or sound over hdmi (if you have an elite 360)

What's that? I want to connect my 360 to my 5.1 receiver, i think it has optical in but is that another way?

What's that? I want to connect my 360 to my 5.1 receiver, i think it has optical in but is that another way?

As far as I know if your amp has hdmi in, the elite will send the 5.1dolby track from the game to the amp that way. It wont carry the loseless hd-dvd tracks to your amp (not that this is a big issue with hd-dvd gone now).

By optical I meant the spdif connection, not the coax/rca type.

post #4 http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236980 tells you about the different sound options. An overall good page with lots of 360 info.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭iii Stevo iii

Can this system be bought in ireland? or even england? anyone have links to sites?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

It's not actually all that great tbh. We have 1 in the xbox centre in Tallaght. You'd be better of getting just a normal 5.1 or 7.1 system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

syboit wrote: »
    post #4 http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236980 tells you about the different sound options. An overall good page with lots of 360 info.

Coolio, cheers dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Looking at the tech specs for that Xbox surround system .... 10% THD , ( thats total harmonic distortion ..) is a truly brutal figure for a sound system , maybe its a misprint ...but if its not then it may be OK for games , it'll be crap for anything else !!

This figure is typically less than 1% for most systems.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

mathias wrote: »
    Looking at the tech specs for that Xbox surround system .... 10% THD , ( thats total harmonic distortion ..) is a truly brutal figure for a sound system , maybe its a misprint ...but if its not then it may be OK for games , it'll be crap for anything else !!

This figure is typically less than 1% for most systems.

What that spec means is that the system will get to 100W before you hit 10% THD. THD will drop depending on power level.

see what power output the other speakers hit at 1% thd to make a comparison.

but you're right, it's not very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Logitech Z-5500

Nuff said. Bought this for my PC tried them on the xbox its unreal. So now I use them for both optical TV, standard audio through PC.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

Have to agree about the logitech speakers, brilliant sound and great value for the 360. I got the Logitech Z-5450 System for a few hundered last year. Another great thing about them is Wireless Rear Speakers, which means herself can't give out about wires ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Shamo

Bought the Z5500s back in 2005 and they're pure class (they were €320 back then I think so haven't dropped in value much!). Never had a problem with them and the sound quality is brilliant.

Have it connected to the xbox 360 through optical which I use for DVD/Games etc so can get the full 5.1 with the speakers setup around the room and also the laptop using another Toslink to optical mini cable.

Don't think there's any newer 5.1 system that rivals these for the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I agree again with the Logitech Z-5500 speakers excellent sound and quailty and the small speakers have a very nice solid feel to them and are surprisinlgy weighty for their size.

I found them good enough to replace a dedicated sony surround sound amp that had large wood speakers so my wife was happy too.

I think for the price you will not find a better speaker system and they are also thx approved.

The only quam I have with them is that the controller connects to the subwoofer which houses the amp(s) and that cable is only around 1.5 meters long.

Advertisement