Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pundits talking nonsence

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

But you have forgotten to give the teams who now got points from Man U the points that you have taken from united and so I believe your computations are flawed.

The position doesn't matter. The point is, utd would have dropped more points than Liverpool if their two top scorers were out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

and the silence from the united fans is deafening...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    DING DING DING!!

Gray and Rednapp are unbelievably bad analysts. I take the point that on a general level most pundits talk crap. But it doesn't and shouldn't have to be that way. How is it that Guim Ballique (sp :o - the Spanish soccer analyst on Sky) can be so competent at his job whereas the rest are generally under prepared and / or inarticulate?

Was it not Dunphy? (he definately said the same thing about Torres & Gerrard)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Can't the pundits just be ignored? If I'm at home I might listen to them to have a laugh at the rubbish that they will no doubt come out with. If I'm in the pub I will take the opportunity to go to the bar/bathroom/smoking area.

It's an unfortunate fact of life that the football broadcasters have to appeal to the most people which basically means the lowest common denominator. Most people who have the capability to construct a meaningful post on an Internet forum are above that and so can easily see that Eamonn Dunphy is in fact a very grumpy old man who's ramblings should not be taken seriously, Jamie Redknapp has nothing interesting to say and Ian Wright is just wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I can't believe this is still running. I find football ridiculous in general but this discussion ranks highly even by those standards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    DING DING DING!!

Gray and Rednapp are unbelievably bad analysts. I take the point that on a general level most pundits talk crap. But it doesn't and shouldn't have to be that way. How is it that Guim Ballique (sp :o - the Spanish soccer analyst on Sky) can be so competent at his job whereas the rest are generally under prepared and / or inarticulate?

Thats what i said most media people take the word of Andy Gray as gospel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Call_me_al wrote: »
    and the silence from the united fans is deafening...

I don't think Redknapp and Andy Gary are Man Utd fans or post here

Or maybe you are dying for an argument that isn't there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

If your going to take the top two scorers out of the each of the top 4 teams, then you have to do that with the rest of the league as well. Chances are they are still going to be in the top four places, so all this dropping down to 8th and 11th places means nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Unearthly wrote: »
    I don't think Redknapp and Andy Gary are Man Utd fans or post here

Or maybe you are dying for an argument that isn't there?

an argument is way too much effort for this time but it's a point i have made before that there are a number of fans (not just united fans) on this forum who talk the talk but when a some stats are shown against them they tend to disappear.

so more an observation...

btw i am pretty sure Andy Grey loves united, he never shuts up about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

This thread has run it's useful course.

It amazes me that something that has so little to do with any team in particular can descend so quickly into a my team your team thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement