Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on sizing a Felt Z70

Options
  • 12-03-2008 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

About to purchase a road bike and get a bit fit. This is a likely bike: a Felt Z70

http://www.feltracing.com/08/product.asp?catid=1504,1515&pid=8678

Feels beautifully worked and really smooth components. Price is not crazy, probably between 1200 & 1300 eu

2 questions

1) Any experience of this bike: the reviews look positive & it feels good

2) I am a bit confused re sizing. I am 5'11" and ~33" inside leg: The on line guides indicate a 56cm frame, but the bike shop say this is not important. I have a sneaky suspicion it might be to do with what is in stock...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

fortyplus wrote: »

2) I am a bit confused re sizing. I am 5'11" and ~33" inside leg: The on line guides indicate a 56cm frame, but the bike shop say this is not important. I have a sneaky suspicion it might be to do with what is in stock...

The most important thing is to make sure the bike fits correctly. yes the bike shop may trying to sell you what they have in stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭bunnygreen

Absolutely, sizing is really important,you can get bad injuries from wrong bike set up and sizing,knees,back etc.If you intend to spend a lot time on the bike,get fitted,the shop you buy it from should include this service as part of the deal.

also the price looks good for what you get

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭fortyplus

Thanks for that feedback, it confirms what I thought.

I think I will visit a few other shops over the weekend and see what the advice is. I still like the look of the Felt bike though...

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Hi,

I have a Felt F65 racer. They are a beautiful bike. I'm 6'3 and have a 60cm frame. It fits me perfect. I've made some small adjustments. For example I have a shorter stem as I had to reach a bit far for the handle bars. So, sounds like a 58 or 60 would suit you perfect.

• Advertisement

The internal brake cable routing is a nice feature on the z70

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭EhBenDisDonc

I bought a Z80 at Christmas and absolutely love it. Everybody should have one!
    I'm about the same height and inside-leg as yourself, and my frame is 58cm. Mostly it's comfortable but I have a slight suspicion that I may be overstretching a bit to get to the bars, and plan to pop back to my (extremely helpful) LBS to see what they think. Anyway, do get a proper fitting and, if possible, try both the 56cm and 58cm.

Advertisement