Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living and working in spain?

Options
  • 12-03-2008 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭

so, me and my flatemate decided that the provincial life would be too much to bear for the summer and we're heading to Alicante in spain because it's warm, we both speak spanish, and alicante is first on the list of websites on ryanair.com. Anyone ever lived and worked in Spain in general or alicante in particular and if so any advice? Like, how hard is it to find jobs/accommodation (we're both 19, with a conversational level of spanish and decent job experience), what's the wages and cost of living like? Is it any fun?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

moved to Abroad :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 gav T

I'm planning the same thing as the 2 girls anyone got any tips. I’m 20 year old lad from cork and a change is needed for the summer. I’ve been on just about every job site available on the net looking for work but only found a handful of slim chance jobs worth applying for. I'm thinking Costa del sol is the place to be for work but I could be wrong ................ a friend of mine worked in Spain for the past 6 years (mostly summer stuff) if I can get his number I’ll try get some details ect. and see if they help but at the moment any advice is good advice:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

I've an aquaintance who has recently returned. Everything was fine exept wages - she is a tatoo artist, and wages were dismisally low. Otherwise she liked it a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

we just got back from a five day reccy trip over there and loved the place, so layed back and chilled! Handed in a few cvs in Alicante, then, during a four freaking hour flight delay courtesy of aer lingus and the weather gods, got talking to a guy who has a house over there and he reccommended we go for some of the smaller towns south of alicante which apparently have an oddly high level of irish bars...twill all be good in the hood methinks :D

Advertisement